It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #16
(female)

Lugar22 HB User
Re: Need help!

Heya Linda......I feel so bad that I haven't posted you in a few days but things have been a little (OK..a lot) all over the place for me. How you doing, my mate? Thinking about you detoxing at home.......my opinion would be be very careful. Alcohol DTs can be dangerous and you need support or meds (or best...both). If you like....try to cut down. I know thats so very hard cause one leads to another,then another but maybe you could give it a go. I would be very worried if you went CT.
How many days now till detox as inpatient? Dont throw that opportunity away as they can be hard to come by.
I know this is a hard road for you,Linda,but we are all here to support and encourage.
Let me know how your going
love........CC xoxox

Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #17
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hi Cc~I hope things have come into place for you at home. Thanks for responding to my message. I have 8 days until I go and I figure that is about 80 beers or so, not good body really cant handle it. I am going to cut down today n tomorrow and Tommy will be home this weekend to take care of me. I just want to be well as we all do! Alcohol detox takes 3 days for it to get out of your system according to a professional. After I get through the physical part I will then follow up with AA meetings. I want this real bad!!! If I find something is not right with me through this I can always call for squad. I just need you guys support for I have the want to do this but you guys have become my friends and not a whole lot of people understand addictions. Thank you so much~I am getting ready to watch my Gabriel in a bit here so he will keep me busy (9 months old). My thoughts and prayers are with you as you struggle and make your journey to lead a normal life!

Thanks Cc,
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Linda,mate,by the time you get this I bet you're knackered from Gabe...I know how hectic kids can be....mine are 4 and 6. Yeah....real mayhem..I kinda like that at times , though.
Glad you're gonna try to cut back a bit,and that Tommy's gonna support you. That makes me a lot happier to know that someone is there with you.
I admire you cause you have the right attitude to tackle this with...you sound like you've proper had enough. Its good to get mentally prepared before you hit detox. I will be here whenever you need support and will walk you through it.
Things with me are up and down,but the good news is that my other half is in this with me. Am soooo pleased cause he my boys daddy too. Not something I can walk away from.#
Talk soon,
love.........CC

Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hi Cc~Linda here checking in to see how you're doing? Yes my Gabe is a handful but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I know you are busy with 2 young ones 4 & 6 they will give you a run for your money! How are you sweetie? I am ok I guess. Sometimes people **** me off and dont take this seriously! We have alot goin on here~moneys really tight T has only been working 3 days a week and I am helpless. He seems to have already forgotten what is about to happen and I know he's worried about bills and his work but I dont get it. He thinks its going to be a walk in the park for me and I am scared. Sometimes I dont think he is the right man for me. We have been together 2 years and I love him with all my heart. This board is probably going to be my only support~dont know what I would do without you all.
Hope to talk with you soon,
Linda

Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Linda,

I am sorry to hear all of what you are going thru friend.. It makes me so sad. I wish I could just give you a big hug!

Sometimes the people we are with that we love the most we figure out they are the ones we should not be with.... Other times.... It's just the opposite. I think you will find your answer during this process coming up because you will find out if he is there to support or hold you back. If he is not supportive than he is part of the problem and it will only lead to more heart ache.... That is what I am finding in my own personal life but in a different circumstance.... We need to start making good smart choices for ourselves and stop worrying about taking care of everyone else (expect children when they are involved). Do what is best for you and in the end.. You will be the VICTOR and I believe in you honey. We are here for you EVERY step of the way!!!!

Sending you so much love.. I hope you feel a warm hug right now wrap around you... If you do.. just know it's little ole Secrets........
Love you babe!
XOXOXOOXOX

Old 03-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #21
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hi Secrets~Linda here I believe whole heartedly in your post! We shall see. I hope this post finds you okay today! Today I have had 7 beers as opposed to 12 or so and then I am calling it a day.I have loved once in my life from age 16 to 42 and nothing will ever compare not unless hes George Clooney or Brad Pitt of course!!! Kidding~Thank you for words of inspiration. Tomorrow will be hard on me please send strength to get through minute by minute. I will post as much as I can for I need you guys a whole bunch. If you dont find me online know I am thinking of you all and hoping for the best!! Yeah, sometimes men suck (mine) and I just hope and pray for the best. And of course our children are our world. My Brooke is 21 but still my baby and I talk to her at least 2-3 X daily. We have been through alot together and I love her with my life. She is a wonderful Mom~hard worker~and she hates drugs n alcohol. She's my girl. I will go for now but I will check in later on everyone. Hugs n kisses back at you for they mean the world and they're free!!

