It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

fate61 09 HB User
Suboxone withdrawal

Im also on day 8 of NO suboxone. I used suboxone for 1 1/.2 yrs. I jumped at 2mgs. HOLLY CRAP! No engery what so ever, I cant eat, because Im not hungry, Im not sleeping, the restless leggs and leg cramps are driving me up a wall.
I have heard people say that even after 60 days they are having withdraws. That just scares me to death....
Im taking hot baths, and trying to drink water, but no relief at all.....
Im also hoping that the worst of the withdraws are over..... But I really need the sleep....
Im gonna try melatonin for the sleep... I have read at of people are using it with sucess... Lets hope so... Keep me posted and I'll keep you posted!

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-15-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
(female)

fate61 09 HB User
Re: suboxone withdrawal

Today is now day 9..Yahooooooooooooooo
I went down and bought the Melatonone and the 5 hq? I was able to sleep off and on last night,.. This morning I feel a lot better then I have in days... I will not go see my "SUB" dr. for nothing! I would rather lay down and die first.... Reason being.....
I was on Vics for 2 1/2 yrs, and one day I woke up and said enough is enough.. On day 3 of having none I started feeling crapy, so I found this SUB DR. She convienced me that SUBOXONE was the only way to go,
She out right lied to me, saying I would have to be on suboxone for the rest of my life,,, She put me on 4mg forawhile and then wanted me to encrease my dosages to 24mgs. I asked her why increase it If Im ok on what Im on. She said, Now you need to be on a maintances dose.
That didnt sound right to me. I knew I didnt want to be on the suboxone for the rest of my life so I stopped going to her 11 months ago. I swear some of the damn Suboxone doctors are certified drug pushers them selves.............
She did give me 3 bottles of suboxone and for 11 months I weaned myself down to what I thought I could handle, then I just flushed almost a whole bottle of them down the sink and said Ok IM done!
Well let me tell you, if it wasnt for coming on here and reading these posts I would be going nuts......
This form has helped me greatly... SO today is day 9, Im doing so much better today.. I know I will have good days and bad days, but Im thankful for at least today.............................

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User
Re: Suboxone withdrawal

What a good story fatema97502. Thanks for sharing. I wonder about some of these doctors as well. When I told my PM doc I was taking the Percs only when I had pain, he told me, "Why suffer? Take them like I prescribed. What are you afraid of, that you'll get addicted?" Well, I didn't get addicted, but I went through horrible withdrawals getting off of them. 24 mg of suboxone is unbelievable!! You were smart enough to see the reality of it and got off of the drug. I wonder how many other people that doctor is treating that are on that high dose of sub?? Really makes you wonder.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Today is day 10... I had a hard night with those damn restless leggs again. I didnt sleep a frickin wink. Damn that just sucked! Hot flashes and sweats.. The melentone didnt do a damn thing e for me either.. My poor dogs just hate me this morning! I was up and down up and down all night. In and out of the hot tub like a crazy women. But I survived another night. Even tho I feel worse today again, ..
(It just seems like I can only have one half way good day at a time)
I have not missed one day of work through any of this... But Im lucky since I own my own buisness, I can go in and just sit, so that is good for me anyway. I don't know If I could work if I really had to...
Yesterday I felt good enough to go to town for a few hours.... Maybe by 9 am or so I'll feel better..... Its just my leggs feel like a ton of bricks and its hard to even lift them up. *ug*
My ex wants to come back, so maybe that was a reason I couldn't calm down last night too.... I don't know....... Long story short, he has never even touched a frinkin beer alone taken a pain pill for no damn reason!
He was so blind to my addiction, never once did he ever say anything about my pills in my purse.... He just figured I got them from my doctor, so I must need them... He knew what hell I went through with my knee surgery. OMG I will never ever have another ACL surgery. Cut my damn legg off pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Yes, I only went to 1 doctor, he was so good about handing out those damn vicodines, just like candy. He never once said, hey , you think you may be addicted to these? Nope he never did, he just kept refilling my RX every 2 weeks..... That lasted for 2 1/2 years.... I think I would still be on them if I had not of moved back to my home state. But once I got away from this doctor, my eyes opened up, and thats when I relized I had a problem with the,,,,,, Then I met my SUB DOC. Lets say I jumped out of one frying pan just to land into another frying pan..... F*&)king doctors!

