It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

Wytt HB UserWytt HB UserWytt HB User
How to Stop Cold-Turkey Tramadol / Ultram

QUIT COLD-TURKEY TRAMADOL & ULTRAM -- IT IS NOT MYTH

I want to address one area of Tramadol / Ultram addiction that most post in general, do not recommend -- that is quitting cold-turkey.

I was having trouble finding a time table, advice, detox, etc. for this process, and often read of the low success rate of completely stopping this drug all together. I was taking up to 10, 50mg pills a day for over a year. The first disclaimer is this: I've read a lot about seizures with stopping this medication cold turkey. I have felt what can only be articulated as personified death, but no seizures. This is very serious, I'm not a doctor, I can only provide you with objective advice and try to detach my emotions from this extremely difficult experience.

I am on day 7. I have absolutely no need for tramadol -- not even a thought about it. When you make it through the first 3 days, you will hate this drug, you may even, like myself, call the online pharmacy that is based in South Dakota and then call the DEA (this was a bit excessive but I was writhing on the floor with "brain and lip zaps" and "sweats". But when you break it down, it is our fault for becoming addicted and abusing the drug. Yes, I started on the drug to relieve genuine pain, yes there should have been more information out there, but yes, we have addictive personalities and we have become dependent on a chemical that is so unnatural to our physiology and organism as a whole. In reality, I am to blame -- but it still felt good giving the online pharmacy hell when they solicited a call for a refill when my regularly scheduled $133 refill came and went without order.

That's that.

Number 1. Prepare yourself to go through symptoms where you truly wish a meteorite would crash through your roof and delivery an unorthodox death. No amount of words I can write, or you will read, will prepare you for the feeling. This is the physical aspect I felt: zaps in my brain and lips, chills, sweating, cold, sneezing, uncontrollable movement, a profound headache, and there is no comfortable position you will find. This is where you either throw in the towel and try to taper down, or you get off this chemical ASAP.

Number 2. Mind from body. I have my masters in film, not medicine, I do not know the medical vernacular of what decay and backlash happens to your body for the next 3 days. I do know how to fight it. First, mind and body are one -- but not now. You must, must, must, separate your pain from your mind. Through meditation (which will be filled with brain zaps, sneezing), try it, practice it. Drink tons of Vitaminwater XXX, the triple antioxidants (I know they say it is worthless) but it helped. Drink gallons of the stuff, pee every 10 minutes, you will be anyways. Get green tea, not the bags but the real stuff you just throw in hot water. Cut a lemon, drop it in there too. Drink it all, including the green tea stems. Walk around the block, now is a good time, it is very hot outside -- walk and sweat, drink your antioxidant vitamin water, separate your mind from your body. If you have support, the better for you, if not, you are not alone. Call someone you know and talk to them. Again, make separate your mind from body and make the conversation short and talk as if all is normal. You live with family, they see you, if they do not know, then you are sick with the flu. The lack of motivation and depression is horrible, it is the worst mountain to climb, but you must. Get up and do it, you just must, because you can, you really can. I'm not talking about plowing a field, I'm talking about cooking dinner, do it, get yourself a process to do, even for a short time, with all you have inside (which won't be much, but is more than you feel you've got).

3. Symptoms are Staying and I'm getting ******. Again, I've been taking Tramadol for over a year, up to 10 a day. When you suffer, you will (hopefully) NEVER want to touch this medicine again. It is a tortuous method, like being forced to smoke a pack of cigarettes at 11 years old so you'll never do it again. Hold that pain in your memory, because your withdrawal symptoms will slowly go away and be less potent; though, that seems like eternity. I no longer have "zaps", I awake in the morning feeling "normal", I have trouble getting motivated, but tea and coffee help. I do have to take an hour at times to vegetate, but then force myself up. Just keep flushing your body with liquids. I know a true medical professional will debunk this "flushing", but the point being is, keep your mind thinking it is purging a disease (which it slowly is regardless), and you will have moments of clarity, of how you were before Tramadol or Ultram. Those moments will expand. Look at old photos of yourself, I cried, life was beautiful then without the chemicals. This is a rebirth of sorts, think of it as a rare new perspective, and perhaps, reality.

