It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: Emotional Ride

musicman...I hear ya on takin it a day at a time!!! I hated the restlesness, what helped me was gravol (pill form not lozenge) or melatonin, they helped me get the rest i needed. and yes its great when the temptation goes away.

OPGM (thats my new abbrev 4 ya haha) and Biggzzz (i aint messin w his name lol) yea I get the darn dreams too, but i forget them quick once I wake cause I have so much to do. never get high in the dreams, just someone trying to get them to me, and he always get sidetracked, then he goes, oh yeah the stuff uhhh, another person or distraction..... its rather annoying haha

but I drive past my old spot without any cravings...I think about it for a sec (we probably always will), but cant stand the thought of having to go through a 'third go' ...never again.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

Thanks Big! I do have one and I will go look for the product. Is that what it is called?? Body detox??? I have been on my vitamin a L-tyrosine regiment for over a week now. Doing all I can for dreaded day 1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
(male)

Biggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB User

Im completely drunk beyond drunk right now... and some guy I usually deal with offered me a 30mg then blow, which I would do often while im out at a club I said NO thanks.... the club im at is FULL of people I know who sell/do opiates fo al kinfds and yet I find the time to post from my blackberry on here and say I am strong enough to resist... thay thels me im strong and can resist the urge which of courser i have tho urge to take one but nope wont doe it... stay strong it seems thats all I can keep saying becauyse that's what i keep teliing my self!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #19
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

thats whats upp biggzzz!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Welcome aboard Opiatesgotme (OPGM). I am oxygirl and the name says it all! lol.... I am 42 years old and was put on percocet for chronic pain at 38 or so. Then I moved up to roxicodone 30s and that is where the trouble all seems to have begun. I started to get really physically dependent on them. My body will signal time for a pill before the pain that I was given them for does. This is a great place to be. Sometimes I get long winded on here so I will try to keep this short. I am sort of like Musicman and tapering off of a prescribed dose. I was taking 120mg a day and am down to 90. I should be a little further down but I have had some things in my life lately driving me crazy so at this point I am glad I just haven't went back up to the 120mg. I don't get tempted really. I have a whole bottle I can sit and look at all day. My problem is the physical withdrawls drive me nuts. When I first ran out of meds I thought I was gonna die. I finally realized it was wd's and it freaked me out. I have an exhusband who is a major addict and I have always fought against any drugs ever since i was 20 and first met him. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I, mother of 3, minivan carpool queen, soccer mom, church goer, cheerleading mom.....in other words Carol Brady, was addicted to pain pills. What I am trying to say is it is easy to become addicted to drugs. So my story is....I am on a slow taper. I so admire all of you who have them out of your system. I am such a chicken. I have really bad arthritis and I hate pain. So it is like pain on top of pain for me. I have had one knee surgery and need another within this year.

It appears that you are at least over the physical hump. Getting them out of your system is harder and harder every time you relapse. (I have heen told this by many people). I know that emotional ups and down follow after the physical part is over with. I understand u not wanting to put anything else in your system also. How is your home support system? Do you have kids, a job? You said you have a partner. Is it a steady relationship? All of these things are going to factor into your recovery and your continued success. I wish you all the luck and you sound like a very strong person. This board is a great place as we are all in the same boat.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #21
(male)

no, it's not called body detox I don't remember the name of it, its made BY GNC and its a 7 day COMPLETE detox system comes in a BOX, it detoxes your liver, blood, kidneys, digestive system EVERYTHING. Ask the guy when you go I am sure he will know which it is. tell him you want the "complete 7 day detox system" he will know what it is.

I am going to bed... very drunk, have the NYPD vs FDNY football game tomorrow, and then the USA-Argentina soccer game at meadowlands... gotta be up in like 4 hours lol

P.S just noticed this isnt one of our threads, its Opiatesgotme thread, sorry opiates didn't mean to hijack it! Hope your doing ok, let us know how you are!!

