It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: I'm out of pills!

norcoguy u may have to go to the ER and tell them what is going on. I feel so badly for you. my gosh this is why i am so scared of withdrawls. there is really no easy was out of this is there? You are through 2 days though. Please try to stick it out. I will pray for you okay? and you have a wonderful wife. Send her some roses. yellow is my favorite. ask her what her favorite color is and just do it when this is over. good luck my friend

The following user gives a hug of support to oxygirl:
Norcoguy (04-25-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #17
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corissa3 View Post
Norco,

all kidding aside, get to a doctor for a script for Suboxone or Methadone..... they were created for a reason. You are going to go thru hell my friend.

I say get to a dr NOW before you put other people in harms way... I say this as a friend.

Your about to experience things no human being should. I have been to a couple of rehabs and let me tell you, maybe one, MAYBE one person succeeds cold turkey out of 100 addicts.

OK NORCO, I am only telling you this cuz your story not only brought a tear to my eye but also made me mad as hell.

I've been where you've been and I don't see why you will take narcotics to ruin your life but won't take them to heal you. (No disrespect bro but when I say YOU I am referring to all those who try it cold turkey) Do you realize the turmoil going on in your body right now? The havoc you are wreaking on it, and OTHERS?

For christ sakes man, swallow your pride and come off the drugs humanely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #18
(female)

free1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corissa3 View Post
OK NORCO, I am only telling you this cuz your story not only brought a tear to my eye but also made me mad as hell.

I've been where you've been and I don't see why you will take narcotics to ruin your life but won't take them to heal you. (No disrespect bro but when I say YOU I am referring to all those who try it cold turkey) Do you realize the turmoil going on in your body right now? The havoc you are wreaking on it, and OTHERS?

For christ sakes man, swallow your pride and come off the drugs humanely.
oh my big Chris......so do you feel I am borrowed time before I use again? 1% chance of full recovery....Huh? so, do you think I quit cold in vain...the pain from start to almost finished..was hell! thats why center make you suffer a bit...you want NO DT"s, they have treatments where they can put to sleep while you DT..so the bad never happened...it does not work for those people...why you ask? cuz they dont experience the stuff we did...you are really making it hard for me to keep moving, you are mean! lol

Narco,
i am in your place too...only 5 months ahead..you have to hang in there....We are alot alike in the sense of our work backgraound...Ever heard that saying? Const. Workers..DO IT HARDER!

DO IT HARDER! No one could make me quit...I had too..I suffer from pain but i have some pain control measures in place...so it is easy to manage the pain a bit..its hard too, but i get thru...just like a job from hell!

Hey, your Wife..is an angel! I triple Dog Dare you to post on the Desperate House Wives thread...lmao...you are cool..thanks

Occupy your mind.....i stillsee lil blue pills all over, but i think it is my mind purging those suckers.stay out of your head..build something..model car (i do that) IPOD it....volunteer...do things that make other people that make you happy...Good Luck and Pease
Kim

The Following User Says Thank You to free1day For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
(male)

Norcoguy HB UserNorcoguy HB User

Day 3, (Night of horror) Well i missed work today...i barley had the energy to call, but i called and told em im not coming in, they asked why and my mind was really to tired to come up with a lie or explain so i just said "cause im not" and hung up, there goes 300 bucks...
Last night, i got like 2 hours of sleep the whole night, i poped advil pm's and drank halk a bottle of nyquill trying to put myself out, i even thought about wacking myself on the back of the head with a bat to put myself out! the waves of pain seemed to come in intervals, from the core of my bones, I wrapped heating pads around both arms and then bound em with rope as tight as i could, but really nothing could be done, i just had to take each wave of pain as it came, and keep my breathing right, But i am hopeful tonight will be good, now that my body sucked what was left of the opiates from my bones, It took about everything i had to shower today (wow i needed it) today has really not been as bad as yesturday, except i have no appetite at all, we have a hottub wich im gonna use later, if i can drag myself out there, (Another weird thing is my sex drive has been real high last 2 days) I do plan on going to work tommorow.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

hey norcoman, hang in there, your nearing the turning point to where you should start feeling a little better each there. its usually day 3-4 and u already said your a little better than the night before. try over the counter benadryl for sleep. and yes haha the increased libido is definately a great side effect from coming off the opiates after having it surpressed for so long. keep goin and dont look back

The Following User Says Thank You to icehouse3z For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-26-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #21
(male)

Day 4, Got some sleep last night, but not alot, kept watching golden girls most the night (weird i always hated that show) took a strange comfort in it,
Im off to work! stiff as hell, like ive been through an intence work out the past couple days but ive really done nothing, Just wish i could taste a decent cup of coffee again.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoguy View Post
Day 4, Got some sleep last night, but not alot, kept watching golden girls most the night (weird i always hated that show) took a strange comfort in it,
Im off to work! stiff as hell, like ive been through an intence work out the past couple days but ive really done nothing, Just wish i could taste a decent cup of coffee again.

Amen

Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
(male)

(Day 4 at work) My dreaded day of work pill free was horrible...The whole world felt like it was on fast forward and i couldnt keep up...The smallest tasks were taking me forever to do, i felt i was learning everything over and although the world was moving fast around me, time was moving slow, i felt like i worked 12 hours at noon, I kept thinking how do these guys (my co-workers) do this sober, i wonder how many of these guys are using pills or some kinda drugs to get bye, Without my pill reward to look forward to, i didnt feel like doing anything, i did go home early, told em i was still quoosy from yesturday, but now being home is no better, since i have no pills here either, wow lifes not much fun anymore!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 AM   #24
(male)

(Day 5) this will be my last post of my detox since Im stabalized from the rollercoaster but...So tired...So unmotivated....Seems like its been months since i had any pills but its only been 5 days...the world just doesnt feel right.

The following user gives a hug of support to Norcoguy:
dee088 (04-28-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Norcoguy For This Useful Post:
dee088 (04-28-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #25
Veteran
(male)

Dont let it be the last... You can't walk me 5 miles into a park with nothing in it only to find a sea saw then after all that work tell me you have 'roids and can't do your part! Don't let it be the last.

When I w/d, the 5th day came and I went on my bed (first time since I was 6 yrs old). I totally get the fast forward feeling... only mine was more of an out of body experience. Felt like I was watching what I was doing as a 3rd person. Horrible, horrible... and it's that very thought that will keep me from using again.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #26
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Norco, keep posting! You ARE helping others out there in some way! I have been following you since the beginning. I think highly of you as do the others on board. Corissa was right in her post. Just keep going! I say a prayer every night for you and your family. You just give me hope for my sister, 25 year herion user. I distant myself from her being on drugs being high. My daughter does not know her aunt nor do I know my sister. Keep going and keep posting!

The following user gives a hug of support to dee088:
Norcoguy (04-28-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
(male)

(Day 6) I feel like a zombie, not much to report had a craving for a DQ blizzard today, So had to get one, that was weird havnt wanted one of those in years, Appetite is coming back today, my diet most of the last 6 days has been a piece of toast and jam in the morning with a zink b-12 and C vitamin, nothing for lunch and a can of split pee and ham for dinner, with a garlic , fish oil and multi vitamin, at night, but gonna eat heavier tonight...
Physical withdraws are OVER! now my back, neck, elbow, knee, shoulder, real pains have shined through.
mental is getting rough!! War of the Mind and Spirit has begun... i keep thinking to myself "hmm being on those pills wasnt so bad!, maybe i should go back? i wonder if i can?, hmm what can i tell the doctor to re-up my RX, after i told him im done with pills forever." Also brain telling me "hey you've done a good job, see your in control, you deserve your pills now".
I think i want the physical W/D's back over these mental ones !

Last edited by Norcoguy; 04-28-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
Veteran
(male)

NORCO, YOU WON'T FAIL, YOU WON'T TAKE ANOTHER PILL.. WHY? BECAUSE LOSING IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF!

You will not fail in your attempt of being clean because you will not just be letting yourself down. If you fail now, you give power to those who doubted you and thought or think you are too weak to do it! YOU ARE NOT WEAK!

From today forward, you can and will have so much control over your destiny and you can do whatever you want as long as you keep your eye on the prize!

You are a friend of mine now Norco and none of my friends are ever allowed to give into temptation because there are no excuses, ever!

You have given so many people the strength to at least consider quitting their addiction... do you know the power and responsibility you have now even at your weakest, you are making others stronger.

I won't carry on and I'm sorry for having a moment but never underestimate your presence here.. EVER! You offer so much meaning, and many of the posters here do.. some more than others but you are giving meaning to the meaningless, that's not something YOU (as the person I have come to know) take lightly.

Last edited by corissa3; 04-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-29-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #29
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

stick to the script bro, its worth it!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-29-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #30
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Norco,

Can I ask a question? I'm not trying to be negative, and I'm not trying to discourage anyone on this site, you are all awesome warriors.

So, here goes....Why did you stop taking your pain meds? It seems you were on them for legit pain, were you just starting to abuse them?

I ask this only because I don't see where you say why you stopped, and I'm a CP patient on heavy Narcotics daily for 8 yrs now. But I don't get any buzz or euphoria from them, my body works wierd. I get no "feeling" from them at all, except a control of my pain. Someone commented to me the other day that i was lucky to get to have that buzz all the time....I just looked at him, like huh? Buzz? whatcha talking about. I even forget to take a dose, or if I don't take it at the right time at night I'll skip my morphine because it causes me to not sleep, but I have no physical reaction or mental need to get those pills.

I understand if you don't want to answer, I'm really just curious I guess. I do hope you're feeling better and that you can get this behind you soon.

kat

Closed Thread