It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
(male)

Stringz44 HB User
Suboxone - One Mg - Cant get off the rest

So, hello everyone.... ive been trying to get off suboxone for quite a while.. i see no problem with staying on it as long as you want, forever even, if it helps you and keeps you from feeling withdrawals. but in my own case, ive been on suboxone for years now.. something like four or five years i think. and im only 25.. ive had a pretty insane life with pain that nobody could really figure out a solution to at an early age that ruined pretty much everything. and im still attempting to deal with everything that the pain i still deal with causes. its really been hell. but anyway.. the point of this thread is for me.. i seem to have always had withdrawal symptoms despite my taking suboxone.. of course they seem to be less severe but every day i take my dose i can feel the onset of symptoms earlier than i take my dose. seems that the nights i drink alcohol the following days when i am set to take my dose i am not in as bad withdrawal. does alcohol affect that? anyway, i just cant seem to lower my dosing any further as the little bit i take every day seems to just barely get me by and especially when im waking up in the middle of the night or early in the morning before im supposed to dose or around that time and cant go back to sleep because of the withdrawal. i need help with what i should do. there are two main issues why i want to see how things are when im compltely off of suboxone.. one being of course the withdrawal symptoms i still feel on a daily basis and two being adverse sexual side effects which have been getting in the way for years now as well.
any help is greatly appreciated. thanks a lot in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

moreisbetter HB User
Re: Suboxone - One Mg - Cant get off the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringz44 View Post
So, hello everyone.... ive been trying to get off suboxone for quite a while.. i see no problem with staying on it as long as you want, forever even, if it helps you and keeps you from feeling withdrawals. but in my own case, ive been on suboxone for years now.. something like four or five years i think. and im only 25.. ive had a pretty insane life with pain that nobody could really figure out a solution to at an early age that ruined pretty much everything. and im still attempting to deal with everything that the pain i still deal with causes. its really been hell. but anyway.. the point of this thread is for me.. i seem to have always had withdrawal symptoms despite my taking suboxone.. of course they seem to be less severe but every day i take my dose i can feel the onset of symptoms earlier than i take my dose. seems that the nights i drink alcohol the following days when i am set to take my dose i am not in as bad withdrawal. does alcohol affect that? anyway, i just cant seem to lower my dosing any further as the little bit i take every day seems to just barely get me by and especially when im waking up in the middle of the night or early in the morning before im supposed to dose or around that time and cant go back to sleep because of the withdrawal. i need help with what i should do. there are two main issues why i want to see how things are when im compltely off of suboxone.. one being of course the withdrawal symptoms i still feel on a daily basis and two being adverse sexual side effects which have been getting in the way for years now as well.
any help is greatly appreciated. thanks a lot in advance

Old 11-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
(female)

moreisbetter HB User

i also have been on a very small dose of suboxone for 5 months now of 2 mg a day but am scared to stop but my doc says its the mental withdrawl. if u could sleep for a few days that might work. also i find that the worse part of withdrawl for me is fatigue. I have recently been put on adderall for add and i forget to take the suboxone sometimes to tell u the truth. good luck to u.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
(male)

Stringz44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisbetter View Post
i also have been on a very small dose of suboxone for 5 months now of 2 mg a day but am scared to stop but my doc says its the mental withdrawl. if u could sleep for a few days that might work. also i find that the worse part of withdrawl for me is fatigue. I have recently been put on adderall for add and i forget to take the suboxone sometimes to tell u the truth. good luck to u.
hmmm.. well... thanks for the good luck. but i still dont know what to do. my doctor has not been of any help to me getting off. i think a lot of these doctors get their license for this and try to make money off of people. at least that seems what the case is with mine.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

moreisbetter HB User

I really think I may have just traded one pill for another. I really don't know how u feel about the suboxone.I really believe its your mental addiction that won't let go. I have stopped taking suboxone cold turkey last year but I was in a coma from complications from a surgery I had so I never felt a thing and 10 days later when I woke up I felt normal because the suboxone was out of my system. since your doc is no help I'll tell u what my doc said-the first 3 days are the worst. If u can get through that u are going to be fine. thats why I suggested to sleep as much as possible those 3 days use sleep aids like benadryl maybe to help you rest. OR- my other thought is stopping before u run out of suboxone so u mentally know its there if u need it but just dont take it and see if theres any withdrawl from the 1 mg your on I bet as long as your mind is at ease that the suboxone is there if needed than u may not even have a withdrawl. sorry about the "good luck"from last message it was not meant the way it sounded Im in the same boat so I really wish u the best and let me know how it goes but your gonna need some kind of outpatient support like counseling or addiction groups-they really do help.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
(male)

br7332 HB User

I am in a very similar situation. I am 25 and have been taking opiates in one form or the I have been on sub for about 2 years now. Started on 24 mgs a day. My last dr's visit I was put on 1 mg. He said if I was having trouble on that dose to give him a call. It was quite rough so I did call him and he of course wanted me to come back in and pay for another office visit... I decided not to go back to just try to get off it all together. I feel just as awful coming off the 1mg sub that I did taking 50mg of methadone! The sub just gives you a pause button on your withdrawl. If I had know it would be this tough after all the time and thousands of dollars I have spent keeping it up, I would have just went to some inpatient program! Good luck to you. I hope you can make it through and stay clean!

Closed Thread