It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

xotchi HB User
suboxone and clonidine together?

So i just tapered down from a gram a day heroin habit and switched to suboxone. Took 3 tries over a week period cuz the subs kept backfiring n making me sicker. Just completing my 1st day of subs only but am going crazy of lack of sleep and still have mild w/d's after taking 16mgs in a 12hr period! Someone gave me clonidine (.1mg). I've taken it before in a medical detox, but never with subs. just took one to see if it'll help, but am wondering how the combination has been for others?

By the way, have been reading other posts about subs and just wanted to say that the 1st time i took em, did a 30 day detox and did a lot of physical activities the whole time- particularly the last 2 weeks. Came off them PERFECTLY. seriously, i felt no w/d's!!!

2nd experience with subs, tried maintenance for a year, but felt like i was just replacing addictions-sort off, since u dont get high off subs! tried tapering down and felt like the w/d's were nearly same as coming off dope(smoking).

Of course, i graduated to IV and IM, and am taking twice the amount of subs to come off than i did when i was just smoking. After reading so many other similar experiences, i am starting to wonder if i should just go to a medical detox again? more painfull, but much faster and cheaper!
last thing... i would highly suggest a 12 step program ;-)

Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User
Re: suboxone and clonidine together?

Hi xotchi. The drugs will eventually kill you, so stopping them should be your main goal. If you can get into a detox facility, they can treat you in a controlled environment and help you get off of the drug the fastest. Tapering down is the next best solution, but it takes time and dedication on your part. Sub is just as hard to detox off of as Oxy. Just take it slow and keep the goal of being drug free in your mind. You should seek out professional help. Not only is your body addicted, but your mind is also. You need to fix both to become clean and stay that way. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread