It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
(male)

tiedup HB Usertiedup HB User
Would anyone like me to include them in my prayers...

I found that spirituality played a huge part in me kicking my heroin addiction.. I had a bunch of people constantly praying for me...

Is there anyone who would like for me to include them in my daily prayers?

If so, please respond...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: Would anyone like me to include them in my prayers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedup View Post
I found that spirituality played a huge part in me kicking my heroin addiction.. I had a bunch of people constantly praying for me...

If so, please respond...

If you would be so kind as go include BILLY in your prayers. Bill (as we so affectionately referred to him) had an eating disorder. People would always look at him like he didn't belong which is why (I believe) he gave up.

I cant stand people that treat others differently based on their looks, way they dress etc.

SO DAMN WHAT IF BILLY WAS A GOAT! What made Mr. Wentworthy down the
road any better than our little Billy!

So, yeah, thats kind of you...please rip one up there to the old guy in the sky for Brother Bill .... RIP 1987-1998

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

lol @ Wentworthy.. ahem.... proceed..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

newlife4us HB User
Wink Re: Would anyone like me to include them in my prayers...

I too have never been a huge christian or whatever & found lately that I talk to god more than anything, it helps calm me for some reason when absolutely nothing else will. I too have done alot of thinking & sole searching as I literally feel like most of me has been in some damn deep sleep for the last 8+ years of using pain pills. It really does numb you & I never even saw any of the side effects except for the financial ones of course. It is now that I can reflect on everything that was either lost, damaged, broken, etc & try to start to repair my life. It is scary though as I dont know what is going to change & to what extent. I guess you cant help but feel spiritual at a time like this. As horrible as i do feel though I kinda do feel this sense of empowerment of taking my life into my own hands & not a little blue pills hands. So yes pls pray for me...Not getting all religous but a neighbor gave me this awesome book & one of the quotes from the bible is or something like this anyway.....Jesus said when you are at your weekest I am at my strongest...I give you bad times in life to make you stronger. I really loved that saying

Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
(male)

im not trying to get all religious either, but when my family couldn't trust me and i found myself at a halfway house in miami without work, the pastor of a church a half hour away used to pick me up and drop me off each day and pay me to work in their school cafeteria...

God was the only one who never turned his back on me and I haven't forgotten that--

newlife- i will pray for you to start feeling the wonderful joys of life again.. i'm lucky enough to see my 2 year-old experience these joys everyday, which helps me immensely
corissa- i will pray that before billy went he had a relationship with his creator

anyone else?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Quote:
im not trying to get all religious either, but when my family couldn't trust me and i found myself at a halfway house in miami without work, the pastor of a church a half hour away used to pick me up and drop me off each day and pay me to work in their school cafeteria...

God was the only one who never turned his back on me and I haven't forgotten that--

newlife- i will pray for you to start feeling the wonderful joys of life again.. i'm lucky enough to see my 2 year-old experience these joys everyday, which helps me immensely
corissa- i will pray that before billy went he had a relationship with his creator

anyone else?

I've been asking around the board and we've decided to purchase that Romper Room mirror... You know the one that shows lil Rita needs help, John could use a prayer (or two, cuz he's only 2)...

Im pullin your chain tied up....I just don't see how you arrive requesting ur own prayer request line. Why not just swipe ur hand across the entire board and give a one time shout out. Or, are you a special medium....that holier than thou?

Come on tiedup.... which one are you?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

I think that sounds wonderful. add me on there too please. i keep wavering with lots of things going on in my life. so if you would please pray for me also. thank u

Old 04-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygirl View Post
I think that sounds wonderful. add me on there too please. i keep wavering with lots of things going on in my life. so if you would please pray for me also. thank u

oxygirl- i will pray for more stability in your life and for you in general

corissa- The Bible says that 'we have not because we ask not'-- waving a wand at the board is not how God works in my experience-- Matt 21:22 says 'whatsoever we ask for in prayer, believing, we shall receive'.. the trick is the believing part.. i believe He will because He has for me time and time again..

now if your question is why would a complete stranger wish to pray for random people- because my life is pretty good right now- but it wasnt always that way-- i guess its me staying in touch with my sobriety without going to aa/na meetings which are tough to make now that i have kids... a way that i believe can help people better than any words or experiences i could share-- so corissa, do you need prayer?