Im just rambleing this morning I guess.
I keep praying for one good night of sleep! and when it comes I will be so happy.. Then I will know that I had to go through of all of this ****, to get where I''m at today!
Don't get me wrong, it's hell, but Im happy right now to be going through this hell without Vicodine or Subs!

<<<Watch your language on the Boards.>>>

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-16-2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Today is day 11. *****OMG*******
Since moving back to my home state I have not seen a primary doc. I have no insurance, so I guess the lunesta is out of the question for me.
But I could probably call my old doctor who was so good about giving me the vic's Im sure he would fax in a RX for me... Just a thought! My ex still lives thier and could go to the pharmacy and pick them up and then mail them to me... hummmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe maybe maybe.....
The most sleep Im getting is a 1/2 and the rest of the night Im up and down. My RLS pain is not as strong now but still a pain at night..
I wonder how many days a person can go without sleep before thier body just crashes?
I swear Im gonna turn into a fish! I was in the tub 3 times last night again, so at 3:00 am I said screw it and just got up....
I have always been a really good sleeper, boy do I ever dream about a half way good sleep! *lol* ummmmmmmmmmm looking forward to it!
The withdraws are easing off during the day, I think the Vit B is helping me alot for engery...

Im happy right now to be going through this hell without Vicodine or Subs! Everyday is getting easier as well.....

Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

Way to go! You are showing great strength and stamina! I wish I had access to a hot tub during my withdrawals. I ended up taking hot showers and just walking around the house until I couldn't physically walk anymore. Then I'd crash in bed and get a little sleep. Keep up the fight!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Thank God today is day 12 with no SUBS!
i finally got about 6 hours of much much needed sleep last night!
I had some trazadone from a long time ago, and I finally found them. So I took 75mg.. (They are 150mg tabs) I cut it into.
I feel so much better today, maybe I can actually get out today and do a little x-mass shopping done today... My RLS are not as bad today either, just a little sore, but nothing like they have been....

Im happy right now to be going through this hell without Vicodine or Subs! Everyday is getting easier as well.....

Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

AGAIN OMG! I can't believe today is day 13.. without the Subs..
I slept 7 hours last night with the help of the Trazadone I took.
My RLS has let go somewhat, so I'm feeling the best I have since I stopped taking the Subs....
Damn this has been a dark path that I choice to journey down, but I do see the light at the end!
Everyday is getting easier as well and everyday is a better day with out using my DOC or Subs!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

Withdrawals are meant to be remembered! The next time you are tempted with your DOC you will remember the hell that you went through!

Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

You are so right.. I hope I never forget the pain and Hell I have had to indure these past 13 days....
I can say for certain that this message board has been my savor.]
it is so comforting to come on here and scream, cry and share my story with everyone. and just knowing someone else knows what I'm going through. WOW such a big help for me.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
(female)

Blaze83 HB User
Re: suboxone withdrawal

GO GO GO Fate!!! you are doing GREAT! You can do this!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #12
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Day 14 and going strong! I had a real good day yesterday, went out and actually had a good time. God it's been 4 1/2 years since I did anything with out having any Vicodin or Subs..
WOW,
I hope I never for get the hell I have gone through!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #13
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Day 15. Im so proud of myself this morning.. These past 15 days have been both a blessing and a curse. So many days of pain, sleepness night. I came to believe that the WD's are ment to teach us a lesson. If thier where no WD's from our DOC, we would just continue on the same path. For myself the WD's where a blessing. I know I never want to go through them again. I just wish I would have never even started doing my doc.. The could of, would of, should of. I feel im a better person today then I was yesterday..
I have so much to be thankful for today.
Thank you all for the wonderful careing support that you have shown me. This message board has been my light at the end of a dark tunnel for me. Just knowing Im not a lone and that I have someone to cry to and share my deepest thoughts and fears with, I will be forever in your debit.
I love you all

Old 12-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

I'm so glad that you are doing better. Your mood seems to be much improved as well.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #15
(female)

fate61 09 HB User

Thanks Im doing so much better... Not so sick anymore..; DAng those WD's can really kick a person to the curb quickly...
I just know, that Im determind to stay clean, NO matter what it takes............

Today is my 16th day with any SUB's..

Anyday is a GOOD day without SUBS!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Closed Thread