It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Hi Guys---

Hi guys --I hope all of you are having an OK Friday night. I am dreading tomorrow because I anticipate the WDs to be in FULL EFFECT by then. I am slightly a mess right now but my symptoms are limited too shakes, sweats, headache and overall YUCKS. I am home with my kids so I am not sure if that makes it worse or better! I love them but there sounds can be SOOO much louder during withdrawals. This will be night one Drug free (besides alcohol, i figure lets not dump all at once). Well, please chime in and let me know what all of you are doing tonight,.

D

Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
(female)

magpie1970 HB User
Re: Hi Guys---

I'm at home with the kids tonight too; however, they are just loud and that's not due to wd's!! ha ha ha ha

Try not to stress about what withdrawal symptoms you MAY have and how bad they MAY be. Everyone has a different withdrawal reaction and it may not be as bad as you think. Keep some dayquil on hand on some other things that you may deem necessary, but remember that it may not be bad, as compared to a living heck.

Good luck and I'll send some positive thoughts your way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Thanks for the words --I will make it..

D

Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
(female)

erie123 HB User

Hi
just wondering, magpie how dayquil can help?
good luck full circle.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
(female)

magpie1970 HB User

It helps with the aches and pains. You get flu symptoms when withdrawing and dayquil helps, of course at night take nyquil. Worked for me and many others.

Have a nice night!!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Just have a slight headache right now and I am trying to get fully hydrated. I might go for a walk later with my wife to get some fresh air. What makes it so hard is KNOWING that you are going to sick. At least when you get the flu, you have NO CLUE how bad it will be and sleeping always helps. I think that is what the worst thing about this is that you are stuck feeling bad with no real escape.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
(female)

crocheting HB User
Smile Re: Hi Guys---

You have done such a great job, I know your story inspires a lot of people. I have been depressed thinking that I am not weening fast enough. But my husband my biggest supporter, says I have done great. After weening off completely Oxycotin 120 mg a day, in four weeks, I have not craved it at all not once. It was horrible coming off that stuff. Needing to be at 6 per day of norco for my chronic pain some of my problems I was born with I didn't figure it out until about Four yrs. Ago. Well with weening my norco I guess I am doing pretty good weened off 50% within a week. So now my body is tired and pain pretty bad. Today is a lot better. I know how you feel I CT a few times, I hope your weekend goes well. I hope your mind is able to rest some, that is what was bad for me. Wish you well. Crocheting

Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

magpie1970 HB User

Hey FC,

Just checking in to see how things are going for you. Hopefully they aren't as bad as you anticipated.

Mags

Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
(female)

crocheting HB User
Smile Re: Hi Guys---

Correction, I weened off the oxycotin in two months not four weeks.just wanted to make that correction. Crocheting
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocheting View Post
You have done such a great job, I know your story inspires a lot of people. I have been depressed thinking that I am not weening fast enough. But my husband my biggest supporter, says I have done great. After weening off completely Oxycotin 120 mg a day, in four weeks, I have not craved it at all not once. It was horrible coming off that stuff. Needing to be at 6 per day of norco for my chronic pain some of my problems I was born with I didn't figure it out until about Four yrs. Ago. Well with weening my norco I guess I am doing pretty good weened off 50% within a week. So now my body is tired and pain pretty bad. Today is a lot better. I know how you feel I CT a few times, I hope your weekend goes well. I hope your mind is able to rest some, that is what was bad for me. Wish you well. Crocheting

Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hi guys --it 4:30 here and I am hanging in there. Do feel great but I can deal with that. I am just really started to hate this whole process. I am actually bored with it. It frustrates me to NO END that I have to miss something or lie about being sick to work or anything like that. I dragged my butt out of bed/couch this afternoon and went to a local winter fair they were putting on. The kids were skating with there dads and eating hit dogs and cotton candy. All this cool stuff was going on while I just sat and watched. I have to do this NOW so I dont miss the precious times with my 3 young kids. I am such a selfish person and I have to change that. What bothers me most is I think that I wrote this once before. What is wrong with me~

D

Old 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
(female)

crocheting HB User
Thumbs up Re: Hi Guys---

Seriously, to be able to drag yourself out of the house to have a day out with the kids is truely remarkable!! The times that I went cold turkey, I couldn't even eat, shower or anything! So hats off to you buddy, your doing a great job. I am really encourged by that bigtime! If you can find the strengh to go out with the kids, I know I should reach my goal sooner than later. I only are strengh and endurance from you today, no weakness at all. I hope the rest of your day goes as good as could be expected. Wow...great job friend!
Crocheting

Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Buddy!

I am SOOOO proud of you. You are doing great! I hope you are feeling okay. The anticipation of whats to come is always scary but I hope and pray for you that it's not as bad as what you expect!

I remember when I went thru it and it was horrible but others have had way different experiences.. Let's hope you fall into that catigory.

Well, I just wanted to say hello and tell you that I am fully in your corner and am here for you all the way..... As you know... This will come to an end and you know you have the power to achieve this. You have done it before and you will do it now.

Hang in there buddy! We are all rooting for you. I pray you have a peaceful restful night. It's 2 am here so it's time to hit the hay for me....... Try to give me brain a break.

Give us an update when you can!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #13
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Hello ,my mate!! Im so sorry that I havent posted you in a couple days but things been very up and down my end. I am sooo very chuffed that you're sticking by going cold turkey. I admire you for having the strenght and commitment....Im even envious. You are doing so well......and to go out for a family day? WOW!! Full on!!
Carry on going and remember that there is something VERY good to be had at the end of all this pain. You are so worth that end result.
Sorry its short (but hopefully sweet!hahaha) but have to go out.
Will post you again later on board......or maybe just pm.Let me know how its going.
ake care..........CC XOXOX

Closed Thread