It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

elle1279 HB User
how long after taking soboxone can I take percocet

Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User
Re: how long after taking soboxone can I take percocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle1279 View Post
This may be a stupid question but why are you taking a percocet if you are on Suboxone? Are you asking how long the Suboxone blocks the high of the percocet? Unfortunately i have some experience in this. I have been on Suboxone for months now, and there were a couple of times early on where i still had the urge to get high and i stopped taking suboxone. Chemically suboxone has a really high half-life which is one of the reasons it is great for opiate dependence. Unfortunately that half-life also means that suboxone is REALLY good at blocking your ability to get high.

I would guess that about 99% of the suboxone will be out of your system in 72 hours. But something many people don't realize is just how strong suboxone is, or specifically Buprenorphine. Buprenorphine is the opiate portion of Suboxone and is actually a very strong opiate. I tried a few times to get high off other pills in the early months and NEVER was able to. I stopped taking Suboxone for 5 days one time and STILL couldn't catch a buzz off the other pills, and what I finally realized was that even though the sub was out of my system my tolerance was so high that the amount of other pills i was taking wasn't enough to get high. The buprenorphine builds up your opiate tolerance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
(male)

kstokes21 HB User

this is true. I have read someplace before that the Buprenorphine in it is a really high dose of opiates. To anyone trying to get clean reading this, stick with the subs or stop everything completely and go to NA. Save your life!! Give it a chance. You will meet the nicest people in the world and they will help yah!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

One thing to consider...once you've taken suboxone or methadone to treat addiction, the risk of overdose increases by hundreds. These meds are designed to raise your tolerance of opioid and narcotics, so that you don't crave them or the "high" throughout the day. So, if you start taking opioid/narcotics again, you'll just take more and more to find that place your looking for.....this is incredibly dangerous.....think seriously about your actions.

If you're going back to Percs because the subs aren't dealing with the pain....go back to your doc and figure out a game plan for treatment.

But if your doing it for recreational values or to find a "high" you could be risking your life rather easily.

Take care,

kat

Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

girlgone11 HB User

I took 10mg of sub daily for 3months then waited 2 days and took oxy but had to take more than normal. I also took sub for only 1 day one time and took normal amount of oxy 7 hrs later and felt it all if that helps.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
(male)

gulgi HB User

To be honest you can take any opiate while taking Suboxone. Whether you will get high depends on the Sub dose you are on and the opiate you are trying to abuse. I don't recommend taking any opiate without MD supervision. I'm telling you this as someone who regularly I'M'd around 250mg of Morphine while taking Suboxone. Yes, that's how much it took to "get off." I should be dead. I'm just giving you an honest answer. If you are an addict like me it won't matter either way. Be safe

Closed Thread