List stands at -
tiedup
newlife
oxygirl

Last edited by tiedup; 04-15-2011 at 05:05 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tiedup For This Useful Post:
newlife4us (04-15-2011)
Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User

I think that what you're doing is lovely! Please include me in your prayers. Me and my roomate have both been out of work for nearly 2 years now. Things are getting very bad....behind in the rent, cable and phone getting shut off, behind in the utility bills, etc. Thank G-d I have a wonderful friend who will never let me go hungry. I also have major back injuries and migraines which started me on the horrible road to hell that all of us know too well. The only thing that's good in my life is the fact that my daughter's doing well...and my kitties make me happy as well, too! lol...Please say a prayer for me...I'll pray for you and everyone else on the list as well....) <3

Old 04-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Thanks, but I'll continue to give my regular Rev. a shot. He's been thru a lot with me and I'd hate to see all his hard work go for nothing but the few shillings I give each week.

I will keep you in mind thou. With all the false prophets out there, I'm keen on the personal prayer .... ya just never know what people are praying will happen to you... especially if you're not around to hear it.

Forgive me for asking (I sincerely don't know the answer) but do you really need a list? I mean, as a "christian" or whatever your denomination, shouldn't you pray for everyone? Even those NOT on your so called list?

Last edited by corissa3; 04-16-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
(male)

dreamingoutloud I am praying for employment for you and your roommate and recovery

List stands at -
tiedup- my wife and kids
newlife- to enjoy life
oxygirl- stability
dreamingoutloud- employment

corissa- different people have different needs- like jobs, pain, etc. When you pray for specific things, it is clear to see when prayers get answered... again as stated above- 'we have not because we ask not'

Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

It is true God says ask and ye shall receive. However, we make our own choices and God isn't like a jeannie that we can just tap into when we want something to be made better. He also wants us to make good choices.

sorry didn't mean to climb aboard a soapbox here. Sometimes people blame God for their life but we have to remember he gives us the freedom to make our own way.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #13
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygirl View Post
It is true God says ask and ye shall receive. However, we make our own choices and God isn't like a jeannie that we can just tap into when we want something to be made better. He also wants us to make good choices.

sorry didn't mean to climb aboard a soapbox here. Sometimes people blame God for their life but we have to remember he gives us the freedom to make our own way.

all true oxygirl..

ever since i had my kids, i have a greater understanding of how much God wants to give us, being that we are His children.. I want to give my kids the world, even if it means that i get nothing... However, I can't give my kids great things when they have been bad... but if they are sorry and ask for something, i usually cave... it is important to ask for what we want.. and asking for prayer is the first sign that we realize that we need it....

The Following User Says Thank You to tiedup For This Useful Post:
oxygirl (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
(female)

sisters helper HB User

Quote:

If so, please respond...
I would appreciate a prayer for my daughter, an alcoholic. To give her strength to seek help through the Lord and health providers. So far, she hasn't helped herself much. She's getting worse. Stealing money from me to buy liquor and lying. Please pray for her (us). Bless you.

Angie

Old 04-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisters helper View Post
I would appreciate a prayer for my daughter, an alcoholic. To give her strength to seek help through the Lord and health providers. So far, she hasn't helped herself much. She's getting worse. Stealing money from me to buy liquor and lying. Please pray for her (us). Bless you.

Angie

you got it angie!

it is so difficult to see someone you love go through it.. i will pray for your daughter as i would hope others would pray for my daughter....

List stands at -
tiedup- my wife and kids
newlife- to enjoy life
oxygirl- stability
dreamingoutloud- employment
sister's helper- daughter to seek help and to get it

Closed Thread