It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
(male)

kingpenguin HB User
Lightbulb Suboxone (pros/cons)?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hi all,

I'll try to keep this short and straight to the point, but there is sooooo much to say. The main objective of this post is to bring attention to the REAL affects, whether good or bad, of Suboxone when used to treat opiate addiction.

Most of the time, on threads similar to this, people see it necessary to Google the subject and then paraphrase the "clinical reports" dispersed by the pharmaceutical companies and clinics.....prospering from our "habits."

We all know what the literature says, but I have more interest in what YOU have to say! Although my academic career revolves around the aforementioned "clinical reports," actual life experiences are far more telling than the "numbers."

Ok......here's the point....I have been taking Suboxone for almost 18 months and I am beginning to wonder if the daily exhaustion, inexistent desire to do anything, severe stomach issues, depression, and SIMILAR W/D SYMPTOMS as the prescription opiates after Suboxone is worth it!! It almost seems like I would be better off using the oxy - at least I would enjoy some things, and when I wanted to quit, I know I would come around after a few days - not weeks!!!!!

Please....I know you are out there, going through and thinking the same thing, share your story! How has your experience with Suboxone been? What symptoms have you encountered? Do you think you would have been better off just dealing with the opiate w/ds? With regard to symptoms - has anyone had reoccurring constipation, cramps, and blood in stools???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: Suboxone (pros/cons)?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey Kingpenguin,

I was really hoping that there would be some responses to this thread as I am currently trying to learn more about this medication right now myself. Could you possibly make a pro's/con's list and share it? Obviously, you have listed some cons already and they don't sound like very much fun but if you could give more detail that would be great.

Maybe your dosing is not correct and that is why you are having these issues? A close friend of mine swears by this drug as a life saver so maybe your dr. needs to make some changes for you? Again, I don't know much about this drug accept that it takes away the obsession of pills and stops the cravings which right now seem to be giving me a run for my money so the suboxone sounds pretty good right about now but the most important thing right now in my life is starting a family with my husband so I don't know if taking the medication would even be possible at this point.

I thought I would post on this thread to bring it back up to the top of the page to see if we could get some replies and also to ask if you could elaborate more on your experience.

Take care!

Closed Thread