4. There is an end. Cold-Turkeys, if you make it to day 3-4, you will curse Tramadol / Ultram to hell. What people are most concerned about is "when will it end? when will the withdrawal that is debilitating my life end?" I cannot find a definitive answer, and I can't even find anything other than the 3-5 days of tough symptoms. For me, it was 4 days of being part beast and composing myself at strategic moments. After that, I wish you remember this pain vividly, because then you will never be addicted to Tramadol again. I now am limited to an exhausted and depressed feeling in the mid-afternoon. This is fading slowly, too. What you need to know is this: IT ENDS. THERE IS AN END. I ALREADY FEEL IT. THE ADDICTION ENDS WITHIN DAYS VIA COLD-TURKEY, THE PAIN ENDS IN A WEEK'S TIME, NORMALCY, YOUR BODY'S NATURAL CHEMISTRY, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR SELF, THEY ALL WILL GLOW AGAIN.

5. Cold-Turkey Not for All. It is extremely difficult, but it is not impossible and if you flush or don't have the pills (or curse out your provider), then there is no other option. I swear though, if you can just make it past the first few days, push those moments of mindful clarity, you will win and never want to feel how you did again. Relapse is then as appealing and tempting a day trip to your local Department of Motor Vehicles.

6. Will Update. I did not proofread this, sorry if parts do not make sense, just want to provide support and encourage those who go for the cold-turkey route. I can help in my own quirky way. I'd like to expose these online med companies via a documentary -- but I'm afraid there are some benefits to these awful companies that I am not aware of; however, one for sure is not Tramadol.

If you are stopping all together, all at once, write and I may be able to help. I've been looking for long-term abusers, like myself, who stopped suddenly and there seems to be a void as the taper system is the safer way to go. However, if you want this disgusting chemical out of your body, you can handle a few days of pain in its most serious form, write here and I'll be checking in.

Wytt

Last edited by Wytt; 07-29-2009 at 09:47 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wytt:
HeyTrud (08-23-2011)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wytt For This Useful Post:
1tuffcookie (03-01-2012), blueoceans (06-23-2012), Danielt67 (10-01-2011), Livingstep (09-12-2012), stevienofish (09-12-2011), Unklala (09-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: How to Stop Cold-Turkey Tramadol / Ultram

What your suggesting can be very very dangerous and even deadly to someone that lives alone or by themselves. If you go cold turkey, have a seizure in the shower and fall and hit your head you could die for sure. Or have a seizure and fall down the stairs.

Some people will not just experience a week's worth of withdrawal symptoms but people that had depression before they started on Ultram (like I did) will have a revenge of suicidal depression and the person may just abadon hope with no pills left and kill themselves. I think it is amazing that you were able to go cold turkey from 500mg/day but I would never suggest that anyone do this.

brian

Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
(male)

Wytt HB UserWytt HB UserWytt HB User

Brian,

You are absolutely right. I've read a lot of about the seizures.

Again, I am only writing about my experience, and current experiences. If I made it sound like it has been easy and I'm in the clear then I am sending the wrong message; however, for some people, I know there is no other option than to go cold-turkey (as with myself).

I just want to be a voice, one of the only voices I've recently read, who can offer support for those who "fit" the criteria of trying cold-turkey. Though, as you mentioned, this can be very dangerous -- deadly, and I don't mean that to be an oversight to those considering their options to be Tramadol / Ultram free.

All I know from my experience is this: If you can make it through the horrendous withdrawal symptoms, it is enough to kill the addiction (at least it was for me). Now, about long-term anxiety and depression -- that, as you mentioned, is something I suggest should be helped by seeing a doctor with the proper medication -- Ultram / Tramadol IS NOT THE MEDICATION TO TREAT ANXIETY OR DEPRESSION. Resorting back to the drug to treat these debilitating diseases is not proper medical practice, it is not healthy, and after going through the hell I just did, I would rather die than take another Tramadol.

Everyone who reads these posts would agree in an ideal world we would check ourselves into a detox clinic / hospital and become clean the safest, most effective, and least painful way. Unfortunately that is not the situation I'm in. Taper if you can, it is safer in so many ways (I couldn't do it, just one little bad day destroyed my regiment). Cold Turkey, like myself was the best possible method under my circumstances -- but listen as Brian said: It can be and is very dangerous, resulting in seizures, which can lead to death.

