It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Addiction & Recovery Message Board


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #31
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Yes! It does help! Thank you.....I'm feeling hiopeful for Thursday..... thanks!

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-10-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

 
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
Junior Member
(female)
 
blambert57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
blambert57 HB User
Re: need a success story

You're welcome. Please let me know how you are doing on Thursday or even Tuesday and Wednesday after you have taken your last pills. I'll keep you in my prayers as I have been there done that. Blessings......

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #33
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Thank you! And I will post soon.....need all the support I can get, especially since you've been through this before

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-10-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

 
Old 10-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #34
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by blambert57 View Post
I'm here every evening.
Hi,
My doc called this afternoon to confirm my Thursday morning appt. To start Sub.....he reminded me that I cannot take any opiates after tonight and I am sooo scared......I'm already thinking up excuses in my head of why I cannot do that....I need some advice.....uugg

 
Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #35
Junior Member
(female)
 
blambert57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
blambert57 HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by needshelpchris View Post
Hi,
My doc called this afternoon to confirm my Thursday morning appt. To start Sub.....he reminded me that I cannot take any opiates after tonight and I am sooo scared......I'm already thinking up excuses in my head of why I cannot do that....I need some advice.....uugg
Don't be scared...you can get through this. I know this because I did it and you can too. You may be uncomfortable but joy comes in the morning...Thursday morning. Just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary. That's what I did. And look for the silver lining when you are no more a slave to your opiates. As the hours go by just keep reminding yourself where you have been, and where you want to be. You will be in my prayers.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-12-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: moved posts to a this thread

 
Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #36
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by blambert57 View Post
Don't be scared...you can get through this. I know this because I did it and you can too. You may be uncomfortable but joy comes in the morning...Thursday morning. Just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary. That's what I did. And look for the silver lining when you are no more a slave to your opiates. As the hours go by just keep reminding yourself where you have been, and where you want to be. You will be in my prayers.
I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a close friend that I've had for 7 years......is it possible to relapse while on Suboxone? I guess I will be at the doctors for a couple of hours while they watch and adjust my dose.....what questions should I ask? I'm really worried that ill never have that "euphoric" feeling the pills have given me all these years ever again....I know I sound sooo foolish....but I'm just nervous.....

 
Old 10-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #37
Junior Member
(female)
 
blambert57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
blambert57 HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by needshelpchris View Post
I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a close friend that I've had for 7 years......is it possible to relapse while on Suboxone? I guess I will be at the doctors for a couple of hours while they watch and adjust my dose.....what questions should I ask? I'm really worried that ill never have that "euphoric" feeling the pills have given me all these years ever again....I know I sound sooo foolish....but I'm just nervous.....
Sweet girl, I totally understand that. They do become our friend, don't they? But they are not a good friend. Of course you liked that high...but do you really still like it? Do you like what goes along with it? You could relapse on Sub I guess but I have heard if you take an opiate while on Sub you won't feel the high and that is the real reason we used, right? I did anyway. You so not sound foolish at all. Your feelings are understandable. I really think that once you are on the Sub you will understand while we are all still on it and how it saved our lives. Mine anyway. I don't know any questions to ask your doctor...he will watch you for awhile to make sure you are doing OK. I really think you will like Sub. You won't haved that "fog" anymore. You will feel clear headed. You will be able to get on with your life. I hope I've helped.

 
Old 10-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #38
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by blambert57 View Post
Sweet girl, I totally understand that. They do become our friend, don't they? But they are not a good friend. Of course you liked that high...but do you really still like it? Do you like what goes along with it? You could relapse on Sub I guess but I have heard if you take an opiate while on Sub you won't feel the high and that is the real reason we used, right? I did anyway. You so not sound foolish at all. Your feelings are understandable. I really think that once you are on the Sub you will understand while we are all still on it and how it saved our lives. Mine anyway. I don't know any questions to ask your doctor...he will watch you for awhile to make sure you are doing OK. I really think you will like Sub. You won't haved that "fog" anymore. You will feel clear headed. You will be able to get on with your life. I hope I've helped.
Yes, you have helped! I've been extra tearful today. I guess you're right, I really don't know what life feels like not being "in a fog."Tomorrow will be tough.....withdreawals are gonna suck!I've been prescribrd xanax to get me through tomorrow.....I really don't know what top expect.....I may need some coaching tomorrow....thank you for all your support.....Christine

