It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

1Rodfan HB User
Need help!

I am writing to toy you in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I can do this anymore, sometimes I do not want to breathe. Please send some words fir right now I really need some!

As always always,
1RPODFAN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
(male)

bucsfan12 HB User
Re: Need help!

what are you feeling right now. Anything can be overcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello

Every fight you fight in this battle is bringing you closer and closer to what you want and need.... to live a life that is restored in both health and happiness. You are reclaiming these things and are not going to let anything get in your way.

It is often overwhelming as we move towards restoration, but when we fight for something so worthwhile, we are somehow able to muster up strength we do not even know we have. We would fight with every last ounce of ourselves for those we love.... love you because you are worth fighting for.

Slow the breathing down consciously. Count the breaths... 1.....2....3. Slow and easy. USe the tools you have learned about here and elsewhere. Distract yourself... sing at the top of your lungs. Dance. Concentrate on the distraction. Recite poetry or play Solitaire on the computer. These things will help the moment pass. And pass it will. I promise.

You are going to be okay. Remind yourself of this... often.

With all hope
reach

Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Really can anything be overcome ? I go for treatemt on the 13th but I dont think I can wait that long!!!! Please mail me back for you guys are all I have.
I am in desperate need right now

Old 03-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Hello mate...you chosen a brave but needy step to go in for 3 days. Linda,this will be a hard road but one sooo worthwhile....and you are very worth it. We are all here for you. Reach gave fantastic advice and I want you to really do the breathing as it will help calm you. It can be so overwhelming to make that first real concrete step towards sobreity and look towards a clean future but remember why you chose to so this now. Tell yourself why all the time.Its your driving force.
Have you been cutting down before the d-day arrives or has it been business as usual?
We are all here for you , friend ,and you will be OK. We are all addicts in different stages of mess so you're in the right place for the support! The thing is to work towards getting out of that mess...we're in it together.
Let us know how you're feeling now
love......CC

Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Thanks guys having a REALLY bad day thanks to Tommy. i am going to bed, dont know what else to do I will say my prayers for everyone

Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
(female)

crocheting HB User
Wink Re: Need help!

I sure hope you get a well deserved peaceful nights sleep friend. I am sadened that you are still not getting the emotional support you need from your partner. In my opinion, in a relationship when both people are useing and one starts the process to get clean, the other partner is sometimes threatened by this and scared. The reason I feel is they don't feel they personally have a problem with whatever there drug of choice is, and there partner getting clean makes them feel insecure in the restionship. They may feel as though there partner won't look at them the same anymore. That there partner is taking control of there life, and it makes them feel extremely insecure. Friend...I went through this myself years ago when I stopped drinking I also stopped smoking pot and doing meth. He may have handled this differently if he wasn't useing himself. Hopefully...you taking control back of your own life, will open his eyes, and he may want to make a change also. I feel for you friend, it is so painful to go through this process and the one you love seems to fight you every inch of the way! Focus on you right now 100%, you deserve this big time. When you feel strong enough with your recovery, right now it is very raw an emotional rollercoaster! Then maybe you can be a strengh for him to get clean, if that's what he wants to do! We are always here for you, your not alone in this. That is what I keep telling myself.
Stay strong, you deserve this. Crocheting

Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hi darlin' (crocheting) Thank you so much for your support. As you know I go for treatment on the 13th, I am scared. I have lost alot and am getting ready to yet again. Tommy is moving to Las Vegas at the end the month when our lease is up and I don't know what I am going to do. I never thought I would give my heart again after 26 years of marriage but alas I did! My credit sucks~I don't work because of my alcohol addiction~my tags are expired on my car, I SUCK!! I will concentrate on my recovery for I do not want to live like this any longer. I am finding I hate most men! I am a good person with a heart of gold and I would give anything for my family to be back together. I hope you are okay you have been on my mind and as always in my prayers. Just wanted to let you know I read your post and once again thank you for responding.
Linda

Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

NotPerky HB User

1Rod, I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at your "I SUCK" comment. Isn't that how we all feel when we look at the situation we find ourselves in? I find I let so many things go now....my hair, clothes, showering, bills, etc....I've lost weight because I guess my stomach is affected by the oxy...my personality has changed and I get snippy or offended by the littlest things....I can't WAIT to get back to normal.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
(female)

mindy1974 HB User

you are not a lost cause! i lost my home (everything in trash bags on the lawn) famlie stopped talking to me. lost my job. all my savings went into treatment. Oh and i lost my DOG! now that hurt! i walked into treatment broken to the core. there was a huge poster on the wall and it said 'sometimes we have to lose everything to gain everything" those words changed my life for ever. it get some much better. the best part is we discover we can live without the things we thought we could not live with out.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Thank you guys! I know we have all lost and i also lost my Irish setter of 14 years while in the midst of it all! My Maggie May~ had her since she was 8 weeks old! I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. A quote~I'll be happy when the light at the end of the tunnel is not the train!!! Hang on guys I am sure trying like there is no tomorrow! Let me know if any of you need to talk for I will be on for a bit.
Even though we have never met~I care so much!
As always,
1RODFAN

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Linda --it is these exact moments that we need to replay OVER and OVER in our heads to keep us clean. I could have just caved in earlier today and I didnt I have worked WAY to hard for a few hours of peace. I would like some sleep though! Just had some lunch and I had a half day of work which went pretty well. I will try and take a nap now. YA RIGHT. Prayers are with you. You will learn soooooo much in rehab. Your proverbial tool box will be full --you will have to go to LOWES!

D

Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
(female)

logalind HB User

1rodfan,
Babe I have been where you are so many times. All you need to remember is you don't need to use no matter what! I was such an addict I could only do 1 minute at a time, then I graducated to 2 minutes which lead to a whole day. Thats all we need to do is not use 1 day at a time. You can do it I have faith in you. Stay strong!!!! Stay until the miracle happens it happen to me it can happen to you.

Love ya,
Lori

Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Linda,

Just checking in with you to see how you are doing!!!! Been thinking about you!

XOXOXOOX

Old 03-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
(female)

1Rodfan HB User

Hey Secrets how u doing darlin? I am okay~I think! Thank you for thinking of me. I am thinking of detoxing myself for I dont know if I can wait any longer. I have had 10 beers today and it is taking a toll on me. Do you know what is in store for me? I cant do this anymore for it is only 6:20 pm and I have the whole night yet! I used to weigh 127 lbs but thanks to alcohol I have put on 30 lbs I know my health is at risk if I continue. Can this be done @ home? Please let me know your thoughts they would be most appreciated.

Thank u babe,
Linda

Closed Thread