It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
(male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User
Angry Anger,Rage,Anxiety etc.. etc...

If I could take it and leave it I would, it consumes me and I get dragged in more and more. The anger turns into rage and I think of hurting myself. It's so painful to go through, there aren't any drugs or an easy way out like before.

Sometimes I just want to give up but I've come so far and worked so hard. I'm not going to give up, this won't get the best of me. I'm like a baby having to learn feelings all over again and that's basically all it is. I need to keep reminding myself that everything will get better if I continue to work the program.

I'm scared to go to sleep at night because I'm stuck with myself and my thoughts, I need to get through this and I keep on praying. I'm going on a year clean and all this is just starting to come up. I have a lot of work to do with my therapist and sponsor...Grrr off to "try" and sleep.

Last edited by dbrock; 02-16-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: drr

Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: Anger,Rage,Anxiety etc.. etc...

Wastsup bro. All of what your saying here is your logical frontal lobe part of your brain (middle to front of forehead in our species) reasoning with you, and ensuring your 'survival'.

All of the rage and anger comes from the lower libic system of your brain (closer to the neck and base of the brain) as well as the amygdala (which is a peanut sized thing in the middle of our brain which controls anger/rage/defense/and offensive begavior)

when people speak of the little devil and angel on our shoulder, it ids actually the limbic system, conflicting with the more advanced frontal lobe which we humans developed later as survival became our main goal. The smart people survived, and passed on those traits to their offspring, creating a smarter and smarter group of people.

Go with what you feel here man. That you must hold on and get through this tough part; it will get better! Its a priviledge to be able to reason the way you are doing here (some cant because their mental health is not up to par). Keep making it work, and remember we cant do this alone, talk as much as you can to friends/proffesionals. take it Easy man!

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
dbrock (02-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
(male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User
Re: Anger,Rage,Anxiety etc.. etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by second go View Post
Wastsup bro. All of what your saying here is your logical frontal lobe part of your brain (middle to front of forehead in our species) reasoning with you, and ensuring your 'survival'.

All of the rage and anger comes from the lower libic system of your brain (closer to the neck and base of the brain) as well as the amygdala (which is a peanut sized thing in the middle of our brain which controls anger/rage/defense/and offensive begavior)

when people speak of the little devil and angel on our shoulder, it ids actually the limbic system, conflicting with the more advanced frontal lobe which we humans developed later as survival became our main goal. The smart people survived, and passed on those traits to their offspring, creating a smarter and smarter group of people.

Go with what you feel here man. That you must hold on and get through this tough part; it will get better! Its a priviledge to be able to reason the way you are doing here (some cant because their mental health is not up to par). Keep making it work, and remember we cant do this alone, talk as much as you can to friends/proffesionals. take it Easy man!
----------------------------------------
Thanks for putting it into a scientific perspective, it would be so easy to just see a doctor and get something to take that would stop all this but that's just what I've been doing for half my life and even though it's really painful and gut retching to make it through these hard times I want it done naturally.
After I wrote this last night I'm pretty sure it helped a bit as well, I ended up falling asleep a couple hours later sleeping the whole night uninterrupted. I'll keep talking...Thanks again

Closed Thread