Thanks Brian -- I know it's not ideal, it is not even safe as you said, but there needs to be a voice for this method of quitting.

Wytt

Last edited by Wytt; 07-30-2009 at 04:40 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wytt:
atlmomof2 (04-26-2011)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

I would NOT suggest that anyone try to quit CT off of this drug. It is extremely dangerous, especially if the user isn't educated about the potential risks involved in just stopping Tramadol.

Wytt, while it is great that you were able to CT off Tramadol without any of the life-threatening side effects, it is not something to be taken lightly. It worked for you, however if it didn't work for the next person, it could be a death sentence. Most drugs can be CT'd without any serious potential dangers - Tramadol is not one of them. I hope your recovery continues to go smooth. You have a delicate way of writing, which in my opinion, makes you approachable.

Welcome to the boards
Regards,
emsmom

Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
(male)

ablom HB User
Red face Re: How to Stop Cold-Turkey Tramadol / Ultram

<edited>, wytt..... thank god I'm not the only one that is going through this. ( i mean that in the nicest way ). OK I never showed any mercy to "crack heads", as i call them. my wife is asking me why I'm sweating and having goose bumps at the same time..... i didn't tell her that I'm quiting tremodol 50 mg. i take between 10 and 14 pills a day. for the last 2.5 yrs. I'm also on hydrocodone, 7.5 mg 150 pills every 20 days. ( for my cts ). today is the 3rd day of my sobriety, from tremodol. i first quit hydro's ct...... boom little withdraw for 4 days and I'm fine. now tremadol........ don't ask. I'm in bad shape, I'm dreaming and thinking about suicide ( never in my life have i ever been depressed, I'm the logical and emotional plier in my family, thus my wife keeps asking me whats wrong.... but the answerer will always be the same " nothing" ). i never showed any mercy for pill and drug addicts. the way i saw it was " you got on the meds/ drugs on your own will, you can get off the meds/drugs" i feel stupid writing this.... i mean <edited>!!!! my life is made... compared to other 3-4 billion people on earth. have good job, beautiful kids, wife, house, cars ect... and here i am.... sobbing to bunch of strangers about "MY withdraw symptoms". I'm sorry... but i am stupid, this is silly. but i would like to thank you wytt... at least I'm sure now that tremedol does have consequence THANKS WYTT

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-11-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
(male)

StrahanFan92 HB User

Great post man. You couldnt have explained it better. I too was taking about 500mg of tramadol a day, for over a year. I quit cold turkey. The withdrawal lasted a total of about 10 days, after which I really started to feel like myself again. Everything in your post is identical to what I went through. After a couple days of withdrawal, I absolutely hated the drug, and that made it much easier to stay off it.

Unfortunately, this is where the story gets ugly for me...

Three weeks ago, after being clean for over 8 months. I bought some tramadol online. I didnt take me long to get back up to about 400mg a day, maybe a week and I was back at a high dose. Two days ago I decided that I wasnt going to do this to myself again. I flushed the remaining 50 or so pills. Now I am in day 2, and all the old withdrawal symptoms are back. Wow I forgot how much I hate this drug. It is pure EVIL!!! I dont think I slept more than an hour last night, the skin crawling and the hot and cold sweats are driving me crazy. I am so disappointed in myself for letting this happen again. I am hating myself right now for flushing the pills, but at the same time I know that if I didnt, I would only be delaying this nightmare until next week. I only took them for 3 weeks and I am going through withdrawal again ;( I am just hoping that it is not for 10 days again like it was last time. Im hoping things will get better in a day or two, but I have a feeling Im in this for the long haul again....sigh.

Im glad I found this board though...it is helping me get through the day. Reading others withdrawal stories, spending the day typing, and helping others get through this, instead of dwelling on the symptoms all day long. You wouldnt think typing about the nightmare all day actually helps, but it does, because it keeps me busy.

Maybe it was good that I fell back into this, because now more than ever, I will not forget how much I hate Tramadol, and what it does to your body. If you ask me all opiates should be illegal. Pain can be treated in other ways, I dont care how much pain your in, there are other solutions than opiates. This is a growing problem in our country, and across the globe. More and more foreign companies are manufacturing these drugs and supplying them to anyone who wants. The scariest thing is that our own doctors think that this drug is safe, that it is none addictive and harmless to prescribe to anyone. Something needs to be done. We have enough problems with illegal drugs in this country, but Im starting to realize that the pharmaceutical drugs are even more dangerous, and much easier to obtain.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
(male)

StrahanFan92 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablom View Post
<edited>, wytt..... thank god I'm not the only one that is going through this. ( i mean that in the nicest way ). OK I never showed any mercy to "crack heads", as i call them. my wife is asking me why I'm sweating and having goose bumps at the same time..... i didn't tell her that I'm quiting tremodol 50 mg. i take between 10 and 14 pills a day. for the last 2.5 yrs. I'm also on hydrocodone, 7.5 mg 150 pills every 20 days. ( for my cts ). today is the 3rd day of my sobriety, from tremodol. i first quit hydro's ct...... boom little withdraw for 4 days and I'm fine. now tremadol........ don't ask. I'm in bad shape, I'm dreaming and thinking about suicide ( never in my life have i ever been depressed, I'm the logical and emotional plier in my family, thus my wife keeps asking me whats wrong.... but the answerer will always be the same " nothing" ). i never showed any mercy for pill and drug addicts. the way i saw it was " you got on the meds/ drugs on your own will, you can get off the meds/drugs" i feel stupid writing this.... i mean <edited>!!!! my life is made... compared to other 3-4 billion people on earth. have good job, beautiful kids, wife, house, cars ect... and here i am.... sobbing to bunch of strangers about "MY withdraw symptoms". I'm sorry... but i am stupid, this is silly. but i would like to thank you wytt... at least I'm sure now that tremedol does have consequence THANKS WYTT
Hey there, listen there are many of going through the same things. I had the same problem, about the same doses as yourself. I mixed tramadol and vicodin 5s together, because, well lets face it, the buzz is wayyyy better. If you read my earlier post youll see what Ive been through, and what I am now going through again.

GET THE SUICIDE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!!!! I promise you the symptons get better, and before you know it you will be feeling like your old self again. I have the same mentality as you, if you got yourself on drugs, then screw you its your problem, you get what you deserve. Keep telling yourself this and it will make you hate the pain meds even more, and hopefully keep you clean for good.

I didnt want to get into this, but a close family member of mine recently committed suicide, a member of my immediate family. The pain you will cause your family and loved ones for the rest of there lives is far worse than anything you think you are feeling now. I will never be the same person, nor will anyone else in my family. Hopefully this will get those thoughts out of your head!!! DONT EVEN THINK IT!!!! That is not an option!!!

I wake up every morning, and I go to sleep every night in tears. And I know I will for the rest of my life. Dont even think about doing something like this. I cry myseld to sleep every night, wishing I could have done something to stop her. Im a grown man, and I feel broken inside, and I always will be. I know you dont want that for your family.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
(female)

isabellwebb HB User

hello! i have been taking this pill for 4yrs. it has got me!!!!!! Im trying to quite today . I know its going to be so---------hard. I have been taking as many as 30 pills a day. Unthinkable hugh.Im so scared,I have tried before. I began thinking about killing my self. I have tried twice. everything seems to be ok when im high . I know its not. This is my last attempt to kick this, It can have me if I dont beat it this time. You are a complete stranger Im saying all this to . you dont know me........Im so-------scared I have no meds in me right noW!!!!!!! Maybe I should admit my self, but then Im afraid " what you ever need pain meds for something . What to do ???? Well i have to make my son lunch.

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-11-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: removed quote

The following user gives a hug of support to isabellwebb:
heatmoon (12-04-2011)
Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
(male)

daudi811 HB User

I'm on day 4 of quitting cold turkey, I tapered a little bit from 8-10 50mg pills a day (for almost 2 years). I got down to about 1-2 per day within 4 weeks (very fast I know, which is why I consider it more cold turkey than tapering).

