It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

YesMAn1 HB User
Stay away from long term suboxone use

Its really sad to me all the misinformation on the internet about suboxone. It actually makes me ill when I read some of the stuff out there about subs. Its a terrible drug when used long term (more than 2-3 weeks). The withdraw is brutal and long and puts other opiates to shame.

There are many side effects they don't tell us about and possibly dont know some of the side effects themselves. severe depression, anxiety, and total hair loss to name a few. Everyone thinks its great during the honeymoon phase but that all changes with time. A

lso I can't believe some of these sub doc have no clue what they are doing. No need to put anyone on 24mg's daily. really? 24mg's is enough to kill a small horse. Im not real good at getting these points across but there is better people who explain it.

Please if you are considering going on or staying on subs do your homework and ask people first hand that have been there. Don't believe what you read on the internet even its a site that is all fancy and seems legit.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-11-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
(male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User
Re: Stay away from long tem suboxone use

Was the longest anxiety ridden withdrawal ever compared to any other opiates, w/ depression as well..for me anyways

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

YesMAn1 HB User

Not just for you but for most. It boggles my mind how many threads I have seen on forums that have people saying "I thought there was no wd with subs" and all that jazz. Next thing you know the person is on subs for years on end. So much bad info out there and there are even sub advocate sites that Im not allowed to mention on here but they are liar liar pants on fire. They have made up success stories and even use pics of models having picnics and stuff. What a joke. I tried to get my point across on there and was attacked with hostility like Im just making bad stuff about subs. Im going like "what the heck, like Im here to make stuff up like you guys do".

Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

newlife4us HB User

I agree with you too. I am on day 21 clean of roxys & day 11 clean of subs. After day 3 of no Subs it was HELL! I still do not sleep, no motivation to do anything, stomach is a mess & cant remember when I slept. Ah the depression & anxiety is almost unbearable at times. I just pray each day Sometimes it feels like I am no better than the 1st day. I can only hope this will end, which logically I would assume it has to but it is hard to see an end near. Still I celebrate being clean each day & will never go back.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

YesMAn1 HB User

Keep it up it definitely does end. You are doing great! Now you know that the one site where there use pics of models and seem to have all great stories of people who get off sub with no problem. There is a large group of people who say they got off subs with ease but they are lying and in fact are still on subs. Its something some opiate addicts do. Im not sure why buy I think it makes them feel special or something. So these people go around telling people how easy it was for them and what a great drug it it. Sorry Im just really aggravated with this one site and its members. Oh and the site has taper/detox stories that written like infomercials. So fake and disgusting

Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
(female)

newlife4us HB User
Re: Stay away from long term suboxone use

There is so much bad info on the web, from alot of people & imo from doctors that hand them out like they do the roxys at the pain clinics. I actually did Subs 1 time prior to this & had no idea what I WAS IN FOR, THOUGHT THE HONEYMOON PHASE WAS GREAT, ACTUALLY FELT INSIDE i WAS REPLACING ROXYS FOR SOBS, MUCH BETTER HIGH. When I stopped taking them I just expected all the w/d were over & I was great. Yeah we all know how that story ended, back to Roxys. This time I knew what I was in for, somewhat I really wanted to stop this time. I want like never before. You just have to have that want, ya know. Today is day 22 still really hard, as an addict I just want to instantly feel some sort of little or constant relief. Yesterday was a bad stomach day, today it is fine, who knows. The worst part for me is the mental part. I kept taking the pills for energy & strength to get all my millions of things done. Now I cant motivate myself to even clean my house that hasnt been cleaned in weeks. It makes me feel so inadequate. I just wish I knew when I will have energy, motivation & no more anxiety. It seems like everything I manage to do just bores me or I cant focus on & get frustrated & quit. Have u been off Sub for awhile I would love to hear from someone that has been off so I know what to expect on this journey

Closed Thread