It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
(female)

georgi HB User
How do i get off such high dosage

MY Dear God, I don't think I will make it. I started out ok with oxy because of medical reasons. Now I am taking Probably 500 mg a day. How do I taper from that? what am I to do. I am so lost with nowhere to turn HELP ME. Please.........................
georgi

The following user gives a hug of support to georgi:
SWEETIE65 (04-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: How do i get off such high dosage

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi View Post
MY Dear God, I don't think I will make it. I started out ok with oxy because of medical reasons. Now I am taking Probably 500 mg a day. How do I taper from that? what am I to do. I am so lost with nowhere to turn HELP ME. Please.........................
georgi
I was about to ask what up geogi.... but I think you pretty much answered it in that sentence.... Ok, so lets break it down for a hot minute. You are on 500 mg of what? Percs, Oxy 80s?

Lets assume you are on 80 mg oxys.... thats about 6 per day. I am not condoning it but you are not as bad as you think.. I DONT MEAN YOU CAN AND SHOULD TAKE MORE!!! But at my worst, I was about 10 per day PLUS 200 bucks of heroin !!! and the odd methadone drink.

Back to you.... how are you taking them? Are you snorting? shooting? just orally?

Its important cuz the ways mentioned act differently and provide medication at a different rate. Its much easier to taper if you are taking orally. Although the other ways can be just as simple jsut harder to give a "dose" in public.
Anyways G, provide a lil info and I (and others) will step up and try to help you.

I am putting you on my newly formed prayer list also (see where that goes) so I am gung ho with these new super powers.....

Ill be back. Take a deep breath hun...it willl be ok

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
free1day (04-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

free1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB User

Awwwww! G.......its going to be okay.......girl! Im was in your spot but iwas out of control....I have RSD and started on oxys methadone somas.....chris is right.........if its only 500 mg and you aren't looped then you have what's called.dr don't know how to RX painkillers.....

Answer chris' questions and you will have support galore.....don't panic and why don't you have a look around here...I suggest going to chronic pain board or you are welcome to follow me down the rabbits hole to reflex sympathetic dystphy......

Post soon.....im the board pest....welcome

Peace
K

Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
(male)

Norcoguy HB UserNorcoguy HB User

Thats way overkill...Your opiate receptors are saturated at 200mg a day, anymore then that and your just wasting the drug, and destroying your brain and vital organs, I would call a suboxone doctor, and ask him about the best rout to taper down...Alot of sleep is gonna be key.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

dovecottage HB Userdovecottage HB User

i hope she followed u you have lots of knowledge.....dove

Old 04-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Not to turn this into a ******* contest however, the opiate receptors may be saturated at 200mg but the tolerance level is obviously higher than the 200 mg a day georgi is taking.

That said, a suboxone doctor is what is needed to kick the addiction but without all of the info, suboxone may not be the key.

Oxy is there for a reason, I would imagine there is an underlying reason for the prescription. Can it be tapered? Yes.... safely? Yes, absolutely.

Lets let Georgi give some answers and we can go from there. We only want whats best for her.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
(female)

georgi HB User

Ok, Here is the deal........... First Thanks for all of the feed mack. I needed that. I went to a doc that does suboxone and he said I need to bring my dosage down first, Good-by. So I get 60 mgs of oxy long lasting and chew 2 of them and some times take 2 short acting 30mg also. Then I take one mg of xanax sometimes 2. I can funtion, but tired. I do this 3 times a day and then I wake up in the middle of the night and need more. Sometimes I can take a xanax and it will get me till about 5 am I get half way sometimes through the month then my oncologist gives me some more. [first was fron gp] Hey I am trying to be honest here before you all come down on me like a ton of bricks. I am scared, can't beleive I am even close to being in this situation. What a jerk I have become. I am 61 years old. Because of my medical background cancers. Thymus, breast removed and esophagus removed most docs would rather give me meds than work with me and take the time on getting me off. My disibility insurance is a joke. Covers not much. You guys are my only hope. I have 2.5 years left before my cancer is concidered cured. Think docs are afraid of my little body. I started out at 127 pounds and went don to 89 I am now a fairly healthy 106. Other than a bit of breathibg problems I am ok. Radiation years ago messed up my lungs. WHAT AM I TO DO? W ish I could just go into the hospital and get off. If it wont kill me. God, wish I could go to a Betty Ford Clinic. Scared stiff of cold turkey. Think my husband will kill me before the meds do. He is a sweet regular guy who has had enough. I can't tell himm everything he gets so mad and I have been through too much. Just want it to be over. Can anyone help me? Thanks guys and hope the board alows my ranting
georgi

Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Whats up girl?

Okay .. we both know you need to taper down... thats obvious.... and I don't want to be the "obvious guy" here but Obvious seems to be the answer to your questions.
Suboxone is going to be your saving grace. ME personally, I prefer methadone. It is a great pain reliever and it helps kick the habit. It's a remarkable drug in that you can stay on it the rest of your life and not have to feel guilty about it. There aren't many drugs out there that you can stay on for the rest of your life without some sort of side effects.

