It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: IS the shaking from withdrawals or something else?

D,

I am sorry to hear about the shaking... I would think the w/d stage should be over for you by now..... I am glad you are getting a full work up this week!!! And if the Dr. does not have the answers you are looking for then your plan of getting refferred to one that does is perfect.

I hope you are feeling better and that you get a restful day today with out all this darn shaking!

You hang in there and keep us posted please

Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

I shook pretty bad last night to the point of waking my wife up (again). It lasted about one hour. During the time, I tried different things - deep breaths, moving to different positions, changing my spine and neck to different positions, my wife told me to pray and I asked if I should be praying that she didn't kill me for waking her up and she said "yes!".

When I explained what I found out to my wife (since she was now awake) she agreed that it made sense (remember she's a nurse) and mentioned the drug clonazepam is prescribed for it. That was exactly one of the drugs that I had found as a treatment. Also, Magnesium and 5-HTP are supposed to help - I'm going to try them before I start another prescription. So, I have my bottle of Magnesium out to take before bed tonight and I'll see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed!!

CC - beat it with a stick until it goes away!! Thanks for the encouragement Secrets. Hope you're feeling better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

D...Im going to go and dig a tree up from the garden...that about the size stick I need. Hope I dont destroy the neighbourhood in the process. Let me know how the magnesuim goes...Id be very interested for future reference.
Have a good night mate
love CC xoxox

Closed Thread