 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #39
Junior Member
(female)
 
blambert57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
blambert57 HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by needshelpchris View Post
Yes, you have helped! I've been extra tearful today. I guess you're right, I really don't know what life feels like not being "in a fog."Tomorrow will be tough.....withdreawals are gonna suck!I've been prescribrd xanax to get me through tomorrow.....I really don't know what top expect.....I may need some coaching tomorrow....thank you for all your support.....Christine

You are lucky that you have Xanax. If I had that I would have done a whole lot better. It was the anxiety that got me the most. But....I made it and you will too! I will check back tomorrow to check on you. Hang in there...you will feel alot better once Thursday gets here. I know it seems like forever but it will be a short time considering the benefits of sticking it out. My prayers are with you tonight....

 
Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #40
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: need a success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by blambert57 View Post
You are lucky that you have Xanax. If I had that I would have done a whole lot better. It was the anxiety that got me the most. But....I made it and you will too! I will check back tomorrow to check on you. Hang in there...you will feel alot better once Thursday gets here. I know it seems like forever but it will be a short time considering the benefits of sticking it out. My prayers are with you tonight....
Thank you! I need all the prayers I can get

 
Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #41
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 259
musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User
Re: needing help

The suboxone is going to work. Actually your doctor seems to be taking you off the vicodin a little longer than necessary. You would have no problems taking your morning dose tommorow and then waiting for 24 hours to introduce suboxone. I actually only waited 14 hours and I had no issues with the suboxone induction, but you must follow your doctors wishes.

I was on about 60-80 mgs a day of oxy or hydro. I started at 2 mgs and it took away every physical withdrawal symptom I had with in 15 minutes. I was at 6mgs a day for only 4 days and then I went down to 2mgs. It is going to work wonders. You will feel "normal" and no longer dope sick. I definitely had a minor buzz from it thr first few doses, but it was not the euphoric warmth opiates have.

I was on it for 6 months and I was down to 1-1.5mgs a day. Its half life is very long so I only had to dose 2x a day. For me, I had absolutely no cravings for any opiates and as I said, I just felt "normal"

You must use it appropriately. Less is more, so after a few days you really need to get your dose as low as possible, ideally no more than 2mgs. At that point, you need to ween off and do it slow and methodical and from what I gather, withdrawals will be minimal.

For me, I had a relapse when I came off it last month. I say this not discourage you because it could have been avoided. But in addition the weaning, you MUST MUST MUST address the mental aspects of your addiction and really focus on that and take care of yourself mentally. This is where I dropped the ball and I am fully confident had I taken better care of myself I wouldn;t have relapsed. I cold turkeyed from my relapse 5 days ago, but yesterday I had to go back on my percocet because I am in a precarious situation of losing my job if I call in sick again. I have vacation starting next Wednesday and decided to be safe, it would be better to take my relatively low dose of percocet until I am off 2 weeks. So my plan is to cold turkey from the percs again next Friday when I do not have to worry about the extra stress from work.

I am not going to go back on suboxone because I want to be completely drug free at this point. But as I said, use the subs the way I explained to you and you will be very successful. I am extremely confident that I will be fine after my inital 3-5 days of the cold turkey next week so that is why I am not going to go back on the subs again

Good luck! You are gonna feel quite crappy today. Drink fluids, take your xanax and just get to your appointment and you will see the wonder of suboxone!!

 
Old 10-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,386
reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: needing help

Hello Chris

WOW, I disappear for a day and your thread has so much action! Chuckles. It is good to see the continued posts from you and the helpful information presented by others. We do all really, really care what happens for you, Chris.

The decision has been made to go the sub route. Good for you for making a decision. We can not move forward without a plan of action put into place. Chris, the withdrawal piece of the plan is in place; now is the time to also put into place the piece of the plan that will guide you into sober thinking. Whether it be meetings or private counseling, please exert some effort into thinking how to handle the support needed to help us understand why we abused the drugs and why we do not want to ever follow that path again. As addicts, we taught ourselves how to cope with life with drugs. Time to learn new coping strategies and have them become an ingrained reflex in our reations to what life brings. It is a time of learning about our self. A time to understand what makes us tick. Actually, Chris, it can be such an exciting time for us of discovery, correction and evaluating our good points and bad. Don't be afraid of all of this! It is a good thing.

