It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

scoopy HB User
Taper question-plz help

Hi guys. Great site. Just wanted to know if while tapering, I should take my dose once per day or divide it into two doses?

I have been using norco(10 hydro) for about 7 months due to back surgery. My dose for the past two months has been around .5 to 1 pill a day. Although on a few occasions I'v taken 3 or 4 a day due to anxiety and dep. I am now going to go to .5 then taper from that. So is taking .5 once a day the best route or should I split the .5 into two dosages? I guess vic has a short half life.

Also, is 5 days a long enough period of time before my next reduction?

My plan is take .5 of a pill for 5 days then .375(3/8 of pill) for 5 days then .250(2/8 of pill) for 5 days then 1/8 of pill for 5 days then stop. Does this sound too slow or too fast? I realise I am not on a high amount but I stopped cold turkey a few weeks ago and had massive anxiety but hardly any physical symtoms. I just want to be free from
this med. These med has made my depression skyrocket. Is this common?

Sorry for all the questions. I appreciate your feedback greatly.Thx much.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Taper question-plz help

Hi,
I cut mine down into doses instead of taking all at once, but I tapered off of percocet (oxycodone) and I have a blog about it if you want to check it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Taper question-plz help

I think your plan is a good one and you can always take longer to taper if you feel the anxiety at an uncomfortable level. Yes, I believe pain meds can increase depression, especially the narcotic ones. Sincerely, searchin

Closed Thread