It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

trailor HB User
to the dr tommorow

Well, I'm going to the Dr. in the afternoon to tell her exactly whats going on, hoping she can give me some answers. Hopefully there is another painkiller that will work for me that isn't narcotic? Wish me luck... Withdrawals weren't to bad today but I spent all day doing nothing. Pain seems to about the worst of it this time except that hot on top cold everywhere else feeling. Anyone else get that? My head is sweating but my feet are freezing! Still not to bad considering I'm only on day 4. Another question, does anyone go to NA? What is it like? I'm scared to go alone.

~Trailor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

Lugar22 HB User
Re: to the dr tommorow

Hey mate. Good to meet ya! Good choice fronting the dr and laying it all out there as they will be able to offer you another med if there is one avaliable to help. Yes,I understand the hot/cold thing - feels like your head is in the oven while your feet are in ice? Yep. Know that one well.
As to NA,well my sweet,Im in the same boat as you on that one. Its something that Ive been thinking about for a long time but havent been brave enough (as yet) to actually do it. From what most say though,its a really good support and everyone is very kind. I will try if you do. You first though....hahaha!
Hope all goes well tomorrow...let us know,eh?
love CC xoxoxox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
(female)

logalind HB User

You guys are too funny!!!! I go to NA and its great, wonderful support and lots of nice people.... Try it you'll like it.

Congrats on going to the doc you will finally be free of those awful things. I hope they can help you. I know it helped me finally find freedom.

Take Care and love you guys.

Lori

Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Ok,Trailor, <removed> I think that face to face meets are probably really good and Im going to try and get a babysitter and plunge in for my first one next week. How about you?
love....CC

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-09-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: do not discuss other forums

Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

GOOD FOR YOU for having the courage to go to your doctor and be honest with he/she! I think that is great!!!! Very proud of you!

As for NA.. I have never been but have always wanted to too. Chicken over here to BAK BAK.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

I tried going to one NA meeting a few weeks ago and when I showed up, I was the only one there. Disappointing, but I will eventually find one that people DO attend to go to. I think it will be good talking to people and asking questions. Everyone is scared the first time they attend.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
(female)

trailor HB User

Well, I went to the Dr. but honestly, she really didn't seem to take me very seriously. I mentioned methadone or suboxone, and she basically said she would just wean me off the narcotics. It's just weird, this is not my first time around. I've been clean for months at a time before but she only addressed the physical addiction, not really the mental one. Maybe thats a fight I have to fight alone (with you guys of course). It's not really the getting clean that scares me, it's the staying clean. I think I'll check into some NA meetings this week, just to see what they're all about. Thanks for the good vibes you guys, I appreciate and reciprocate.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Well, I am so proud of you for following thru and having the courage to go today! It sounds like your doctor was not very understanding but there are plenty of other Dr's out there that do. If you feel you need better care then go seek treatment elsewhere. Of course we are going to be here for you for the mental stuff but meetings are a GREAT idea!!!!

You should be proud of yourself for taking charge of your problem and moving forward! Keep on inspiring!

You will be in my thoughts!
XOXOX

Closed Thread