I hope today passes quickly. The Xanax will certainly help. Breath deeply and slowly when symptoms arise. Truly, the symptoms will not kill us in opiate withdrawal, although at times it can feel like it.

You have been so brave to tackle this issue and ridding yourself of the stranglehold of the drug. Stay brave and strong. We are all here to hold you up as we walk beside you.

In my thoughts
reach

 
Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #43
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: needing help

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman3 View Post
The suboxone is going to work. Actually your doctor seems to be taking you off the vicodin a little longer than necessary. You would have no problems taking your morning dose tommorow and then waiting for 24 hours to introduce suboxone. I actually only waited 14 hours and I had no issues with the suboxone induction, but you must follow your doctors wishes.

I was on about 60-80 mgs a day of oxy or hydro. I started at 2 mgs and it took away every physical withdrawal symptom I had with in 15 minutes. I was at 6mgs a day for only 4 days and then I went down to 2mgs. It is going to work wonders. You will feel "normal" and no longer dope sick. I definitely had a minor buzz from it thr first few doses, but it was not the euphoric warmth opiates have.

I was on it for 6 months and I was down to 1-1.5mgs a day. Its half life is very long so I only had to dose 2x a day. For me, I had absolutely no cravings for any opiates and as I said, I just felt "normal"

You must use it appropriately. Less is more, so after a few days you really need to get your dose as low as possible, ideally no more than 2mgs. At that point, you need to ween off and do it slow and methodical and from what I gather, withdrawals will be minimal.

For me, I had a relapse when I came off it last month. I say this not discourage you because it could have been avoided. But in addition the weaning, you MUST MUST MUST address the mental aspects of your addiction and really focus on that and take care of yourself mentally. This is where I dropped the ball and I am fully confident had I taken better care of myself I wouldn;t have relapsed. I cold turkeyed from my relapse 5 days ago, but yesterday I had to go back on my percocet because I am in a precarious situation of losing my job if I call in sick again. I have vacation starting next Wednesday and decided to be safe, it would be better to take my relatively low dose of percocet until I am off 2 weeks. So my plan is to cold turkey from the percs again next Friday when I do not have to worry about the extra stress from work.

I am not going to go back on suboxone because I want to be completely drug free at this point. But as I said, use the subs the way I explained to you and you will be very successful. I am extremely confident that I will be fine after my inital 3-5 days of the cold turkey next week so that is why I am not going to go back on the subs again

Good luck! You are gonna feel quite crappy today. Drink fluids, take your xanax and just get to your appointment and you will see the wonder of suboxone!!
Did you relapse off the Sub back to an opiate?

 
Old 10-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #44
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 259
musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User
Re: needing help

Yes, but again it was something avoidable. If you use the sub in the fashion I described, it is a wonderful tool and you can be very successful. My relapse was a bit more complicated but it was not because the sub. Just set forth a plan for aftercare and wean off the sub and try not to stay on it too long.

 
Old 10-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #45
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: sacramento, california, usa
Posts: 82
needshelpchris HB User
Re: needing help

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman3 View Post
Yes, but again it was something avoidable. If you use the sub in the fashion I described, it is a wonderful tool and you can be very successful. My relapse was a bit more complicated but it was not because the sub. Just set forth a plan for aftercare and wean off the sub and try not to stay on it too long.
I'm so conflicted about this SUB! The pamphket said you should be at least 13 hours without opiates, not 24-30....so I took some opiates this morning cuz I could not cope just yet....I thibk I can get through the rest of the day with just the xanax....

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Needing level 3 cervical disc fusion need advice! Queenie22 Spinal Cord Disorders 16 09-28-2010 02:57 PM
Surferdude here, needing some advice!! surferdude26 Bowel Disorders 1 04-24-2009 08:43 AM
I'm new here...needing to vent grammyjannie Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia 42 05-28-2008 07:28 AM
Wife needing some advice tlhalabama Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics 1 10-02-2007 09:17 AM
Don't pay any attention to me, just needing to write thoughts down ! dinney Depression 16 03-24-2007 08:34 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Hydrocodone
Lortab
Methadone
Oxycontin
Percocet
  Tylenol
Ultram Valium
Vicodin
Xanax




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Phoenix (148), katlin09 (109), reachout (97), second go (36), Wendy88 (36), oxygirl (34), corissa3 (32), Tysmom1 (24), icehouse3z (24), bolter (21)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (855), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (769), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (654), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!