It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

stillhopeful77 HB User
Anyone quit methadone cold turkey?

I was on 130mgs of methadone and I am now on day 15 without it. I have taken xanax and Klonopin and phenergan to help me sleep, even Benadryl helped to a point. I was taking loratab for the pain and then darvacet and was wondering if I'm still going thru the methadone withdrawls or is it because of the other. Today is day 3 without anything but klonopin. If anyone has any knowledge or advice I would appreciate it. I just don't know how long this is going to last, I'm so tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
(female)

jenn1977 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Anyone quit methadone cold turkey?

I am so happy u are still hopeful. I am almost a month in a half without it. I was also going through severe xanax withdrawls. Darvacet is so bad to take while on or detoxing from methadone. Also, xanax and methadone have a sometimes lethal combination together. I detoxed at 10 mgs to nothing in a month. I did it completely with nothing but tylenol. To be honest with you, you arent going to get much if any sleep for awhile. I would recommend not taking the klonopin to avoid developing another addiction. I am so glad you arent taking the xanax. I know that took some of the "edge" off, but you made a great decision. As soon as you can take hot baths in epsom salt. Also take vitamin c, b12, omega 3 fish oil, and a good daily multivitamin. The epsom salt baths will help you sweat the methadone out of your pores more quickly. It really works. <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-23-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread