It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

lilyprincess HB User
sub withdrawal hit after 7 days

Hi...I used to be a member here about five years ago when I was trying to get off hydro. I ended up on Methadone for one year, then switched to suboxone for a year, then used hydro to get off sub, then used sub to get off hydro, then oxy to get off sub...etc. etc. It's been a merry-go-round for sure!

Anyway...I have been taking sub pretty consistently for the past six or sven months, with a few oxy binges here and there when I had kidney stones. I was strictly on sub, 8-12 mg a day, for the past month.

So...today is almost day 7 without it, and I'm not feeling too bad. The other times in the past year I've tried to quit without other opiate aid i have felt like dying, but I also had a terrible kidney infection that the suboxone seemed to mask the pain/discomfort of, and so I think my discomfort could have been due to the infection/stones rather than the sub withdrawal. Because a month ago I finally got the proper combination of antibiotics and got rid of the infection, passed the stones, and since quitting sub I don't near as bad as the last time(s) I tried to quit. I mean, the first couple days I was soooo tired...falling asleep sitting up, couldn't keep my eyes open, massive water retention in my legs/feet. the next couple days my legs ached and I felt totally irritable, wanted to scratch everyone's eyes out just for looking in my direction...but I figured it was PMS. Then the back ache/headache, which I attributed to working 15 hours a day in front of a computer (i work from home doing transcription). I always have insomnia, so staying up til dawn is nothing new for me! The only thing I thought might have been withdrawal was the *****ly hot flashes/cold chills that come and go in waves, but today they aren't so bad.

I've only had to take Ibuprofen twice today, and the horrible edema is starting to cease. I feel wiped out, but have steadily consumed caffeine and it's not too bad. I can honestly say I feel better today than I did yesterday. Is it really possible that the worst of it is over, and I am going to make it through this? It's the longest I've gone in years with no pills of any kind, so I'm just a little wary that maybe in three days some horrible withdrawal is going to hit, like it's lurking right around the corner waiting to jump out and get me just when I feel I've got it beat!! Maybe working all day every day just helped distract me enough that I didn't notice how bad I was really feeling...guess I can hope, right?

Anybody ever had sub withdrawal hit after 7 days? I guess with the half life it's possible, but my body is weird with opiates...my pain doctor gave me a UA once to make sure I was taking my oxy's and it showed up NEGATIVE...I'm like, dude, you have no

edited

idea how many of those I take a day! (well, I wanted to say that anyway...) I made him run the test twice, and it was negative both times. he thought I was "diverting" them and wouldn't prescribe to me anymore. So I tend to think my body doesn't hang on to chemicals very long.

anyway, sorry for the novel...I type for a living, so it's hard to make my fingers stop once I get rambling! any input is greatly appreciated! I just don't want to get all excited thinking I'm past the hard part and get hit by surprise!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-23-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
(male)

Tele52 HB User
Re: sub withdrawal hit after 7 days

Wow, that's great! Keep us posted. Actually, today is the 26th so how do you feel?

I take a little over 2 8mgs of sub a day. One 8mg around 6am and by dinner time 5pm I'm craving another one really bad. Been on them (and nothing else) for over 3 years now. Having a hard time cutting back. I look forward to that pm dose since my mood has gone down the drain by then.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
(male)

Jeremy2280 HB User

Good luck. I just went through a withdrawal nightmare from suboxone. I guess you could read my thread. I wish you the best but I just have to say....it saved my life but beware.....if you know you dont want to be on it for life....get off as soon as you can. The withdrawal HURTS. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
(male)

Jeremy2280 HB User

Hope your still ok lilly. It took my WD 5 days to hit me and when it did, it hit like a Mac truck. These people got me through it though. My last dose was the 11th and my WD didnt hit till the 16th. I jumped off a dangerously high dose but I had no choice. I looked at it like do or die. Anyways, I hope your good.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
(female)

starsunmoon HB User

hope you are doing well and still drug free !!! ~ Let us know how you are. It is hard, but SO worth it when your sober Then you can feel & see the real good' things in life

Closed Thread