It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
A member to be remembered as they have passed away.

Hello Friends,

I am heartbroken to inform you that a member of this board has passed away. "mike s" has passed on. I don't when and i don't know how. I received a message in my PM under his name telling me this. I don't know who sent it.

I hope i don't get in trouble for sharing this....... Please say some prayers. That man fought a battle that was so strong..... but his heart was made of pure Gold.

May you all be well today!
XOXOXOX

Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: A member to be remembered as they have passed away.

Secrets,

Thank you for passing the message that one of our board friend's has passed away. I certainly hope there is no trouble in sharing this, as although I do not post on the same boards as mike, or you Secrets...I do recognize each of us here to have a special bond, and I feel sadness for this loosing this man.

It also made me realize how easy it would be to loose other's here, and never know. Prayers to the friends and family of mike s....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Mike

Rest in peace and warmth, Friend. I know those toes and feet were always cold from neuropathy.... may they be forever warm now.

reach

Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Unhappy Re: A member to be remembered as they have passed away.

Hi
I think I may have had a few conversations with Mike. Not sure if it is the same Mike or not.
I have to tell you that a few years ago on this very board, I rec'd a email/PM that a member passed away. As it turned out, that member sent the email/pm. I was the one to post of his "death" and that member set me up. I took a few hits from other members when he was discovered posting on another board about the "joke".
I realize that there are gosh aweful people out there. So, as you can imagine, reading this makes me a little gun shy. I am not callous to the fact that the disease of additction takes lives, trust me. It almost got me. Having said that, I hope you can trust the source of your information.

Marilyn

Old 08-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

I am so sorry to hear that Mike passed away. This is very sad news. I know he had a rough time this year and he had a tough battle that he was trying to win. His suffering is over and he can now rest in peace.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

I'm sorry to hear about Mike. Secrets, thank you for letting everyone know. That was great of you to allow us to remember him and post our thoughts.

emsmom

Closed Thread