It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

Norcoguy HB UserNorcoguy HB User
I'm out of pills!

Ok...Well...gee....Just took the last of my oxys my doctor gave me to get off norco (Go figure) He gave me 1 rx of 50 30mg to use for my worst wd's (And only at work), i agreed because oxy wasnt my drug of choice..So i figure, yeah sounds good! oxy should be easy for me to dump. Well gee...those damn things were quite tasty, if fact i started thinking i really like em, So i gobbled em all down, in a fraction of the time they were suppose to last.
So now here i sit typing with an upside down empty pill bottle beside my laptop, Getting ready for the real thing! Damn i knew this day was coming but did it have to be today? I do wanna quit more than anything! (well anything except for getting more pills) <-----joke gonna be an intersting weekend, Ill post if im able.

Last edited by Norcoguy; 04-22-2011 at 06:20 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Norcoguy:
mgm55 (04-23-2011)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: Im out of pills!

wow, odd taper..I feel for ya man.. try to have a decent weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: I'm out of pills!

double wow!!! sounds like it is gong to be a tough weekend for ya. but make the best of it. we are here for you so stay strong and keep us posted

The Following User Says Thank You to dee088 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Norco,

all kidding aside, get to a doctor for a script for Suboxone or Methadone..... they were created for a reason. You are going to go thru hell my friend.

I say get to a dr NOW before you put other people in harms way... I say this as a friend.

Your about to experience things no human being should. I have been to a couple of rehabs and let me tell you, maybe one, MAYBE one person succeeds cold turkey out of 100 addicts.

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
(male)

Thank guys...Just got up to start my saturday, went to the kitchen to grab my coffee and pills...oh opps there are none, i missed a dose yesturday so im already feeling stiff and foggy as hell, im usally reading the news about now waiting for my pills to kick in to be off to work...but instead im typing to a&r cyber world with one eye open...i made a list of reasons to quit and memorized it, so im gonna mind over matter and just keep repeating them to myself over and over, i know everything about suboxone but thats an absolute last resort for me.
ill post again tonight, if my arms arnt to broken to type

OnThaBayou (04-26-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Is there any way you can contact your Dr. and ask for something less potent to at least take the edge off? I would assume you should be weaned off any drug that strong.

Good luck...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
(male)

Well about 6 weeks ago i went from 200mg of norco to 120 of oxy that seemed like an improvement at the time, since i really do have pain issues (but were not to discuss legitimate use of narcotics on this forum) and i have to work and i have to work hard (like construction hard) my wife is houswife...without my income we would be crushed in a month. The oxys were meant to get me through my 13 hour work day only, But its odvious im not responsible enough to handle opiate painkillers of any kind anymore, Im so sick of the addiction and pain combo i feel its killing me...I really want out.

Last edited by Norcoguy; 04-23-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Some people are very sensative to any kind of meds. I can't even take a Tylenol without feeling sleepy. I don't blame you for wanting off but it is hard to work when in pain.

Hopefully when you see your Dr. you can ask for something a bit milder so you won't have that terrible feeling when your without. Have you ever had any physical therapy for your problem, some folks swear by it?

Have a good day and best of wishes...JJ...

Old 04-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
(male)

yeah i went down alotta those roads before using opiates, like PT, acupucture, pain classes, yoga, tons of musle relaxers, non narcotic drugs,...All helpful, but my main problems require probably about three differnt surgerys to fix..and thats allota down time and even more temporary pain, and when i got my last surgery after getting that anestisia my nervous system has never been the same, (been scared of surgerys ever since)
A few years ago i fracured a vertabrae and didnt know it, thought it was just another pain, And it healed all wrong, and is causing alotta problems now.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
(female)

SWEETIE65 HB User

Hey there I REALLY feel for you I have been where you are MANY times but never heard of a dr prescribe oxy to get you off norco GOD bless you!!! Me personally i have NEVER liked oxy as they do absolutely NOTHING for me. I would ask for some suboxone,even though you consider it your last resort it WILL help what you are about to go through. Good luck to you and keep us posted we are here for you!!!! Drop me a line anytime you want i will answer you back.

The Following User Says Thank You to SWEETIE65 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-24-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User

norco guy- go now to a really goo health/vit store n see if they have pure mangosteen juice-no-call 1st - may behard to find-but if u can get some it may save you the terrible wd-i was slammed into wd because my dr thought opana was twice as strong as oxycontin-orally taken it iis not-but this mangsteen juice shut down the wd symptoms so now aM ONLY IN severe paain=good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to BB07 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-24-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
(female)

dhill2020 HB User
Thumbs up Re: I'm out of pills!

Hi there brother I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if you really do want to get off and stay off then its time to get busy and do it right. Go to your employer and be honest with him, tell him you got addicted and ask him to put you in rehab, most employers that are union cannot say no to you. At least it will be medically supervised that way and they will give you meds to help. It may not be the meds you want but they will keep you from seizing & help comfort you, oh, if your employer says no, the county of every city has a drug and alcohol program for re-hab but you have to be adamate about it and keep calling back no matter what they tell you, they want to see if you really mean it. You may have to wait a couple days for a bed if your in a big city but you can get there! Go for it man, this is the rest of your life we're talking about! You will get there brother if you want it bad enough, if not, there are plenty more bottoms out there for you. Good Luck from the bottom of my heart.

The Following User Says Thank You to dhill2020 For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

hey Norcoguy, I hate this for you! I have never heard of getting roxis for withdrawls. those suckers are as addictive as god knows what! they are most horrible to try to come off of. How are you doing btw. has it been one or two days yet? Take care.....

The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
Norcoguy (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #14
(male)

Wow!...Day 1 was nothing i musta had alotta the drug still in my system, But today is a nightmare.... I feel really confused walking around the house not knowing what the hell im doing, dont know left from right and up from down, My mind has gone into race mode trying to come up with more pills, (how sick!!) old supressed pains are resurfacing.. mental and physical, The days tasks seem unimportant and not worth doing. my coffee tastes horrible, And the thought of work tommorow is really worring me. I wonder if day 3 is worse than day 2? if thats the case im in big trouble.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
(male)

I post this not for any responses (im serious) but for a personal public log of my healing to look back on...Today was really bad maybe worst day of my life...Went bed to couch many times...finding little comfort in anything...wife has been outstanding she is a saint. she gave up one of her vices on a whim today, just to be with me threw this and to understand better.
My legs are probably the worst as far as pain, (although pain is intence from head to toe) around noon today i began to get really ****** at this, and said "this is retarded and not even happening", i totally reject this..I pretended beifly that this was all in my head got dressed packed my gym bag and headed out..I figured skrew driving ill walk to ballys wich is a short distance from me, I got to about the end of my road where i seriously fell to a knee in a blackout..i wanted to just lay in the street and knap for a while, after awhile i regained my composure and went home broken hearted with my tail between my legs, emotional rollercoaster all damn day!

dee088 (04-25-2011)
Closed Thread