It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

vrs HB User
Need support for withdrawal from Codeine/Tramadol

<ref: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=706195>

This is the most honnest and realistic website I visited about quitting Tramadol Cold Turkey. I have been suffering for different pains (migraine, shoulder pains, etc..) and have been taking this monster for a few years. Neeedless to go in detail about the side-effects: sexual life=0 or about, constipation, etc but the WORSE is when you want to come off the medication. I tried many times and different methods including tapper. Did not work for me. I decided to go Cold Turkey. All the withdrawal symptoms you all described are here and I can hardly walk. This is day 3 without Tramadol. Will keep you posted. Hang in there and thanks for all your comments and good suggestions

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-05-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
(male)

vrs HB User
Re: How to Stop Cold-Turkey Tramadol / Ultram

I was fascinated by reading your experience. I have used Codeine/Tramadol for various pains for over 15 years but this few last days, enough was enough. I had no more refill and I was tired to go from one MD to another MD/Pharmacy. I had to go cold turkey and this is day 4. I feel like pup. My legs hurt, constant diahrea, snizzing, no NRG, no desire to do anything but after I read your experience, I took courage and said "maybe I can do it too". Today monday Jan 4th was really hard at wake up (after some kind of forced sleep with Ambien CR). I am so tempted to ask a Dr for tappered method but on the other hand, my wife who has been my greatest support and best friend, said -- "you have done the most difficult, don't go for a fix". So this is my situation at this point. If you wish or can answer/communicate, I would really apppreciate.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-04-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
(male)

vrs HB User

emsmom;

Good morning, you said CT is not recommended. What other options are available ? Can you please let me know. Thanks much!

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-04-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

A good taper plan would be the best option to safely come off of this drug. I am speaking from experience on this. Even with a taper you will still have w/d but it can be safely done. This is something I greatly suggest.
Good luck.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hi vrs,

A taper will be your safest route. Start your own new thread and I'll give you some suggestions

Good luck,
emsmom

Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
(female)

Godis4u HB User
Re: Need support for withdrawal from Codeine/Tramadol

When I wanted to give up, and did not believe in myself, here is what I would sing:

"Breathe it in, breathe it out...listen to your heartbeat
there's a wonder in the here and now...it's right there in front of you
And I dont want you to miss...the miracle of the moment"

Hope it helps!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hello!

Just was checking in to see if you could give an update!!! Maybe you did but I missed it.... I hope you were able to taper because going cold turkey can give you siezures.

I hope you are still hanging in there!! Thinking of you!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
(male)

downIgo HB User

too bad you didn't start this before you decided to quit...but its not to late.
go to walmart or have someone go for you and buy for $25 this:

1) Emergen-C

2)Body Fortress super advanced whey protein, it has too many amino acids for me to list. take as directed.
I had NO withdrawals after two days. I was taking 60 tramadol pills a day...I take 25 now. and im going to quit tomorrow. And thats because iv been unable to get to a store and buy these things im telling you about. also Buy a bottle of melatonin. this is the chemical that is made when the body is ready for sleep. The Tramadol will stop the P gland from producing the chemical. and you wont sleep.

you have been depleted from alot of B6, vit C and other types of amino's is why you feel hard side effects when dropping this medication...you don't have to trust me but this information has been battle tested and proven. I guess thats why i can keep going back, because is so easy for me to get off.
everyone is different and it may only help you a little. But you should try it.Bill

Last edited by downIgo; 09-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Wow. I had no idea that Tramadol could be addictive. I was prescribed this when I went to the hospital a few weeks ago for severe shoulder pain. I have had to take it every day. I am terrified that I may now be addicted. Why didn't the doctors or the pharmacy tell me about this?????

Old 10-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
(male)

Peyton17 HB User

You need to talk to a doctor. My friend had a back surgery and became addicted to Hydrocodone. They give you pretty much a taper dose of Hydrocodone, similar to nicotene gum. Cold Turkey is not good. Withdrawal can seriously impair your neuron's abilities to fire in sequence, and can lead to bad things happening. You can do this!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
(female)

Striving4Me HB User

Hi, I just came accross your post and was wondering how you're doing/feeling? I was on Tram for 5 years. I started taking them for a back injury and became completely addicted to them. In my down spiral I topped off at taking 14 - 16 per day just to function. I was completely disgusted with myself the day I finally said I was done, I went cold turkey and never went back , I can only wonder how in the hell I did it on my own, it probably wasn't the best idea looking back, I could have died. I know it was my faith in God and my prayers that got me through that nightmare.

Please let me know how you are doing and if I can offer you and advice or help let me know ....?? I know alot helpful info and safe meds and remedies etc; to get you through this if cold turkey is the way you are choosing to go.

If you are having severe WD, heart palpatations etc; I strongly encourage you to see an MD through this.

Just keep holding on, don't let go!
It will pass , I promise

Strive <3

Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
(male)

downIgo HB User

Well... I'd like to thank you for asking. I'm doing fine, I'm off of ultram and feel good. The only withdrawal I have now is I'm just unable to sleep at night. My melatonin makes me extremely tired but I just can't sleep. Other than that I feel pretty good. I will not go back to ultram again. That is one evil drug.
Bill...

Closed Thread