It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

hurtn247 HB User
how long AFTER LAST OXY??

hi everyone i was wondering how long after last oxy ir can i take suboxone? i took my last one this morning and am done craving another if i take my suboxone now will it put me into full blown withdrawl i was averaging 100mg a day but i feel the wd done coming on how long till i can take my suboxone without it making me really sick and it helping me?? im going start at 4mg is this sound good to everyone hear or is 2mg a better starting dose please help i am done aching and am in wd just not full blown yet will taking the sub now make me sicker? what do i do?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: how long FTER LAST OXY??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtn247 View Post
hi everyone i was wondering how long after last oxy ir can i take suboxone? i took my last one this morning and am done craving another if i take my suboxone now will it put me into full blown withdrawl i was averaging 100mg a day but i feel the wd done coming on how long till i can take my suboxone without it making me really sick and it helping me?? im going start at 4mg is this sound good to everyone hear or is 2mg a better starting dose please help i am done aching and am in wd just not full blown yet will taking the sub now make me sicker? what do i do?

is it just me or are these not questions that YOUR DOCTOR should be answering. Im worried that you somehow obtained the suboxone illegally perhaps?

Your doctor should be answering these questions although I am confident someone on this board would be equally qualified to answer but not pertaining to your medical background, you may have adverse reactions etc.

Whatever you do...... do it right. You've spent enough time doing things wrong which is why you are here. If I am wrong and your doctor just happens to be a complete moron and prescribes suboxone without consulting you on how, why and when then forgive me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

You don't have to be in withdrawal to start Suboxone. It is good to wait 24 hours so it works well, but not necessary.

I started with 2mg then saw my doctor about an hour later and she said to take another 2mg so I think you'd be fine if you took either dose.

Good luck,
emsmom

Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
(male)

underground1322 HB User

Take your last oxycontin either in the morning or before bed. "Enjoy" your last little whatever you do with them and if you took it in the morning take the suboxone before bed the next day (BEST ROUTE + Easiest because sleep in middle 40 Hours to) you will be hurtin a bit but it will work nicely and should snap fast. Quite easy with quick acting opiates, much harder with methadone, just do what i'll say you'll be alright. Shoudln't feel a thing just push ur self.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
(female)

pregonmethadone HB User

When I was going to start the sub program I had to be at the rehab at 10am and I was told not to take oxy at all before coming that I had to have 3symptoms of withdrawel. Told that if I took the sub too soon it could send u into a worse detox. Good Luck! Oxys are a ***** to quit, they are the little pills that ran my life and left me with nothing. I hope the subs work for You!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

I keep hearing about the oxy withdrawal to suboxone use. What is SUPPOSED to happen if you take them too close?

Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Some people believe (including doctors) that you have to wait until you are in FULL withdrawal from Oxy's before you take Suboxone.

It is believed that if you take the Suboxone too soon, it will send you into horrendous withdrawals.

It's not true...

If you take Sub quickly after using Oxy's, AND you have withdrawal, then you aren't taking enough Suboxone. That's just the normal withdrawal you would have experienced from the Oxy's.

Confusing enough for you?

I took a few Oxy's the day I started Suboxone. I took them early in the morning, met with my Addictions Dr. for the first time around lunch time and had my first dose of Suboxone around 1pm. My doctor dosed me according to how much Oxy I was taking (which is HOW docs are supposed to do it, rather than start out at 2mg and "see how it goes"). She was spot on - cause I didn't experience and w/d at all.

Closed Thread