Linda

Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hi all its me Linda Cc I could really use your words right now for I am ready to lose it. I hate my man, he sucks but I love myself and my family. Please respond quickly!!!

Love
Linda

Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #23
(female)

crocheting HB User
Smile Re: Need help!

Dearest Linda, I am broken for you right now!As I shared with you in past posts, I have up drinking about ten yrs ago, the man Iloved fought me every inch of the way, it was so painful. I wish there was somewhere you could go, and get away from your partner if he is being nasty to you! You need all the encourgement and support that you can get right now! We are all here to support you Linda! He is probably feeling insecure, because he see's you are on the road to recovery. And he doesn't want to stop drinking. He will probably be difficult with you every step of the way. Linda, you are such a strong women, you have to try to give all your focus to YOU right now. I know it is hell to live with someone who comes against you at every turn!When we have posted a few days ago, I could see your strengh big time.You deserve to be happy and healthy! You are under so such stress right now, it will be difficult to ignore him!Linda, try to focus on your appt. And what it will do to change you!Make it ALL about you right now, when he is an ***, plug your ears and sing, or take a walk something, anything to get away from the negative energy!We are all here for you, post as much as you need to, I will make sure to check your thread often!Your focus has to be you right now, you deserve to be happy!
Lots of Love, Crocheting

Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #24
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Dear Crocheting~Thank you for your thoughts and kind kind words! We all have trials n tribulations to face and I wanted to say hats off to you all for being there for mine! I really cant do this anymore~mentally and physically! I was doing so so yesterday (meaning 4 beers by 6:00 pm) I did not feel very well and someone came over with a 5th of crown royal I felt better physically but mentally I was not good. God~will this ever stop????? I know Tommy does not take this seriously as it was his friend and I am vulnerable. I know I can start a new life but it is getting the jump start that I find so hard! I am tired of hurting and crying and I want the screaming in my head to just go away! It is 10:00 am and I have already had 2 beers~I do suck and I do not choose this. Please be in touch soon.
Linda

Old 03-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #25
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Hey Linda.....sorry Im late for your party mate and that things are so rough right now. god,do I know how that feels. Havent been about for a day cause all Ive wanted to do is hide in the big,deep hole Ive dug for myself. Wallow,wallow,eh? Anyhoo,Im so proud that you managed to cut down a little the last couple days,but you're so hard on yourself my sweets. At least you're moving in the right direction and trying to prepare yourself for the journey ahead. I think Tommy doesnt always appreciate how hard this is gonna be for you. I hope that he can come round a bit and help,not hinder. It makes things like a 100 times harder if you cant be a tight unit. You need support right now and understanding that this is gonna be one hell of a battle. How many days now till detox? I have had you in my prayers every night,hoping that you will find strength to finish this. You're a good mum amd are always offering your support to others. As for all of us,we must learn to take our own advice,huh? Thats the hardest thing to do...words are easy but actions...well,thats another kettle of fish.
You certainly do not suck....you just battling the same demon as we all are and finding it hard to ignore that little devil whispering in our ear. Someone needs to shoot him off my shoulder for sure!
Im here so talk to me.
love as always
your friend........CC

Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #26
(female)

crocheting HB User
Talking Re: Need help!

Good morning Linda, Please give yourself a break!It is this waiting time before you go into treatment, a million emotions are swimming through your head, and your partner not be supportive well, that would overwhelm anyone for sure.You can't kick yourself everytime you drink a beer right now, your doing something about it, waiting for your appt.I don't think not drinking a beer and going into serious withdrawls, won't be good right now because your so down and depressed.Let the professionals sort it out when you get to your appt.I just wish there was somewhere you could go, until your appt. With no support and people bringing over bottles, that is way to overwhelming for you!Can you stay with a friend or your daughter right now?Lean on us Linda we are all here for you, big time. I agree with EVERYTHING CC said! I will be checking the boards often!Your not alone in this my friend, we are right here!PM soon let us know how your doing Please stay strong! Crocheting

Closed Thread