It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Tessa51 HB User
Recovery Can Happen

I was on this site 3 1/2 years ago when I was struggling to get clean from crack cocaine. I have been clean since that time. I went to rehab, work a 12 step program and am living happier than ever before. It can be done...you must be willing to work as hard at your recovery as you did getting/using your drugs. It's not easy in the beginning...but it gets better. It took me about 8-10 months to really grounded in recovery. It's been a blast. I now take summer vacations to the beach yearly with my recovery girlfriends. Weekend trips to the Mtn. for retreats. Just a couple of the things I get to do now that I couldn't do back when I was using.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Recovery Can Happen

Tessa

What a great post to read! Just great.

I am thrilled you have your life.. your real life... back again. Me, too. Smiles. Isn't it just fantastic to ENJOY daily living? Way to go.

Stay strong and happy.

God Bless
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa51 View Post
I was on this site 3 1/2 years ago when I was struggling to get clean from crack cocaine. I have been clean since that time. I went to rehab, work a 12 step program and am living happier than ever before. It can be done...you must be willing to work as hard at your recovery as you did getting/using your drugs. It's not easy in the beginning...but it gets better. It took me about 8-10 months to really grounded in recovery. It's been a blast. I now take summer vacations to the beach yearly with my recovery girlfriends. Weekend trips to the Mtn. for retreats. Just a couple of the things I get to do now that I couldn't do back when I was using.
I just had to quote your post. Just had to! It is soo friggen nice to read it! I dont have quite the same time of recovery (almost a year) that you do, but the promises are coming true for me too today! I love the promises. They help me to the next 24. Yay you!

Marilyn

Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #4
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

Mate...you have no idea how reassuring it is to read your post. Im a LONG way off from where you're at but maybe I can get there too. Its good to know it can get better.
Heres hoping
CC

Old 03-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Great post!

Thank you so much for sharing. I know this gives me GREAT inspiration and I am sure it will to a lot of others too.

May your blessings just keep coming and coming! You have earned then!

God Bless!

Closed Thread