It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
(female)

Sleepless in RI HB User
Re: Can't Get Rid of Sleep Meds, esp. Ambien

Musicman: Maybe your unconscious was smarter than us and flushed those ambiens!)

I think I'll just try not to take ANYTHING starting tonight, just to clean my body a bit and see how it sleeps after that, and then I'll maybe ask for a xanax or valium ONLY to take on Sunday evenings if I have to (on Mondays I have to speak in front of 24 people and I just can't do this completely messed up). I just need to find a new psychiatrist, who is willing to help but also put a bit of a brake on this pill-use. (This guy is really bad, he was asking my friend, who with a lot of effort managed to get himself off of ambien and benzos: "you really don't want another prescription?"… he doesn't care at all.)

Carolyn: I DO have a thyroid condition – I'm hypo – do you have hypothyroidism or hyper? But when they put me on Levoxyl (VERY small dosage), I felt as if I was plugged into an electrical outlet. (Too much energy, heart pounding, panic, waking up with palpitations…) So I had to get off of it. Now you make me think….

Homie: I'm only on sleep-aids and a bit of benzos now and then… I don't know if I'm physically addicted, but boy – psychologically I definitely am… I just want to sleep normally and not be miserable. If I manage to get control over my sleep, I know I'll be a happier person. After taking the last valium at 6 am and drifting off at 7 am (my work schedule is different every day), I feel like crap today.

You guys are a huge help!
ps. I am active here and on Ambien and Withdrawal page, these two forums are keeping me sane.

Last edited by Sleepless in RI; 03-13-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
(female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User

Speaking of thyroids...I had graves disease..over active thyroid.....have it checked...over active thyroid s s are may lil buggers...you won't sleep for days heart racing weight loss...they dx me with hoshimotos until they did uptake and it was over active..now I'm under active...I'm on .125 of synthroid.....I'm glad its under control...if you are under active...you are usually sleepy and gain weight. Just a thought...kim

The Following User Says Thank You to Homie2011 For This Useful Post:
Sleepless in RI (03-12-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
(female)

~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User

I have a over active thyroid like Kim am on the same meds - my dose is 25 mcg. U might wanna try a lower dose or something--When i picked my rx up after leaving the hospital that day --I litterally was sleeping like a baby from that day on. Hope that helps some. I feel terrible for you. Those were the worst days. They even were doing cancer screens on me trying to figure out what the heck was wrong. Talk about scared to death i was 7 months pregnant! Good luck and keep me updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carolyn~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

i guess i didn't think about the sleep study not being effective if you didn't actually sleep. that is a good point Resolution. I have a daughter that is 18 and takes ambien to sleep and she called me tonight ( I am at my brother's house for the weekend) and she was crying and all emotional. I didn't realize those were messing her up that badly. I am going to talk to her doctor about it soon. She is only 18 but her whole life she has been up! even as a little baby her witching hour would begin at 12 and last till 3 or 4. she didn't sleep excessively during the day. but now she claims a lot of fatigue during the day. something is up with her I just haven't figured it out yet! I have fibromyalgia and so does my mother. I wonder if any of this is related to any of it. I know I don't go into a deep sleep if I don't take something. It is like a twilight. but i seem to fall asleep if i am tired. it is the staying asleep part. well anyways, i wish u good luck and i still wonder if ambien isn't a devil drug because of what it is doing to my daughter. i think it just affects everyone differently. i switched my dose down to 5 mg instead of 10 because it was making me so dang tired the next day. good luck to everyone on here and let us know how u do Sleepless

The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
(female)

Sleepless in RI HB User

Thank you, everyone. Stopped ambien, took only melatonin. I was fine for a week and now I posted a new thread to see whether anyone else experienced awful dizziness, vertigo and strange brain sensations after coming off of ambien... (what puzzles me is that I slept and that I was really fine for 9 days, then a week ago, these awful dizziness and a sensation of brain "falling into itself" started).

I thought I was out of the woods for a week... This is scary!

Closed Thread