Last edited by moderator2; 03-26-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #22
(female)

opiatesgotme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygirl View Post
Welcome aboard Opiatesgotme (OPGM). I am oxygirl and the name says it all! lol.... I am 42 years old and was put on percocet for chronic pain at 38 or so. Then I moved up to roxicodone 30s and that is where the trouble all seems to have begun. I started to get really physically dependent on them. My body will signal time for a pill before the pain that I was given them for does. This is a great place to be. Sometimes I get long winded on here so I will try to keep this short. I am sort of like Musicman and tapering off of a prescribed dose. I was taking 120mg a day and am down to 90. I should be a little further down but I have had some things in my life lately driving me crazy so at this point I am glad I just haven't went back up to the 120mg. I don't get tempted really. I have a whole bottle I can sit and look at all day. My problem is the physical withdrawls drive me nuts. When I first ran out of meds I thought I was gonna die. I finally realized it was wd's and it freaked me out. I have an exhusband who is a major addict and I have always fought against any drugs ever since i was 20 and first met him. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I, mother of 3, minivan carpool queen, soccer mom, church goer, cheerleading mom.....in other words Carol Brady, was addicted to pain pills. What I am trying to say is it is easy to become addicted to drugs. So my story is....I am on a slow taper. I so admire all of you who have them out of your system. I am such a chicken. I have really bad arthritis and I hate pain. So it is like pain on top of pain for me. I have had one knee surgery and need another within this year.

It appears that you are at least over the physical hump. Getting them out of your system is harder and harder every time you relapse. (I have heen told this by many people). I know that emotional ups and down follow after the physical part is over with. I understand u not wanting to put anything else in your system also. How is your home support system? Do you have kids, a job? You said you have a partner. Is it a steady relationship? All of these things are going to factor into your recovery and your continued success. I wish you all the luck and you sound like a very strong person. This board is a great place as we are all in the same boat.
Hey Oxygirl, Thank for the warm welcome and thanks for sharing your story. It's true, anyone can become an addict. As much as I tried to avoid it, one injury put me into this sick cycle. I feel for you bc my pain is gone. I had a serious burn that healed up nice and the pain is completely gone now but that doesn't take away the want for more pills. I can tell you that I was so scared of the WD. I wanting to get clean for a couple of months but would not do it bc the WD were scaring the hell out of me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I built it up so much that I thought I was going to die but I actually just had the worst flu ever. It felt like the flu time 100. But totally doable. To my surprise I had made it to be a lot worse than it was. You are different bc you still have the pain to deal with. I know that changes everything. But I know there are non narcotic pain killers. Maybe try something that is not addicting. Just a suggestion and I dont want you to think I am acting like I know everything bc that is so far from the truth. I am new to this and I know nothing except what has happened in the past 26 days. I will keep you in my thoughts and if you ever need to talk hit me up.
As for me. I have a great support system. been married 6 years to my bestfriend and it is a very supportive relationship. The only thing is that she doesn't get it. She is not an addict and she wants to get it but she just can't and it's not her fault but it is still hard. Thats why I found this board. I need some feedback from people who get it. So thank you for support. I hope I can do the same for you.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #23
(female)

opiatesgotme HB User

Biggz no problem. I enjoy reading your posts. Its all good...

Old 03-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #24
(female)

