It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
(male)

samuel66 HB User
home detox methadone

how to detox from methadone at home?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: home detox methadone

Hello Samuel

Welcome to the board.

Samuel, I think the best place to start would be the 2nd thread on this board titled, "Sample Home Detox." It is a good thread to print out and keep for review. It contains many helpful suggestions for beneficial things to take that will help during a detox, whether it be cold turkey or taper withdrawal.

I have never used Methadone, but I did detox from first Oxycodone and then Xanax. I withdrew at home and chose to do long, slow tapers. The things that helped me greatly were involving doctors, learning as much as I could about withdrawal symptoms and then learning how to counter them. During the tapers, I tried to make cuts of 10% each time and space the cuts 7-10 days apart. The spacing helped me regain balance before the next cut. I made a well-thought out plan before I started with the help of my doctors.

I wish you well and hope you return to post questions or relate how it is going for you.

Hoping all good results for you
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

wawang HB User

A way to repair the damage that methadone addiction creates and get the person off of methadone safely has been discovered. The solution to methadone detox is a full range of nutrients plus a special Cal-Mag formula of mixed calcium and magnesium together in a way that is highly usable by the body. This special formula non-drug formula acts as a natural sedative or relaxant, and helps the body repair the damage from the drug. A natural way to withdrawal from methadone should prepare the person for the next step of methadone detox and finish with a full rehab. No drugs would be needed in the detox and rehab because the cause of the pain would be treated effectively.

The Following User Says Thank You to wawang For This Useful Post:
jimmym321 (07-30-2012)
Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
(male)

samuel66 HB User

i hope you get this. i have never heard of anybody on a dose like me. i am prescribed 320mgs a day. as an addict, you know i take more. i am pretty much doing this cold turkey and taking klonidine to ease the pain.. not so though. i am on day 4 and in kindof a surreal hell. have been hooked on opiates for 25 yrs now and am finally sick of it controlling me. by the way i justed turned 34, i am a journeyman electrician on lay off status, so taking advantage of it and am going to quit this stuff. thanks for your help. please tell me what to get specifically. i am only an opiate chemist, not anything else. so its all foreign to me. whats the best? thank you for caring.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
(female)

elocini HB User

My dad gave me dolomite to help with detox. It is a fantastic source of cal-mag.

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-21-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
(male)

IainDonald HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel66 View Post
Heh my name is Iain i live in Glasgow Scotland, I`ve just recently detoxed myself off methadone at home been off it now for 2 months.
In my opinion a slow detox is best thats what worked for me and i also took it right down to what seemed at the time as a ridiculsely small amount of 3 ml but your mind is such a strong thing as long as your mind believes it`s getting something no matter how small it`s happy.
I also made sure that i set up a heap of positive support should i ever need to call upon it started up hobbies and activities that i enjoyed and that kept me busy because for me as soon as the boredom set in thats when my addict brain would turn against me.
Many people including some of my friends told me i was being foolish i would be wasting my time they believed that the only way to detox properly was to go into a treatment centre, i dissagreed i`ve done that before and it did`nt work probably because i was doing what other people believed recovery was about and not my own recovery program.
Try to remain positive be honest with yourself and most importantly be patient. It is possible if it was`nt i would`nt be sitting here in the library writing this, and believe me when i say that life will get better if you really want it to. People who manage to remain addiction free end up achieving more in life than people who have never had an addiction problem and that is a fact. The very best of luck with your journey through your recovery.
NEVER GIVE UP! NO MATTER WHAT!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

jenn1977 HB User
Thumbs up Re: home detox methadone

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel66 View Post
Hi! I just finished detoxing from methadone at home naturally w/out taking anything but a few occasional tylenol for the headaches. Do not eat red meats for a month. Eat tuna, salmon, chicken, other fish, and drink lots of fluids, especially water and gatorade. Take hot epsom salt baths. The epsom salt helps you sweat the lingering methadone quickly from your pores all over your body. It also helps with aching muscles and constipation. If you can, walk as much as possible. Exercise is very important. I lost 35lbs in 2 months and am still losing all that excess weight that methadone made me gain. You need a good mulitvitamin, omega 3 fish oil, extra iron, and b12 for energy. This is everything i did. If you read methadone detox sites, it prepares you to be in withdrawl for up to 6 months. I did it in 3 weeks. I gave up three weeks of my life and it was the best decision that i ever made. If i can do it, you can too. Please feel free to post if you have any questions or needs. Good Luck!!!!!jenn1977

The Following User Says Thank You to jenn1977 For This Useful Post:
jimmym321 (07-30-2012)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:46 AM   #8
(male)

IainDonald HB User

Heh jenn1977 my name is Iain and hail from a far far away well not that far away Glasgow Scotland.
That some cracking advise you can`t always believe what you read especially when it comes to each persons personal recovery each person`s different, i finshed with my own methadone detox over 2 and a half months ago and found that apart from 3 weeks of broken sleep i suffered no other ill affects, ok i`ve since had to try to understand a new way to feel my feelings and emotion`s due to me emotionally defrosting from drugs, but i know that none of these will kill me whereas drugs could quit easily do that.
If we pray to God for courage, do you think he just gives us it, or does he give us the oppertunity to be couragous, this is what i believe recovery to be an oppertunity.
Take Care. Iain.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #9
(male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn1977 View Post
Hi! I just finished detoxing from methadone at home naturally w/out taking anything but a few occasional tylenol for the headaches. Do not eat red meats for a month. Eat tuna, salmon, chicken, other fish, and drink lots of fluids, especially water and gatorade. Take hot epsom salt baths. The epsom salt helps you sweat the lingering methadone quickly from your pores all over your body. It also helps with aching muscles and constipation. If you can, walk as much as possible. Exercise is very important. I lost 35lbs in 2 months and am still losing all that excess weight that methadone made me gain. You need a good mulitvitamin, omega 3 fish oil, extra iron, and b12 for energy. This is everything i did. If you read methadone detox sites, it prepares you to be in withdrawl for up to 6 months. I did it in 3 weeks. I gave up three weeks of my life and it was the best decision that i ever made. If i can do it, you can too. Please feel free to post if you have any questions or needs. Good Luck!!!!!jenn1977
In jail I had a cell mate that came off methadone @ 190mg's cold turkey, never seen someone in so much pain

Closed Thread