Right now the w/d symptoms are still pretty bad - all physical. I'm sure I'm a little depressed and I feel a bit anxious - but I can handle it by occupying my time w/ other things. It's just the physical "weirdness" I feel - almost like I have a bad fever or something, but much much worse. I keep reading that by day 4-5 it gets better so I'm hoping I'm past the worst part, although it doesn't feel like it!!

I could easily get more, but I think I'm to that same point where I want nothing to do with them...ever. To me, tramadol=pain --- so I just think of it like that.

Good luck to anyone going through the same.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
(male)

Imnotstoopid HB User

I'm taking tramadol right now to get off Hydrocodone. I used to get by for 3 weeks with my hydrocodone RX and take tramadol the rest of the days until it was time to get my Hydrocodone refill. When I would start taking the Hydrocodone again, I would still have the "zap" type feelings in the head, from having taken the tramadol for over a week straight. I realized this was from the SSRI properties of tramadol. To prove this, I would take zoloft with the hydrocodone and the zap feelings would be gone. (25 mg zoloft per day for the 21 days on hydrocodone).

Now my plan is to stay on the tramadol and ween off after a month or so. I take about 300MG per day, and will not go over that. I am very aware with the tramadol that if you abuse it, you could have a seizure, and I'm not willing to risk that. I DON"T take zoloft WITH the tramadol, that would increase the likelihood of having a seizure. In fact, it's a very well know drug/drug interaction and tramdol and SSRI's should NEVER be used together.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
(female)

Pooderdog HB User

That is a very unsafe and even may be a deadly way to come off Tramadol or any other drug. You are fortunate to have lived through it but i don't know how.
You should be ashamed for recommending this method of detox to anyone. It could kill someone.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
(female)

beige138 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotstoopid View Post
I'm taking tramadol right now to get off Hydrocodone. I used to get by for 3 weeks with my hydrocodone RX and take tramadol the rest of the days until it was time to get my Hydrocodone refill. When I would start taking the Hydrocodone again, I would still have the "zap" type feelings in the head, from having taken the tramadol for over a week straight. I realized this was from the SSRI properties of tramadol. To prove this, I would take zoloft with the hydrocodone and the zap feelings would be gone. (25 mg zoloft per day for the 21 days on hydrocodone).

Now my plan is to stay on the tramadol and ween off after a month or so. I take about 300MG per day, and will not go over that. I am very aware with the tramadol that if you abuse it, you could have a seizure, and I'm not willing to risk that. I DON"T take zoloft WITH the tramadol, that would increase the likelihood of having a seizure. In fact, it's a very well know drug/drug interaction and tramdol and SSRI's should NEVER be used together.
I just want to warn you that using tramadol to get off hydrocodone is not a good idea, especially if you are not doing this with a doctor's guidance. My fiance was addicted to hydrocodone for 4 years, he quit that cold turkey for 3 weeks before he started taking tramadol. He was still going through psychological w/d and having physical manifestations of depression. At the beginning, he was taking 3 pills 2x a day. Now it's 2 1/2 yrs later and he goes through a 180 count bottle every 4 days, sometimes more if work was extra stressful), he's at 4x the maximum daily dose (according to the Poison Control Center when the ER dr called them last night). It's a real shame that many drs are under the impression that this medication does not cause addiction. It is true that it is non-narcotic, it does not contain any derivative of morphine. However this medication is a weak opioid, meaning it activates the same receptors in the brain as morphine, hydro, and heroin; but it not as much as they do. Because of this, tramadol has the potential to become addictive. There are now many warnings out there warning people who have a history of addiction to avoid this medication. My fiance had a seizure 2 weeks ago and last night due to tramadol. Yes, he is taking an exorbitant amount, and in all reality, it's a miracle he didn't have a seizure sooner. I don't want to give you or anyone else reading this that he had the seizure simply because he exceeding the daily maximum dose, and that this will apply to everyone, because it is not true. Everyone has a given threshold for seizures, and in the right conditions a seizure can occur. It is a known fact that tramadol can reduce an individual's seizure threshold even if they are following their prescription to a t. The ABSOLUTE WORST THING any person taking a significant amount (anything over what the prescription label says, even if it is by 1 pill) can do IS QUIT COLD TURKEY. Not only does taking this medication cause seizures, but the sudden lack of this medication can too. This medication has SNRI effects, meaning that it alters the amount of Serotonin and Norepinephrine (and to a lesser extent, GABA) in the brain. The sudden dramatic alteration of the levels in the brain can cause seizures. I know you said that you said that you will never take SSRIs with this medicaiton, and I want to caution you that excessive amounts of tramadol can have the same effect as a small amount + an SSRI. Too much Serotonin in the brain causes Serotonin Syndrome which can be deadly. You may benefit though from taking the Zoloft again once you are completely off the tramadol to help your brain readjust to the "normal" levels of Serotonin. An alternative I want to suggest to you is Suboxone. This medication is starting to become a more popular detox medication than methadone. Some people will need to be maintained on it for the rest of their lives (much like some methadone patients), but a good Suboxone program will have you on it for 3 weeks, with a taper every 7 days. This treatment combined with counseling (whether it be a certified addiction specialist or NA) will help you and anyone else tremendously.

