It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

sallycat22 HB User
I take zopiclone during the day

I have been taking zopiclone for 15 years for insomnia. The last 5-6 years I have been taking it during the day. I like the euphoria and it used to give me energy and just felt nice. I am now taking up to 6-7 tablets a day and having a hard time getting them when I run out. Has anyone had a similar problem? They barely work now because I take so many. The thought of running out terrifies me and when I am out, I search through my house constantly looking to see if I dropped one in the carpet, etc....I just want to get off of them, I'm so tired of lying and getting them through questionable sources. I feel like a junkie

Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Re: I take zopiclone during the day

If I were you, I'd check out the various drug rehab facilities in your area. You might want to check yourself in at one if you think it is serious enough. Also, many psychiatrists and therapists offer help for prescription drug addictions. You might try that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Hi, I tapered and now am off of percocet and the side effects aren't too bad right now. I took my last 1/4 pill at 8 pm last night. I know how you feel about the fear of running out. I was like that with my percocet for 7 years. When you're ready, you will quit. I called my doc and said not to give me anymore narcoticx. Huge for me. I would count and recount them the last 2 weeks of every month. I too worked up a resistance. I started with 5 mg and went up to 15 mg every 5 hours for. Plus I would take extra to get high. I loved the euphoria as you mentioned. The Thomas recipe for cold turkey detox helped me alot and L-tyrosene. I also take magnesium and a slew of other vitamins. I am taking aleve and trams for a few days to get me through this. I have never got high on the trams. I felt really bad about myself for being a "junkie", I had a legitamate reason to take the percs, but i didn't need to take as many as i was. I only felt normal when i was high on them. I tapered for a few days and now I'm off of them. But you can do it cold turkey. Just make sure your doc knows or check online. It may be dangerous to stop cold turkey. You are doing great. Choose to be clean, don't feel like you have to be clean because you are so afraid. I hope you make it. keep posting or start a blog.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Is this the generic of Ambien? What dosage are those 6-7 pills?

If so, do you remember your days?

I've taken ambien off and on for insominia. Probably in the past year at a rate of about 2 nights a week on average. If I stay up after I've taken the pill, I do not remember a big chunk of what I did during that time. It's not frightening, crazy type stuff. I do normal things, just going on with my life. But for instance, I might get up and see that the dishes are washed in the dish rack and I didn't remember that I'd decided to do a quick clean up before hitting the sack.

If I have the right drug in mind, I'd suggest getting help getting off. If you can do a taper down on your own, it would be better than cutting yourself off. But in the quantities you are taking, it might be dangerous to cut back very quickly, especially if you are talking 10mg. pills.

Good luck.

Closed Thread