It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User
Question Advise on Detox

Well, I have finally been approved for LTD and have been on Narcotic pain meds for a VERY long time due to back pain. I have had two spinal surgeries and several epidurals.

They now have me on Lyrica and several other Behavior Health medications my list gets longer and longer. Three off my very long list are actual Narcotic medications are Percoset 10/325, Vicodin 7/5/325, SOMA 350.

I would liked advise on stopping just these three. I have also recently stopped smoking 3-weeks out and doing great. I want to see if the Lyrica and other meds are working w./out the Narcotics. I have noticed if I am late on the Percoset or Vicodin I get moody and sick like the flu which tells me I am addicted. I want to stop but have a family and very busy schedule. Pain gets me down and I can do what is needed I have to Lay flat for a few hours after driving, shopping, chores, etc. I no longer have to worry about driving teh 40 miles to and from work and would like to stop for a few weeks for two reasons, they have stopped working like they did I am still in pain when taking them and I don't want to get really addicted and start taking more than prescribed and start that whole downward cycle.

Any natural remidies, suggestions, etc to get this started?

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: Advise on Detox

Dear Sandie:

I could have written the same post as u just did! I was put on narcotic pain meds and I realized i was addicted when I had to make an appointment a couple days later than usual and had to wait a day and a half for my pain meds. I thought I was gonna die! It hit me like a ton of bricks that I was addicted! I have never been addicted to anything but "mcdonalds" big macs in my whole life. It was unbelieveable to me. Hence....I started stalking this site and talking to others and listening to their stories. I am still on my meds but I am building up my courage to reduce them or at least stop and try something else altogether like injections. One thing I want to mention, if you just stopped smoking maybe u need to give yourself a little more time so to avoid a potential relapse on either one. I think smoking is by far a worse addiction health wise unless u are just going out and taking all kinds of pills

The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
sandiemas (01-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread