It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

halie11 HB User
withdrawals

i have been on pain meds and fentanyl patches for 2 or3 year for the pain i have in my back.but my doctor does not want to give me the meds any more i am going nutts. i dont want to face the withdraws i do not know what to do or who to turn to. please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: withdrawals

Welcome

It sounds like you are in a major jam. Can you provide more information as to why your Dr. does not wan to give you anymore? At the least if he is going to take them away he better be weaning you down and not make you go cold turkey. If you have a valid back issue I don't understand why all of a sudden he wants to cut you off... That just does not seem fair and all and I can understand why you are scared.

You have come to the right place though for support. This place is my life line and I have found it to be a true blessing.

Has he cut you off already and you are in w/d or do you still have some meds left? Have you been abusing these meds at all? Could you seek a second opinion? I know it's a lot of questions but if we knew more about the situation we would be able to give you better advice.

Hang in there. You will be in my prayers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
(male)

cureforyou HB User
Re: withdrawals

my wife had bone cancer . the radiation they gave her also gave her lypmedema, causing her left arm to swell up and much pain.they put her in the hospital and after three days of every pain medicine you can think of, heroin and oxycodone. she couldn't sleep and hadn't slept for a week because of pain and vomiting. on the way home on the 3rd night i remembered dmso. got it from the house and came back and rubbed her back and arm. i told her this would kill the pain for at least 6-7 hours. she got her first night sleep in a week. 7 hours later she was calling me to come back.rubbed her down again and the pain went away.you must use a oil of some kind after dsmo dries or it will burn the skin. the next day i started using emu oil which has pain reducing element to it also as my oil to keep her skin from drying out. a friend of mine came to the hospital to visit and he also had been suffering from back pain for 30 years. i rubbed him down in dmso and then the emu oil and his pain went away. he is now using this combination for his back pain. research dmso it has been around for years. the horse racing industry has been using it on the horses for years. also there is a product called soothanol x2 it also contains emu oil, dmso and some other stuff. they say 2 drops is all you need. it's expensive $50, but cheap if it does what it says and they say because of the additional ingredients it's longer lasting. i have some but have not had to use it yet. dmso and emu oil are cheap at any health food store. also you might want to try dr franks pain relief.

The Following User Says Thank You to cureforyou For This Useful Post:
Tom629 (08-01-2012)
Closed Thread