It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
I fell yesterday....

Hey friends,

I wasn't around much yesterday as I was getting in my car to head to work and I slipped on the ice/snow.. I fell REALLY hard. Smashed my head on the ice and ended up half way under my car.. It was ugly. I went to work to try and deal with it... I lasted until noon but I was miserable.

SO I headed home. My husband wanted to take me to the ER because I was throwing up and we knew I had a concussion.. I was bruised all over and stiff and sore... Anyways.. I said no, I just wanted to lay down. I probably should have went but I knew that they would offer me pills and I am not strong enough yet after my relapse to turn them down... SO I suffered instead.. Kind of my punishment almost for relapsing.. I know that sounds rediculous but that is how I felt about it.

Today... my whole body is screaming.. My co worker is all snotty because I left early yesterday.. JUST NOT A GOOD DAY.. I just want to scream and leave but I have 9 long hours ahead of me..... I am feeling pretty despressed again and all I want to do is sleep.

I hope you guys are doing great!

XOXOX
Secrets

Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
(male)

dorskin HB User
Re: I fell yesterday....

Hey Secrets, sorry to hear about your fall. You should definitely go to the Dr though. Sounds like you may have a concussion and that is nothing to mess with. Could be nothing, could be something.....you just don't know.

Best thing to do is take your husband with you and have him be your rock. Have him watch out for you and make sure you don't ask for meds. I take my wife when I go for spinal injections so I don't ask for OC.

Hope you feel better
d

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

NotPerky HB User

Oh thank goodness -- you "fell" not "FELL" as in off-the-wagon! Though I'm sorry to hear about your noggin -- I've done that too and it is not fun. Congrats on not using it as a built-in excuse to get narcotics! Hope you feel better soon and thanks for checking in.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

TaCot HB User

Hey girl, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. But, glad to see your post. I have been so worried about you. So sorry to hear about your co-worker too. I know you are down right now, but we all love you!!! Thinking of you and giving you a huge hug, TaCot

Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Thanks guys! I appreciate your support.

I know.. it's stupid but I am down and out right now... I feel like just crawling into bed and sleeping the rest of the week away but that will not happen... I am so sick of feeling this way.... What a rollercoaster. Things were going so well.... Then BAM.... everything changed again. It just shows a person how powerful those pills are... It really does.

I hope you guys are all doing great today. i barely have the energy to send this post off... How pathetic is that?

Thinking of you all!
XOXOXOX

Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
(female)

crocheting HB User
Wink Re: I fell yesterday....

I am so happy to see you back! I sure missed ya lots, never the same over the weekend until Mon. When your back. How awful that you fell, you better get it checked out just to be safe. I hope your day gets better, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. So much has happened to you in the past few days, I am sure you feel extremely overwhelmed. You need to try and get some rest after work, I hope your day Flys by! You have always been so kind to EVERYONE on the boards no matter what choice they have made towards reaching there goal and I thank you for that! You always put others struggles and feelings before your own. As you know I am new here, and you have made me feel so welcome and comfortable. And never judged my choice in needing to tapper to 6 per day! I hope your not to hard on yourself, be as kind and understanding to yourself as you have been to EVERYONE on the boards you deserve it for sure. We are all here for you sweetie, I hope your cravings are few the rest of the day. Please take time to pamper yourself this week, it might make you feel better.
Lot's of love, to our den mom, Crocheting

Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
(female)

MvingForwrd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets1983 View Post
I probably should have went but I knew that they would offer me pills and I am not strong enough yet after my relapse to turn them down...
Hey Secrets,

I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I took a severe fall onto a concrete sidewalk back in December. At the time I was tapering off of vic and was almost there. I went to the doctor, and sure enough, she told me to take vic for a while until the pain got better. Well, I took the vic, and it did help me through it, and now I have to start my taper all over again.

I've spent a LOT of time beating myself up over this and blaming myself for being weak, even though it wasn't my fault. I was injured, and in terrible pain. Still, when you've fought so hard to get off the pills, it's hard not to beat up on yourself.

If you hit your head you MUST see a doctor. When I had my fall, I called my neurologist (my migraines started getting bad), and the first thing he said was "You didn't hit your head, did you?" You have to get checked out. I understand how badly you want to stay off the pills, but this is too serious to let go. If they try to give you pain meds, you can always refuse them. But you really should get examined. Please don't take any chances.