opiatesgotme HB User

Good Morning All,
First I want to start by thanking all of you. This site has been a great place for me and it wouldn't be with out all of you amazing people. So what a weekend I had. Very busy. It's been 26 days since I used oxys. This weekend I felt great. Not many emotional rides So as part of my not using oxys I decided to stop drinking as well. I thought that the alcohol might be too much of a blocker for my will to stay off oxys. I also cut EVERYONE out of my life. The only people I have seen are the poeple who know what is going on and would never help me get high. With that said I have a friend who I love. She is my BFF. We have worked together for years and spend a lot of time together. The friendship has been great for me. She has helped me learn how to be a good friend. BUT I let her go when I was high. I knew she didnt approve and I just didnt want to hear her telling me how bad is was. So I pretty much let her go. It was easy when I was high but now I miss her. I miss all the good times. Without durgs. BUT we are definately drinking buddies. So Friday night I texted her and asked her if she would meet me for lunch to talk. ( I needed to apologize and tell her what I have been going through) afterall she is my BFF and she loves me. She agreed to meet me and we met at 1PM Saturday at a local watering hole. I got there around 12:45 and all I could think of was having a beer. I would (before the addiction) sit at the bar, have a beer and wait for my friend. I sat in my car thinking " I am not an alcoholic. I can drink. I actually love the taste of beer and I always have. So I went in, sat at the bar and had a beer. It was awesome. She showed up and we talked for like 3 hours. I drank about 5-6 beers and was totally fine. No buzz, no thoughts of oxys. Just great conversation and a couple of beers with a great friend. I am so happy. I am 32 years old and the thought of never drinking again was so hard for me. I have always been able to drink and I felt like oxys were different but I was scared to try bc I didnt want to risk getting high. BUT I had no desire to get high and I felt great. I am so stoked. I will be 30 days clean from oxys Friday and I think I am going to go see a local band. I would see this band like once a month before I started getting high. I lost that with the oxys. I am ready to get it back. I am ready to go out with friends and enjoiy life like I used to. I was thinking life would never be the same after this but I am seeing that life can go back to normal as long as I know I can not use oxys. My love for that high takes me away from everything else that I love and I am not willing to give up everything else for the little blue pills. One more thing to say. I have been listening to a lot of music since I got clean and it is so helpful. I am going to end with a quote that I play in my head often. It is so true and help me stay fully aware what I need to do.
"Clip the wings that get you high. Just leave them where they lye and tell yourself you'll be the death of me" Seether Remedy Love it!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Hey Opiates, I see you are doing well talking out your feelings. That is real important. It cleanses the soul and is absolutely free to do on the healthboard! lol.....About your BFF, sit her down and tell her how you feel. Do you really want to spend your life without her? Even if she doesn't understand the oxy thing, try to put that aside. You are getting that out of your life and before you know it, it won't be a problem for you anymore. One thing I am concerned about and I am not trying to tell you what to do or to judge believe me, I am the last person in the world with any room to talk about anything! I am worried about your drinking. I am afraid you may be substituting it for the pills. Just be careful and watch yourself and your trends and habits (Again I am sorry if I am overstepping my bounds). This is a tough life out here in our world today and sometimes I think we do tend to grab what makes us feel better or escape reality a little. You are young and have lots of years ahead of you. Just keep on doing like you are and keep the bad influencial people out of your life. They can bring no good to you. And a true friend will not try to tempt you especially if she/he knows you are trying to quit. I will pray for you and myself as I am going to embark on hopefully a c/t pretty soon. I just have to get the timing right and take some time and go to my mamas house and do it where everyone isn't calling my name for me to do something for them. Good luck and I will talk to you later. ---OG

Old 03-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #26
(female)

opiatesgotme HB User

Hello all,
So its been 30 days since I got high. That is a huge milstone for me bc 31 days ago I couldnt imagine being clean for 1 day. I am feeling so much better emotionally. I feel like I have my spirit back. Much happier and even starting to do some things that I really enjoy without a pill. While doing one of those things yesterday I totally wrenched my knee. It is so swollen and it hurts like crazy. This was my biggest fear. Hurting myself bc I know my brain says go to the doctor, get something. BUT I am not going to the doctor. I have been icing it and taking motrin. I know if I go to the doctor she will give me pain meds and I can not risk that. So wish me luck. I am hoping it gets better over the next few days bc if it doesn't I will have to see the dr and I know that could be risking everything I have been working for.
~L

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #27
(male)

so you tweaked you knee a little! Your a tough girl I know this already... we all do. Ice packs/mineral ice... ibu's and rest it. It'll heal it self. IF you do have to go to the doc, ask for NON-narcotic!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #28
(male)

Lessss? Where have you been? I am hoping everything is ok, I msged you on blackberry messenger twice in the past few days and its not even giving me the "delivered" notification which tells me your phone is OFF... I really hope all is well? please let us know =]

Closed Thread