It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

LeTrudge HB User
I'm so done with these Oxys! (5 days clean)

Hello, I am new here.

Today is the first day that I've gotten out of bed. I've been taking oxycontin for quite a while, huge doses every day, and I've finally had enough!!

I quit cold-turkey 5 days ago, and it's been the hardest 5 days of my life. The bathroom problems, the aches, the shivers, the goosebumps, the crushing depression... I felt like I was going to die. I even had a small episode where I think I may have had a fever-dream...

I DO have a doctors appointment Tuesday, and I will tell them everything. For now, though - I am relying on brute strength and hope.

My question is: Am I out of the woods, here?
I got up today, af5th day ter a few hours of sleep. Tried to eat, clean the house... took a bath and threw up a whole bunch, ha

This is the first time that I've really seen a glimpse of light. I think I can do this! I think I'm going to make it, and I'm so scared, excited, exhausted, nervous, surprised...

Just wondering if anybody out there has done this and can throw me some words of support. I have never felt so alone in my life. I can't believe how out of control I became and I'm ashamed.
But no more.

This is my 5th day of W/Ds - how much longer!?
Thank you so much for reading....

*I am SO done!!*

Old 09-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
Re: I'm so done with these Oxys! (5 days clean)

you are coming out of the woods right now. its getting better and it will only get better if you stay the course. you are out of the woods. be hopfull.

Last edited by mindy1974; 09-12-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

Hi there LeTrudge - welcome to the group. I would say that you are more than half way in the detox process, but it depends on how much you were taking and for how long. From everything that I've heard, 5 or so days for the major, "I wish I was dead" feeling to go away and 7-10 days before you feel 90% normal again. The next 10% takes a few months. Taking the leap to go cold turkey is a very big leap and you need to be commended for it!! I naively stopped from 60 mg of oxycodone a day and went though the worse time of my life, especially since I did not know what was happening. I ended up going back on the oxy and eventually taper off of it.

Stay busy! That is the best thing you can do and look at the sticky posts at the top of this forum to get some more info on a detox plan, even though you are most of the way through it. Stay up on the vitamins and get exercise. Your body will have to re-build its endorphine production again and that will take a while. If you have questions, this is the place to ask them. I know what you went through and all I can say is Great Job to be able to stick with it and get this far. Take everything slowly at first and start out with easy to digest, simple foods so you can get your strength back. Try walking for exercise and like I recommended, stay busy (I ended up vacuuming, cleaning the house and cooking dinner - my wife loved it!!). Good Luck in your recovery and I hope that you don't experience too many more w/d's. Keep us up to date on how you are doing.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. Things happen for a lot of reasons and sometimes can get out of control. Concentrate on moving your life forward and putting this [I]learning phase behind you. You still have a long way to go in the recovery process and what you are feeling right now is normal. I went through a whole slew of emotions and feelings during my withdrawals and I can look back now and realize that it was just part of the recovery process. You might want to consider going to a Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meeting in your area to talk with other people that went through what you are going through. It is nice to be able to pick up the phone and get an immediate answer you a question, but ask here as well so you can get a variety of helpful answers.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
(male)

Hdumpty HB User

Why were you taking oxycontin in the first place? From what you've written you are now running around keeping busy cleaning house. Were you suffering from pain? What about your pain now off Oxy?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
(female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User

does it really matter why he was taking it vs why he stopped? Pain or no pain...I have a very high pain levels...and i Quit cold...42 days clean, today...with the right diet and yoga (breathing thru pain cycles is helpful and lots of baths and topical pain creams) and keeping yourself busy is a sanity saver.

Maybe I am different...there is hope for me yet....Having Perm. Spinal Cord Stim Implanted on the 28th. Now If I was drug seeking...would i let them play god with me or prior to opiate theraphy had well over 100 injections (even in temple and neck, not once but alot of times...wow! forgot about orbital block...needle in eye..no pain meds... all woman baby)...I have a Perm Stim Implanted in brem stem running cervical zero thru cervical 3 or 4. I can change the way my pain feels..it is a sootheing warm water feeling...keep in mind that I am running volts thru my spine to brain...OMG! that is sick! and I am getting another in lumbar spine....side effect is orgasism....oh! poor me! I'll be at Wal-Mart...getting down with my bad self...lol

You guys are going to get sick of me...I cant work yet...so I am a pest...LOL

Peace,
Kim

Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
(female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User

Hang in there! It does get better...watch the calf and foot cramping..didnt hit me til this week..it is awul..still having tummy issues......methadone or rsd? after 42 days..i'd say RSD....so RSD is like detoxing? really neat....I dont know what is normal...Opiates are now hugged up with some other tramp and I am in the dark shivering for survival......Bad bad bad bad choice of drugs for anything over 30 days....
You keep cooking dinner for your wife and keep keeping ong....Lifes a garden...dig it!
Kim

Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

Congrats bro. Ive been there...and its funny the 'alone' feeling hey/ everyone i talk to says they feel so alone, like their friends dont understand them or dont want to talk to them or whatever...its just a lonely feeling. I combated that by going out for runs or walks and saying hi to strangers.

plus i knew the alone thing is just in the mind cause there are so many recovering addicts!

stick with it, its worth it! you'll thanks yourself man, and welcome, keep the posts comin, walk us through this...theres some who havnt gone through it and are curious of what to expect....thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Homie2011 (02-09-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

hows your progress?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

okay kim.....i want to hear more about that side affect. lol

Closed Thread