Kathy

Last edited by MvingForwrd; 03-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
(female)

MvingForwrd HB User

I should add that I agree with Dorskin about taking your husband along. If you don't feel that you're strong enough to refuse the meds, he can take the script for you and either hold onto it, or tear it up . .. whatever you feel is best. It ALWAYS helps to have someone with you to hold your hand and offer support.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Hello poppit...so very sorry to hear of your fall-sounds like it was a bad one. If you'd filmed it,I bet you coulda got some money off funey videos(lol). Just pulling your leg. It must be catching though this lark,cause I went to the store after work and fainted!! Came round to a circle of people standing over me. I was mortified...was all I could do to get up and out as quickly as possible.
You really shoulld get checked out properly if you've been sick though....and you shouldn't be at work. Can't you go home and look after yourself? I know its hard but just want to see you OK. You need a little TLC I feel.
Dont worry about your co-workers...just remember that you dont have to like them , just work with them. What they think isn't important...you're an awesome person and sod anyone who cant see that.
Its good to have you back,sweetie,.....missed ya yesterday. Funny how we worry about those who post most days.....if you miss a day,it gets me all concerned. Only cause I care.
Take care of yourself,mate,...if I was there I'd take you to the hospital myself.
Let me know how your days going,
CC xoxoxox

Old 03-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
(female)

carrara HB User

Secrets
<forget> your co workers, they are <not nice> if they are mad you left early. You have to got to the ER! if you hit the back of your head(and it sounds like you did) you may have more going on in there then you think. You NEED a Cat Scan. Really I can't stress this enough. Even in the UFC or pro. boxing they aren't allowed to hit the back of the head!!!!!! Please go now. Your head is more important then your co workers feelings Call your hubbie and go please. People have died from subdermal hemitoma SP? days after a blow to the head you can't mess around with head injuries, of any kind. I'm scarred for you. PLEASE GO!!!!!!!
Carrara

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Guys!

Wow, you guys sound just like my MOTHER!!! hahahaha She was freaked out yesterday that I did not go in to get a cat scan because apparently some guy just died because he fell backwards and hit his head on the ice... So... she freaked... I calmed her down told her I would be fine.... Well, now everyone on here is saying the same thing... I don't know what to do.. I have no money to pay my $5000 deductible, I know they will offer me pills and this addiction only you guys know about so I can't exactly tell my husband to have my pack unless I fess up to him which I cant imagine doing.

I don't know... Maybe I will see how I am after work and go from there... I really can't imagine leaving again early today...... I know that sounds ridiculous to you guys.... it's just hard to explain.

I swear I will be fine.. I just want to sleep..... I can't feel the pain then anyways.

Thanks for being so supportive. I will post more when I can... Sorry to not be around too much. I really do miss you...

CC.... YOU FAINTED AT THE STORE??? Maybe YOU need to go get checked out at the dr.... That does not sound good either!!! Now I am worried about you!!!!! Please take care of yourself! Miss you tons!
XOXOXOXO

Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

WOW --I missed alot today being off ==Secrets --I am very proud of you for making that decision, but if you were throwing up you probably should have gone to the ER. --YES MOM. Great job.

D

Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

HAHHAHA... Too funny... I know...

The back of my head is still pretty tender. What a stubborn young buck who thinks she knows too much huh? Yep.. sums me up pretty good.. I know i should have went in... I just think that maybe since everything is okay today... I should be fine? Maybe after work I should just have them give me a cat scan at urgent care and tell them I can handle the pain on my own?? Would I have the strenght though?? Man.... What do you guys think I should do?? Well, I don't think anyone really needs to reply because I know you all think I should have gotten it checked out.....

I will speak to my hubby.... I am leaning towards going now.... UGH....... TICK ME OFF....

Old 03-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Sweets......I know the money and work...what a pain. We all just care bout you and you just never know. Definately got a concussion if you've been sick. If you dont go make sure that someone is with you all night - dont go falling asleep on your own. I understand the work thing is hard...none of us are standing there in your shoes right now BUT at the end of the day a job is just that. You are worth so much more.
I know I should probably take my own advice and go get checked out...feel quite odd at times today. Still,easy for me what with good ole free NHS...Brit healthcare.
Let us know how you get on...you better log on as soon as you get to work tomorrow cause Im gonna be fretting about you all night , my good friend.
Stay safe
Love.........CC

Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey CC,

I will be fine friend! My husband woke me up like 100 times last night to check on me.. I was so mad but it was sweet... So I am sure he will do the same again tonight!!! I was leaning towards going in but now I think I am going to just go home and rest.. If I start to have any head pain that is bad or get dizzy... I will be sure to go in.

I am sorry you have not been feeling right either!! What is up with that? Maybe w/d???? Well, keep us updated on that.. I worry about you too... I swear... we are all just doing GREAT arent we!! hahahaha

Take care of yourself!
XOXOXOXOX

Closed Thread