It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
(male)

ClearX HB User
Unhappy Subox and Xanax becoming a problem

I was addicted to painkillers for years and so were a few of my friends. I did not have insurance but needed help to get off hydrocodone. So I have been taking for about six months subox and xanax as was subscribed to another friend of mine who has been opiate free since starting this combination as I am. I am taking about 1/4 of the octagon subox and 1 to 2 bars of xanax a day. I am starting to get numbness in my toes and am wondering if it is related.

I really want to quit both of these scrips and need help. I have a family that has no idea about any of this.I am functioning fine the drugs do not seem to have a bad effect on me. So I really would like to look at some holistic, religious or natural ways to stop or any treatment that does not include getting another prescriptions or rehab facility. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate your help.

Last edited by ClearX; 11-09-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
(male)

LBauer HB User
Re: Subox and Xanax becoming a problem

Well if you are taking 1/4 of an octagon you are taking 2mg. 2mg is really too much to just stop taking it all at once. Taper down to around .5mg once you are there take a .5mg everyother day etc. I'm not going to lie you will still WD so grit your teeth and get it done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Subox and Xanax becoming a problem

Yes, just taper down and take your time. There is no rush. You will get the results you want. You will still experience some adjustments in your body and mind after you detox. Remember that you have been a functioning addict. You may find that these drugs affected you in more ways than you previously realized.

Try and remember: I am powerless over drugs and alcohol and my life has become unmanageable. Then do a first step and list just how the use of your drugs affected yourself and others. Be fearless...Sincerely, searchin

Closed Thread