It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

zoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB User
suboxone

Hi, I'm new to this message board and have many questions. I recently started taking suboxone, 3 weeks, 3 8mg SL strips, down to 2 strips and I;m in so much pain. Went to a pain clinic for 2 years and was taking 6- 30mg oxycodone, and they closed for the 3rd time and I was in bad WD.
I took 20mg oxycodone for a migrain after taking the sub. Am I in real trouble.
HAVE to work tomorrow.
Please advise and thanks for being there.
zg

Old 04-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: suboxone

what exactly is your question?

are you worried that you might have adverse effects? Doubt it.

if they will find out that you took both? Doubt it, if you have a few days btween pee tests... otherwise I am not sure what your Q is......

Let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

note: oxycodone will not affect a migraine nor a headache for that matter.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
(male)

underground1322 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiegrace View Post
Hi, I'm new to this message board and have many questions. I recently started taking suboxone, 3 weeks, 3 8mg SL strips, down to 2 strips and I;m in so much pain. Went to a pain clinic for 2 years and was taking 6- 30mg oxycodone, and they closed for the 3rd time and I was in bad WD.
I took 20mg oxycodone for a migrain after taking the sub. Am I in real trouble.
HAVE to work tomorrow.
Please advise and thanks for being there.
zg
Well sounds like you were on oxies for pain, about 2 80mgs a day you were taking. If you went on suboxone it must be because you were abusing the roxies, but at that dosage there should be no reason that the subs aren't completely covering your withdrawls, i might have missed something. Are you withdrawling or in pain from whatever your pain is. Well thats pretty hard to tell anyways when your withdrawling or in pain how can you differenciate.

ARENT OPIATES AWSOME? Sometimes I think and realize that drugs will be the end of this world, one way or the other.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground1322 View Post
Well sounds like you were on oxies for pain, about 2 80mgs a day you were taking. If you went on suboxone it must be because you were abusing the roxies, but at that dosage there should be no reason that the subs aren't completely covering your withdrawls, i might have missed something. Are you withdrawling or in pain from whatever your pain is. Well thats pretty hard to tell anyways when your withdrawling or in pain how can you differenciate.

ARENT OPIATES AWSOME? Sometimes I think and realize that drugs will be the end of this world, one way or the other.
My back has 4 herniated discs and my pain clinic closed when my RX was due.
Never took more than prescribed, but had to find a doc fast for subs, which don't work for a f for the pain, but allowed me to go to work.
I hate the subs and need something for pain. Just had a new MRI and my sub doc says I have to be on them for a year, which costs me $500 a week. No way. Don't know what to do. Need a good pain doc, one than doesn't close everyother month, any suggestions. No WD from the subs, but I get up at 5am and in bed by 7pm the pain is so bad. Thanks for responding. Feel all alone in this hell of pain.
zg

Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
My back has 4 herniated discs and my pain clinic closed when my RX was due.
Never took more than prescribed, but had to find a doc fast for subs, which don't work for a f for the pain, but allowed me to go to work.
I hate the subs and need something for pain. Just had a new MRI and my sub doc says I have to be on them for a year, which costs me $500 a week. No way. Don't know what to do. Need a good pain doc, one than doesn't close everyother month, any suggestions. No WD from the subs, but I get up at 5am and in bed by 7pm the pain is so bad. Thanks for responding. Feel all alone in this hell of pain.
zg

Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Talking Re: suboxone

I screwed up and took 4 10mg percs because I couldn't take the pain, didn't help. I'm such an idiot. Back on the subs at 7am when the WD started.
My doctor told me there was pain med in the subs and I keep telling him I'm in pain. He ignores me, takes my $150 and tells me to come back next week.
I'm so FUed over all of this. I was on oxycodone 30mg 6 times a day for the past 2 years and it worked, I didn't get high. Made me able to live my life, work and enjoy my grand kids. I don't know what to do. They will want to do back surgery and I'll loose my job, house and insurance if I take 3 months off to recover, and who will pay my bills. My husband died 4 years ago of stage 4 melanoma of the brain, so it's just me.
Thanks for being there for me to vent. I need all the help and support I can get to people who understand real pain.
zg

Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
(male)

Norcoguy HB UserNorcoguy HB User

Im in no shape to give advise here but ill try...Before you go on suboxone you gotta have an end game for the actual real pain, In my case though i wanna go pure med free with nothing in my system, so i can evaluate my pains and see whats real and whats opiate caused.

The Following User Says Thank You to Norcoguy For This Useful Post:
zoiegrace (04-27-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

I want to go back on pain meds if I can find a doc that will give them to me. I only went on the subs because my pain clinic closed and I was detoxing like a MF and I could not miss any work. I also have 2 bad shoulders, one with a small tear in the rotator cuff with bone spurs, and pain in my left shoulder nearer to my heart from a 9mm gunshot wound from my first husband in 1978, scar tissue. . The subs are just keeping me from detoxing and in Fla they have closed most pain clinics do to people doctor shopping and coming from out of state, which they stopped. So now all docs think you are a junkie just to get high. F pisses me off. I've been on the subs for almost a month and am ready to jump off a bridge if I don't get some relief from the pain
Are you on subs??
Thanks for responding
zg

Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

have you considered asking your doc to switch you to Methadone? This has a much better pain coverage base.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Thanks for responding. I saw the sub doc and told him how much pain I'm in, he ignores or say everyone has herinated discs and spinal stenosis. And it all from smoking cigs for the past 40 years, like I'm a child. He just wants his money and sends me off with another srcipt for subs. He was to have a name of an ortho doc for me, he forgot and told me to call hospitals to find my own doctor.
I want to go back to pain management. This is costing me over $500 a month, but it's difficult due to all the pain clinics that have closed. Really don't know how to go about all of this as I am new, and never had a problem with my pain clinic, until it closed and I was out of my 30mg oxycodone, 6 times a day, so I guess tthat is a big problem.
Does methadone help with the pain??
Thanks for your help,
zg

Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I saw the sub doc and told him how much pain I'm in, he ignores or say everyone has herinated discs and spinal stenosis. And it all from smoking cigs for the past 40 years, like I'm a child. He just wants his money and sends me off with another srcipt for subs. He was to have a name of an ortho doc for me, he forgot and told me to call hospitals to find my own doctor.
I want to go back to pain management. This is costing me over $500 a month, but it's difficult due to all the pain clinics that have closed. Really don't know how to go about all of this as I am new, and never had a problem with my pain clinic, until it closed and I was out of my 30mg oxycodone, 6 times a day, so I guess tthat is a big problem.
Does methadone help with the pain??
Thanks for your help,
zg

YES, METHADONE DOES HELP WITH THE PAIN. I have heard so many stories of people on suboxone that didn't rec pain relief but did receive relief on mehtadone.
For me, its a miracle drug. I have 2 herniated discs... T7-8 and the usual L5-S1.
I take my lil ol' drink in the morn and I am a champion all day long, all day strong!
I don't bother with the Na-sayers of methadone. It's the dickens to kick but it's not even like you have to kick it. The government approves it and thats all that I need to justify my usage.

Don't jump into anything, even if I condone it j/k ... look into for yourself because ultimately, it's your life.

i can tell you that Florida isn't very methadone friendly. When I go there, I get whats called a "courtesy dose". It was almost impossible for me to find a place and it's pretty expensive.

Things may have changed but it was pretty tough for me and I had to drive almost 2 hrs a day to get it.

Here where I live, there are 4 clinics within 15 minutes of each other.

Last edited by corissa3; 04-25-2011 at 06:13 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
zoiegrace (04-27-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

o you have to go somewhere everyday to get methadone?? Is there pills of methdone, or is it all liquid. I'm such a newbie to all of this. Who gives you the script, do you go to a pain management clinic.
ZG

Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Methadone comes in pills just like any other pain med. You can get a script from your Pain Management doc, or your regular doc, whoever manages your pain control. You get a normal script for a months supply just like you would any other medication. I have not used it personally, I've been on several different other meds, but my father in law swears by it for back pain. I've been a Chronic Pain patient and on narcotic pain meds daily for 8 yrs now.

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
zoiegrace (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Its AMAZING how methadone differs by area(s).

Here, where I live, methadone is a LIQUID. I have heard of pills but never seen them. ONLY A METHADONE doc can prescribe it and you only get a ONE WEEK supply and you have to leave a urine every 7 days.
By one week supply I mean 6 days... On the 7th day, you have to be witnessed taking the drink. Since I had only 1 dirty urine in 10 months, I get a 2 week supply at a time.

When I travel to Florida, its a liquid also, and the ONLY clinic is 2 hours away. And it's funny (no not really) how the area surrounding the clinic is so run down.

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
zoiegrace (04-27-2011)
Closed Thread