As for my fiance, luckily he hasn't ended up with Serotonin Syndrome, and his liver is okay (for now). This second seizure has been a real wake-up call for him, especially since the ER dr told him that if it happens again, they will probably commit to an inpatient detox, and he is now no longer allowed to drive until he is off this medicaiton entirely. This pretty much took away his freedom, so at this point he has no choice but to quit. He had tried a suboxone program 2 weeks before his first seizure, but he stopped because he was still having w/d, probably because his tramadol intake was too high. I'm in school for substance abuse counseling, and I graduate next May. Unfortunately, school doesn't teach you how to deal with a loved one with an addiction, but I'm helping as much as I can. My bother is also an addict, i can tell you what he's addicted to b/c he's homeless. Coincidentally, my daughter is epileptic (my fiance isn't her biological father), so I know how to take care of people when they have seizures, but not everyone has that.

I wish you and everyone else good luck with recovery. It is possible, and you have the strength. :-)

Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
(female)

Pooderdog HB User

I only take 3 Tramadol a day for Fibro pain. That is all and I will never take more than that per day.
I add one lortab to the second daily dose.
I have read all about seratonin sydrome. I don't take and never will try any more antidressants. NO zoloft, etc... for me.
I got sick when I did try diff. ones.
Have a great day.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
(female)

Latifah77 HB User

Hi omg I decided to quit tramadol cold turkey if you like as of my own accord before reading your thoughts and experiences. first of all I have been taking tramadol slow release capsules at the dosage of 2 200mg tabs twice a day -that's 400mg a day for nine years now. and I decided that it was time to stop taking this awful sedating drug. I am on day three now of my cold turkey. and ok I do feel depressed and twitchy is the word that comes to mind. I have not experienced any seizures but this is probably due to the fact I take anti convulsant meds. The way I see it is that I have two options: in one hand I carry my disease and in the other my 30 pills a day. Hmmmmm which one is gonna kill me first. Well I can't control the lupus and other illnesses but I can control what meds I take. this tramadol painkiller is an addictive drug that doesn't even work with your body to try and heal you or ease your pain, it just sedates the part of your brain that acknowledges pain. Anyway back to my cold turkey wytt your words were of a great help to me and I hope to hear more about how you went on after your initial week of symptoms from hell. lol. I'm currently sneezing a lot which I find weird but the worst is the lack of motivation to do..... Well anything really but I'm determined to get through this and I know I can with patience and perserverance again. we are all old enough to know our own bodies and what we can and can't handle and I want tramadol outta my system asap. thanks for taking time out to read a snippet of my life issues God bless you!

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-27-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added punctuation

Old 04-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User

I took tramadol 200mg SR X 2 a day for about 6 years and just stopped cold turkey while titrating from 12.5 mcgr/hr patch up tp 2 X 5o mcgr/hr I did go through a hard time getting settled into using the patches it took a few months, but I had no idea that there was any risk going off the tramadol. I am sure my doctor new what he was doing but didn't mention anything. I have been of them on to Oxycontin then back to the patch so I have been through a lot. The patches have been about the best medication I have tried so I am ok on that for the present.
Allan.

Closed Thread