It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #211
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: Second Go

i think i made a mistake in another thread but i am at 67 days clean, to clarify.... i remember making a post saying "I want to be one of those people saying ive been clean for 2 weeks". Just givin myself a pat on the back, and givin everyone else some positive motivation. Nowhere to go but up yall, and im not talkin about gettin high! cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Biggzzz (03-24-2011), oxygirl (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #212
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

So totally awesome or as they would say where I live "Yeeeee hawwww". lol.... I am glad for you second go and I have dropped your name to a couple of the new guys on here to look up you and see how and what you have done and accomplished. How's the gf and worklife? Good I hope. Have you heard from Ravensgirl? I didn't know if maybe she sent u a private post or anything. Just curious if she is okay. Hopefully she is. You, her and Corissa are the ones I remember talking to when I first joined. Well I am glad to hear that you are still doing well. Keep encouraging everyone else on here because U truly can pat yourself on the back and give "high" fives cause you have stayed clean.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #213
(male)

Biggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB User

Yea, I can't wait to be where you at right now. I am about 16 maybe 17 or 18 days clean now but Looking forward to 90+ days.

You deff are inspiration to me because I know we have a lot in common and I am following in your footsteps. thanks for everything Second.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #214
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Both of you guys are inspirational to everyone on this board. You guys are great online friends. Isn't it amazing how people from different places, that are different ages, different genders and have different backgrounds be brought together by a common thing? Even though it is opiates! lol....You guys have enriched my life just from knowing you the little time I have. Keep up the good work and all the help that you provide for the people on here. Especially some of these new young folks. They seem so lost at times. Ttyl.....

The following user gives a hug of support to oxygirl:
Biggzzz (03-25-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
Biggzzz (03-25-2011)
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #215
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

likewise to you both, I think inspiration is very much alive and a big part of this board. Im gonna come out and say it ...this @#$% is HARD... but its not immpossible, and when we talk with like-minded people its so much more useful. So yeah Thanks to you guys too, and no I havnt heard from Ravensgirl in a while OG....RG....where are yaaaaa? ha hope doing well, if not, give us a hollr and lets work this out, all of us together!!!

Give 'Opiatesgotme' a shout guys, unless you have already ...shes 23 days clean! booom!

im at work now, been on a cookie binge but think i over did it...talk soon heh

and lurkers! make a thread, we wanna hear from ya cmon!!!

Last edited by second go; 03-25-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #216
(male)

Already got to her, now just saw this... lol

I agree 100% talking with people who HAVE the same problems/issues as we do makes it easier because they understand unlike people who have NEVER taking an opiate or other drug. They couldn't even fathom what we go through not only coming off of them but while being on them, the chase for more, the want the need the urgency... ughh so happy I don't have to worry about that anymore. I just gotta keep myself from ever falling back into that bottomless pit.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #217
Veteran
(male)

ive come to the conclusion that I need to hit the damn gym! My friend said get this anti-depressant etc etc, i dont want to do that right now.

Biggzzz im sure you can attest to this. If I can just get off my @ss and lift some weights w my bros, my mood will improve. I just had the epiphany this morning..

so my biggg brotha...what shud i start on? im fit, but what will get my cardio and general mood back up? what types of circuits? ive only been to the gym bout 6 times in the last 2 years.

anyone for that matter got tips? Oxygirl i know you be pressin 245.... help me out yall

Last edited by second go; 03-25-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #218
(male)

depends on what you like and what you want to get out of it.... I hate Hate HATE cardio but force myself to do atleast 30 mins a day (i skip some days not gonna lie) lol but cardio gets your endorphines flowing best.

I do mostly lifting, a lot of chest/bi's/tri's/shoulders/latts/back/traps mostly upper body, my legs are really big and strong my calves are huge and I NEVER work them out, so I don't even bother.

I suggest whey protein and N.O EXPLODE I love that ****, I was stuck at a plateau I couldn't break through benching 365 for like 2 months straight last year no matter what I did... I tried N.O EXPLODE and 3 days later I broke through it and kept going up... theres a lot of good stuff out there. I can give you tons of info if you need it, just tell me exactly what your looking to get out of the work out.

Also your stats if you want you can private msg me them, weight, height, age... I was a personal trainer for years in college. Did a lot of steroids back 2 years ago too... bad stuff yuck never again and that's WHILE I was eating 400mgs of oxy a day ughhh don't know what I was thinking. my heart must hate me.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #219
Veteran
(male)

nice....ill do that when i get a sec bro!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #220
Veteran
(female)

lol....I wish I benched that much! I am with bigzz on the whey protein because it gives me energy. I am doing good to walk since my surgery. I am doing that and some pt exercises. But i was an avid gym goer and I like the treadmills and things that work the cardio. I like light weight training but you guys need to do heavier stuff. I agree it is great for the "frame of mind" and it makes u feel good about yourself

Closed Thread