It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
im back, but wish i had better news, at least im still trying

hi all, ive posted here before, then disappeared, then started lurking again. its been exactly 48 hours since my last dose of oxycodone 30mg X 2. definately having w/d of course, sad to say i know the process all too well, as the hours and days go by i pretty know which symptoms i'll start having...pretty pathetic. im not giving up though, i refuse to do that. the tapering thing doesnt work for me,might for some but i just cant do it mentally. some say C/T is harder, but its really the only way i can quit. just staying sober is the hardest thing for me. its been awhile, since ive been here, i hope reachout is still around, also emmsmom.

ill give a day 3 update tomorrow, gnite

ice

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: icehouse3z
mgm55 (03-08-2011), Vivica (02-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
Re: im back, but wish i had better news, at least im still trying

about 60 hrs into w/d, another god aweful nite. tryin to get sleep was a joke. so i just played video games all nite, did take my mind off it a bit. im always freezin, a shirt and 2 sweaters on. just tryin to pass the time. gona see if i can crawl to the store to get some red bulls, an electric wheel chair would sure come in handy now, but i need to start movin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

an update with a bit of good news, i got some 0.2mg clonidines so i should be able to get more than an hour of sleep tonite, in 8 hours i'll be at the 72 hour mark, im starting to feel a little better than i did yesterday, i definately see myself turning the corner. anybody can quit if they really want to, when the misery of using daily is worse than anyday early in withdrawl, you'll quit. im going into this with total resolve.

hope everyones havin a good day

The following user gives a hug of support to icehouse3z:
mytrose43 (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

yep, ride it out.... its better on the other side and you r almost there, no turnin back now!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

thx man! im gettin better each hour, imma keep on truckin and continue to update. off to try to get some sleep, i went to bed early tonite around six and woke up at 12 so it was good to get a little sleep, the clonidine does wonders for w/d

take care and keep in touch

Old 02-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

You are doing it Ice!!!!! Awesome!

Think of how good you will feel when the WD's are over! You won't have to feel that again!

Pup

The Following User Says Thank You to pupcake For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

thx pup for the encouragement. im goin full throttle, not lettin up. i need to put this behind me once and forall, this as gotten way old along time ago. and im not getting any younger, ill be 30 in august.

i slept quite a bit last nite after pretty much none the past two nites. i actually wanted to sleep some more but im gona try to drag myself into work. took a hot shower llast nite and seemed to help. i need to keep moving. gota try to get ready, im starting to look like a grizzly bear, major bedhead and havent shaved in 5 days. bye for now

ice

Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
(male)

MikeMass HB UserMikeMass HB User

Hey Ice, finally read your post. Tell me your story briefly if you don't mind. You take 30mg oxy IR's x 2 a day...or is that just what your last dose was? I'm asking cuz that's a pretty strange setup if those are prescribed. Why do you take oxy? Do you have legit pain, or just recreational? Fill me in, just wanted to know you a little bit better since you seem like a very nice person and we have something in common.

You're doing great BTW!

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMass For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
(male)

MikeMass HB UserMikeMass HB User

Also, that's awesome you're actually considering going to work today. Keeping busy is so important. Right on!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

hey mike, ya im prescribed 6 30mg oxy ir's per day from my dr. for nerve pain and usually end up gobbling them up a week before im due, then have to get them from other sources. honestly i could deal with it with a non narcotic med, i just liked the oxy when i first took it and off i went. its an insane way to live and now that my brain is clearing im starting to realize that. i made it into work today but was getting weak and shaky from lack of solid food for about 3 days, appetite is slowly coming back, along with other urges lol. i just went to the store and got a sandwhich from the deli. gota run for now. also thank you as well for the encouragement, means alot!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

gatorade, trail mix, oranges, proteins from fish/salmon, and vitamins b6 b12, vit d for mood, get this in you everyday...it will help 50 percent. the rest is mental....and things get better by the day. also you body craves the drug less and less, its like it forgets it needed it.

sleep is great, but balance it with a hard walk, or jog uphill....4 days of this and youll be feeling way better. I hated this stage but its better than going back to the old ways. your mind will be in a diff space trust me, the depression is normal for all of us, but the mood improves no question

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (02-22-2011), Vivica (02-26-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

i definately will take that advice, sounds like youve been through this once or twice. im gona go to the store tonite and get those things. i had to take an early lunch break, i just needed to get something in me. i couldnt really eat for the first 72 hours, just kept super hydrated. i also survived work today too! glad i didnt have to leave early. day 4 starts officially in 2 hours. just about all the worse physical stuff is gone, just ocasional yawning and sneezing. gona force myself to get more active, on the opiates you get lazy, before all this started i was always out doin somethin, lookin foward to gettin my life back...ill still keep on postin

Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
(female)

mytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB User

Hang in there you are doing great,

The Following User Says Thank You to mytrose43 For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

just took a nice shower and finally shaved. im starting to "feel" what ive numbed up for so long, and it feels good, real good. as for the physical part of all this, the best way i can describe it is im on the final lap on turn 4...i can see that checkered flag waving in the wind and that finish line is gettin closer. i just need to stay onboard. this time ive surrounded my self with support in which i didnt do in the past. i dont see how anybody can go through this alone, youd be suprised how many people have your back. also the ones on this board who have chimed in with advise and well wishes, it really means alot.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

mornin! slept pretty good, still takin the clonidine but that will stop to soon. if insomnia creeps up on me ill pick up some melatonin. woke up, how nice it is to start the day not in w/d, no aches, cold sweats, havin to take a pill before you can open your eyes. dont miss that at all!! i texted my dad last nite to tell him how i was feelin, he said it was my body thanking me for quitting. he always has a good way to put things. hes rock solid always and thank god for him. things are brain is clearer by the day. off to work!

Closed Thread