It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

milksnake HB User
Music

Hello....yet another opiate addict to join the board and try to help, be helped, and listen. Off and on throughout the past 30 years I've been either drinkin, smokin, snortin, or firing up something. Had clean spells...some long, some short. Currently, I'm trying to get back off them nasty opiates. Last few days: 1 perc every 6 hrs......then 1 every 8 hrs. It's now 1:50pm. The last one was at 8 this morning. Withdrawls? Indeed, but tolerable so far. Might I make a suggestion. Music.....LOUD music. I been sitting in front of my computer just blasting the walls with music I like. You know something, I'll be dang if it aint working. Right now, as I type, AC/DC is screaming "you shook me all night long" Ha! I aint hurting!! Maybe not for all but if you like music, try it?

Well, I got loads of experience with this nasty addiction stuff. Been bent over the toilet, curled up in the fetus position, and felt my skin up and crawl off my body. Any body want to talk, I'll listen.

milksnake.....

Old 03-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lugar22 HB User
Re: Music

Hey mate and welcome. My thing is also opiates and Im VERY slowly heading in the right direction. Glad you're doing well with your taper -its good to do one that is at the right pace for you. I will try the music thing cause I do like to fling myself about a bit (I call it dancing) but maybe need some headphones first.
Glad the WDs are bearable...keep it going.
Good to meet ya....CC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread