It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
Re: Update

sorry . didnt want to seem negitive. I see your difficult and know it well.
to help with withdrawls drink pleant of water. just like a hang over. if you have difficulties hop on line ..and thread..i usually post in rsd but it is amazing how i link to other threads.. i will be in hospital my self for next couple of days so i might not be on. but i will try..good luck to you ..and hold true to form

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

Thank you much! Tuesday is going to be the last day of pills ( I hope!!) I have enough of my vacation left to recover before going back to work. I just have to make it past the first 3 days and then I gradually get better. Good luck to you in the hospital!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musicman3 For This Useful Post:
Homie2011 (02-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #33
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

hey All: I take my meds as prescribed pretty much. I don't usually run out early or anything. That's not to say I haven't cause I have a time or two. However, for the most part I feel like I am in control of that. I hate pain and I like the way opiates make me feel and I know I am physically dependent on them. That is the part that scares me the most. I feel like you do Musicman like I should be able to control this without the pills. It just seems so much easier to let the pills help. I don't think I have an addictive personality because this is the first time anything like this in my life has ever taken over. I have never been one prone to addiction and I actually blamed people who were addicts. (talk about eating your words!) I have a new respect for people going through it and I know it takes a strong person to overcome it. Hopefully I will get on the ball soon. I have spent a lot of time talking to different people and listening to what they are going through and I have met some amazing people on here. Good luck Musicman but as u are doing this, try to find a good nsaid or something to help u with the pain that u are going through.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

oxygirl, i admire your honesty, and i empathize with you having the symptoms you do. I just hope for you that your tolerance doesnt go up, then you need more and more to get the effect.

I have friends that take oxys moderately, and they stop every now n then, and seem to manage alright. It seems you have your system under control. Believe me, i remember how the oxys made me feel, and its welll you know.

Just keep on top of it, and reach out if you ever need to.... keep up the good work and strong mindedness....thats admirable

Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #35
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

Carolyn...how is your progress???? I havnt had the net for a while so im kinda jumpin alll over the place here....hehe

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Homie2011 (03-01-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #36
(female)

~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User

Well im alive!! totallay feel like im going through all this to beable to relate to my father and what is last month of his life was like--have a new found respect for that man!

Today i feel the best ive have yet!!!! WoooooHooooo!!! Still have this weird shocking chill sensation- kinda like when someone just scared the shiiot out of u! It is getting better every day though. Didnt even take as valium last night before bed.

As i had said music is helping! Please second go-- dont forget the music! -i promise u it can be sedating and calming--hot baths too! I was scared to death but i think i have finally made it thru-and so will you! - i know you can do this.

I feel like ive been living in the dark and someone just turned on the lights- i see cob **** that i know have been there for at least six months. yesterday i put my ipod on the dock and my little girls looked at me as if i were a stranger! i got up and started singing and dancing w them! you should have seen their faces. i started pulling out furniture and entertainment centers--must of had enough cheerios to feed a small country and the dust-was discusting--all i could think about is how my dirty house resembled my dirty secrets and what the inside of my body must look like (cheerios resembling all the pills i took for 6 month and dirt and dust--all the smoking). ---I even decorated for Easter yesterday! I know every day is gonna be better. Today is March 1 st---sound like a perfect day for day 1--I will be here for you as you have for me--always! Everyone of you that have helped me, or just listened to me--even the lady who was the first to comment my post and scared the crap out of me-I want to thank you! I am a tuff cookie you see-no one can get the better of me. I just wanted to prove to myself that breaking an addiction can be done-stopping this cycle of how i grew up watching my parents chosing drugs over me stooped here with ME! Keep your eye one the prize--i really believe i was saved for a purpose.

Its not perfect though i had some mood swings going on yesterday-I speant a hour in the tub praying for god to heal me and forgive me. Also notice that my body lets me sleep exactly 8 hrs to the minute- woke up before my family and made them some strawberry waffles...just try to keep your mind busy even when u r to sick to get up at least listen to music and envision the old u and all that u want to accomplish when this is done-you do deserve a second chance second go to be a brand new u--so start deciding--what is it that u miss about the old u? what is it that u really wanna do that your addiction was keeping u from?

Thank you for again,

Carolyn ( big hugs to u all) Chin up-You run your life not your addiction-mind over body! Its a tough fight i got a feeling your gonna kick the shiot of this devil and take over!! keep my posted!

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carolyn~ For This Useful Post:
Homie2011 (03-01-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #37
(female)

~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User

geat- now u all must think ive lost my mind- i was jumping boards and rushing and cant delete my last message second go--im sorry! I know you have already got over your addiction- just started reading two diffrent messages at the same time started responding to u -walked away and came back and just started rambling on to another friend-forgive me- You were my inspiration from the beginning-i know your story-just got confused

but im sure u read and seen my progress. Hope u understand the mistake-

The following user gives a hug of support to ~Carolyn~:
Homie2011 (03-01-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #38
Veteran
(male)

theres no mistakes here!... but i thought something was a lil fishy when u told me to use music as a kind of therapy....Im a DJ!!!!!. Nuff Said hahaa....but yep music can change the energy in a room and inside you.... glad you had a good day....and yes the ups and downs are part-in-parcel (is that the phrase?) with this fight were all going thru, i have ups and downs every single day, and i bet 99 percent of people do too.....except those on mind numbing amounts of drugs.....but guess what...the ups and downs wil come for them at some point....just being fececious......

I had a good day....day off....learning how to use my time wisely, and like u say stay busy and do different things than the old routine that got us in those dark places!.....the suns always out above the clouds, everyday...its just on the other side of that grey! speakin of which vitamin d time!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #39
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

My biggest aide in withdrawling for me was my old rocking chair and my CD collection. I would sit in front of the window and rock for hours and listen to my favorite music. The rocking would counteract the heebie jeebies and the music would lift my spirits.

Closed Thread