It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
(male)

mzbj HB User
Question 7 day suboxone treatment???

What kind of withdrawals should I expect? I have been snorting 120-160mg of oxycontin. Have been using daily for about a year. Didn't start by using that amount of course, but it has gotten to the point that I need 120mg spread out over the day just to feel normal. I started taking suboxone yesterday. 8mg took away the withdrawals. I waited 23 hours before my first dose. It was about 4pm. This morning, I took another 2mg. If necessary, I will take another 2mg this evening. I have read many horror stories of people being addicted to suboxone. Most of what I have been able to find on the subject deals with long term use. Can I use it short term just to ease the withdrawals? Does it work like that? Can I wean off of it in a matter of a week and be okay? I realize all of the reasons why people take it for long periods-to change their lifestyle, habits, etc; but, I want to know if anyone has had success with a short term use of suboxone. Am I just delaying the withdrawals? Thank you in advance to anyone that acts as "the good samaritan" and helps me by responding.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
(male)

mzbj HB User
Re: 7 day suboxone treatment???

Today is day 3. Yesterday I made it through on the 2mg dose I took in the morning. Didnt sleep well though. Took Tylenol PM and valerian root b4 going to bed. This morning, I split an 8mg sub into 4 parts. it didnt break very evenly. I took the largest piece since my cravings for oc were pretty strong. I feel better now at noon. I go back to work today for the first time without oc. I am not going to take additional sub to work so I won't be taking any more today. Plan on taking the next largest piece tomorrow with the smallest piece being taken on Thursday. I want to jump off of the subs soon but dont know if it will be this week or next.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
(male)

mzbj HB User
Re: 7 day suboxone treatment???

ok its day 4 on subs. took 1mg at about noon. wanted to wait til tomorrow but feeling crappy. not withdrawals but just blah. i hope i dont need more today but I still feel about the same. From my estimations, mathmatically, I should have over 4mg in my system as we speak. If that amount worked the first day, theorhetically, I should be ok. I hope I am strong enough to do this quickly. I am starting to wonder.

Closed Thread