Don't beat yourself up. Honesty is the way to be.... Georgi, you are a sweetheart, you don't think you are the ONLY person on this board to receive meds from more than ONE doc do you? No one condones it but I once had someone tell ME not to feel bad until I have more than 4 docs prescribing me meds...

I wish I had more than kind words to offer you. You know what you need to do.. it's now a matter of how badly you want it.

Chris

Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #9
(female)

free1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoguy View Post
Thats way overkill...Your opiate receptors are saturated at 200mg a day, anymore then that and your just wasting the drug, and destroying your brain and vital organs, I would call a suboxone doctor, and ask him about the best rout to taper down...Alot of sleep is gonna be key.
Shhhhhhhh! Narcoson.....master the beast within...calm grasshopper!
My friend....she is in pain bruh! chronic pain addicts are different......We dont take virgin nose dives into clouds of oxy.......let her answer the questions and then give it to her...dang boy! You a woman hater? I love ya!

K

Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
(female)

Oh G,

Chris is right! I knew the taper was coming...I personally am not on team Suboxone...I tapered 100 times and the only thing that did so far it to....go cold. I was on 170 mg of methadone and it did nothing for pain and i was not going to use it the rest of my life.....I used alot of oxy...I use to get 240mf of 30mg and theyd all be gone by the 10 day.....THATS Addiction! and the way i used them and the way i obtained them was an sddiction...

Let me expalin this to you, coming from Illness pov! heres is the cycle you get intolerant then they increase then you become dependent..at some point they cut you off..and there you go...knocking on hectors door...self medicated...
i dont care who you are...old or young...it takes a hold of you...you kids that have RSD...12 year olds.....they are on oxys? omg! can you imagine?

G,

You know, you seem like a very smart woman...please do your homewaork on Suboxone...you really are trading one for the other but the thing with suboxone...no pain relief so when you zero...what plan are you implimenting to control your pain? food for thought and I am here for you..the best I can....

Going Green, (wink)
K

Old 04-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corissa3 View Post
Whats up girl?

Okay .. we both know you need to taper down... thats obvious.... and I don't want to be the "obvious guy" here but Obvious seems to be the answer to your questions.
Suboxone is going to be your saving grace. ME personally, I prefer methadone. It is a great pain reliever and it helps kick the habit. It's a remarkable drug in that you can stay on it the rest of your life and not have to feel guilty about it. There aren't many drugs out there that you can stay on for the rest of your life without some sort of side effects.

Don't beat yourself up. Honesty is the way to be.... Georgi, you are a sweetheart, you don't think you are the ONLY person on this board to receive meds from more than ONE doc do you? No one condones it but I once had someone tell ME not to feel bad until I have more than 4 docs prescribing me meds...

I wish I had more than kind words to offer you. You know what you need to do.. it's now a matter of how badly you want it.

Chris

Hey Chris, I just read your post and do you think methadone would be good for me too. I thought that methadone was hard to come off of? Is it as badly addictive as the oxys? just curious

Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corissa3 View Post
Whats up girl?

Chris

Chris!

you and me? are like twins? how is it that you post what i want to say before me? we? think alike? yeah?

See I told you! You are my Brother!.................Hes my Brother..hes my friend! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid!

Peace in a Jeep,
Going going, gone Green!
K

Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygirl View Post
Hey Chris, I just read your post and do you think methadone would be good for me too. I thought that methadone was hard to come off of? Is it as badly addictive as the oxys? just curious
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OG!

I am posting about immaculate zeros from metadone! are you flipping crazy?

CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Handle this!

Peace Girl Peace! No METHODONE!

K

Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

RSD, u truly are my twin (so you better not change)
You crack me up! I so enjoy your half coherent posts... but thats what makes me like u!

Oxygirl... methadone is TWICE as hard to come off than heroin. Methadone has its place.

I will never be one to say its right or wrong for anyone. I can however tell you it saved my life. If it didn't exist, nor would I. I am not being melodramatic and I have tears in my eyes right now because it's now and only now that what I just told you is true.

It works wonders for my pain. I have ZERO desire to get high and although my temptation to use is getting harder to fight, they are NOT the same. I don't miss getting high, I miss everything that comes with gettiing high and that is human interaction.

I want to write a book so desperately because I know I can connect with people and I am not writing from a text book,, I am walking, living proof of what these drugs do, don't do and what to expect.

Im falling asleep..... yes I did slightly overdue the carries....some privelidge huh? Im such a failure at times.

Ill be back.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
(female)

Nite nite brother! Chris I wasn't judgeing anyone about methadone ...some need it...I don't...its bad for me and I just didn't want OG even going there ....

Worse than heroin...it is! I rather zero from oxys once a month then zero from methadone ....

Just saying is all!

Gone green.........

Sunfire

Closed Thread