It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

tblessedwith2 HB User
Adding fuel to the fire!

I am so mad right now! I relapsed! OOPS! I have done it alot in the past 32 years. I was 7 months in my recovery this time, and I really was doing good. I have ADHD, (A-Z is more like it) Anyway, I take Concerta twice a day for that. It helps as long as I stay clean. I get it. My phychiatrist's medical assistant treats me like CRAP! She acts so dissapointed in me when I relapse, that it is belittling to me! I am not all happy at myself when I relapse. I feel enough dissapointment for me, let alone her acting this way. It is like she is the one relapsing? So, she makes the usual threats as to taking my Concerta, and even looks angry toward me. I understand she cares about my well being, but I leave there feeling like an absolute low life!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: Adding fuel to the fire!

yeah, some people do not need to be in the medical profession. I wish you luck. I know it is hard and you are having a rough time. just pray about it and don't beat yourself up anymore than u already have. remember today can always be the first day of the rest of your life!

The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
tblessedwith2 (01-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello tblessedwith2,

You probably heard this before but for some relapse is part of the recovery process.

There are no set limits with respect to the number of times one will relapse before fully recovering...

The best,honest.heartfelt advice I can provide to you is to never give up on yourself.

Have you thought of expressing your concern(respectfully) for the way you are being treated by your psychiatrist's m.a.?

Her "tough love" approach might not be beneficial to you.

Wishing you the best,

Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

I hear what youre saying. You should have a conversation with the medical assistant and tell her that her responses to your relapsing, are not good for your well being/mental health.

You can tell her respectfully to maintain a non-judgemental attitude towards your recovery process in the future, as it will help you be able to focus on yourself, and not have negative feelings about her reactions, 'clouding your mind'.

Stress is a big factor in peoples drug use, and she is clearly adding stress to you. Its like when you are a kid and your parents say clean up, and you say ok in a minute. We need that minute to calm down from the stress of some 'superior' telling us what we should do!

And that way it will also make it seem as though when you are doing well one week....that you are doing it for yourself, and not HER. the thought of it makes me grrrrrrrrrrowl.

I feel ya buddy...keep pressin on, and yes I would have a respectful open discussion with her, sooner the better, next time you see her?.

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
(female)

tblessedwith2 HB User

So, first of all. Thank you all for yopur replys. I have honestly tried with this woman, but just today, she crossed the line again! I was at my therapists office this morning from 9-10. After that very tough session, I went to an aa meeting from 12-1. I in the mean time had called my DR's MA, and left her a message that I was trying to get ahold of her. She called me while I was at my Drug counselors office, and honestly; she asked me "what do you need" I told her that my therapist thought it would be a good idea for me to get ahold of her, and she said "Well, why would she tell you to get ahold of me"? I was in a bad spaceat that point, and told her I didn't need to listen to her attitude with me, and she said "fine" and hung up on me!!! I am freakin mad as heck at this point! My drug counselor finally heard how she treats me! She is going to call my DR tomorrow, and talk about the situation. You are right, I feel bad enough. I relapsed! So sorry to have had such an affect on my DR's MA. God this is so overwhelming!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Absolutely, positively, you should NOT have to deal with this woman. The fact that you relapsed should make her treat you better, and give you support. It is hard for an addict to admit that they relapsed. You should not have to walk on eggshells and be afraid to tell the truth.

I hope your counselor is able to get through to your doctor, but if not, you have to stand up for yourself.

It's hard enough to accept the fact that we relapsed, nevermind having an assistant make us feel like crap.

I hope everything works out for you. Please keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

emsmom

Closed Thread