It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
immodium for withdrawals??

i think there is another thread or whatevs..but Ive been reading for about 4 hours online of the use of over the counter immodium (also called loperimade which is an opioid agonist) to ease withdrawals by up to 90%.

I Must have read about 50 accounts of people saying that in larger doses (20 - 30 mg a day roughly), immodium COMPLETELY took away the sweats, aches, and allowed them to sleep while withdrawing from their D.O.C. (note: for people withdrawing from say heroin or high oxy habits i.e. 120 mg a day range where withdrawals are almost unbearable). One guy got off a heroin habit in 10 days, and went to work each day; slept everynight also!?

Of course theres the debate that it will back you up for weeks, but any opiate does that; if you are tolerant to opiates you know you dont get backed up anymore. Just found it interesting.

and it doesnt cross the blood brain barrier, so there is no euphoria, hence over the counter availability.

Has anyone tried this?

Last edited by second go; 04-24-2011 at 10:26 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
corissa3 (04-26-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: immodium for withdrawals??

I meant to thank you for this.... been in a bad mood lately. I passed info on to someone "in need". I ll find out soon enough.

YOU ROCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

i think you should post the ENTIRE post. It certainly got MY attention.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

dunno what mods would say. I read multiple posts yesterday, for about 4 hours online from 6 or 7 diff sites, but there was one comprehensive thread with 17 pages. ill pm it to ya for now. well worth reading i say!

Old 04-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

pm me if you want source:

"Re: loperamide
I think I talked about the first couple of days of the kick in one of the other posts, but here's what I have done and experienced.

First and foremost, I have been really really wanting to get clean for a lot of different reasons but one of the big ones was the amount of ******* money I was ******* away to maintain a pretty big IV Heroin habit.

Before I started to detox, I bought # 90 50mg in hopes that it might help. Well last saturday at like 6 am was my last shot of heroin, 9 hours +/- after that I started feeling the horrors so I started popping tramadol. Now this was all I was takin for the first 2 days, and it helped a tiny tiny bit, but really not much at all. I still felt like complete ****!

It was the evening of the 2nd night when I remembered that I had a box of Loperamide that I had saved form a while ago. I took 50 mgs and HOLY ****! About two hours after that I felt better. SOOOO Much better it was a difference of night and day. There was absolutely not euphoria or anything. It just stopped almost all of the withdrawal symptoms. The only thing that really wasn't blocked was the yawning and lacrimation ( eye tearing), and even this was much less frequent than before I started the lope.

So after discovering the magic of this I kept dosing between 44-50mgs for the first 4 days every 12 hours. Like I said above the only symptom that really was noticable was the yawning and eye tearing that accompanies that. Also my energy level was pretty low, as to be expected, but nothing that kept me from going about my days normally. Oh yea and everynight I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING!!! That to me was the most amazing surprise.

After day 3-4 I cut it down to 30-36 every 12 hours.
Days 5-6 I started dosing only once every 24 hours and on day 5 I took probably 28 mgs, and today I only took 20mgs.

Tomorrow I'll probably do 10-15 mgs. and see how I feel. I may stay at 10 +/- for a two days and then just stop all together and see how I feel.

Some of you may be wondering how this is effecting my digestion. Well obviously it has backed me up and slowed things down a lot. I have also been taking colace along with this ( it's a stool softener) and consuming a lot of fiber. Well much to my surprise my bm's are no worse than they are when I am on regular opies. In fact it was MORE regular than when i'm on normal opies. So taking colace, fiber and drinking a lot of water/fluids and I have had not problem in the digestion department.

**** Remember, this has been my personal experience, I cannot guarantee this will work for you ( or even how it will turn out for me since I am almost done, but not quite) but I really hope this brings hope to any of my fellow opiophiles who are really serious about dropping their habit..*****

I am thinking another 2-3 days and I will be completely clean from EVERYTHING!!! What a Christmas present huh? This has given me so much hope and so much self esteem, and for once I actually feel like I CAN do this and be free once and hopefully for all. I am already getting my life back and I feel so good about myself. I really hope that this will bring hope to other addicts who have been trying but have not had any success and cannot turn to methadone or suboxone.

If you guys have any questions please let me know, i'll be more than happy to try and answer. Keep trying and don't give up. This site is a community of great and amazing people. We all have something in common and you can always find the support you need in tougher times. I really hope my story inspires and brings hope. Thanks for reading urrybody!

PS. Sorry for the long post, I had no intention of writing that much. One more thing, my testimony is 100% true and accurate. I did not make anything up nor did I forget to add anything. I used NO BENZOS, NO CLONIDINE, nothing but what was mentioned. The only other meds I used beside the Lope and the little bit of tramadol (which I stopped after day 4) was diphenhydaramine (benadryl) at night to help fall asleep, which I did not need everynight, just a few nights last week. I can't guarantee this will do the same for everyone else, but it might."

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
heather416 (05-24-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

trippy reading that. My concerns would be constipation, possible fecal impaction (bad-emergency room-yikes). but with stool softener i dunno, and like i said, all opiates slow the gastrointestinal tract, they are all anti-diarhea meds essentially. Immodium is just branded as that because u cant get high, it IS an opioid agonist by chemistry. If u've been on opiates long, youre somewhat immune to the constipation.

other concern would be possible withdrawal symtoms from immodium. But several people said it is an easy taper off in 3 days, and very minor symptoms for 2 or 3 days. hmmmm

Last edited by second go; 04-25-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
(male)

Norcoguy HB UserNorcoguy HB User

I picked up some today...but i could only find 2mg tablets...i would have to take the whole box to make the recommended 40 mg for wd's...anyway i did take two. No noticeable change yet

Old 04-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Norcoguy I think you would have to take more than 2. and Second Go I am going to wait to see what Corissa's friend says because this sounds like an awesome idea. It would be wonderful almost like a miracle. Well it would be a miracle!

Thank you so much for looking for stuff and continuing to help those of us on here who are still strattling the fence or having issues.

Btw.....has anyone heard from Musicman. I am worried about him. Either he is totally clean and just not had time to post or he may be upset and relapsed. either way I would like to know he is okay.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Second go, my friend thanks you from the bottom of her heart for the info. Apparently, its working.

She thinks it could do better at a higher dose as she has only taken 30mg for fear of "impaction". She, like I, giggled when I suggested it... who would have thought? Immodium to the rescue!

My hats off to you Second for bringing this up... I know its not a new discovery but I don't care about the how, why, who, or what, just that you did.

I was dreading having this friend suffer and so far, she is convinced it will be even better when she goes the full throttle.

THIS IS ONCE IN MY LIFE WHEN I WISH I COULD RETURN THE FAVOR.... U REALLY HAVE NO IDEA what you have done!

Last edited by corissa3; 04-26-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Another call from her just now...... said she up'd the dose and although it did help, not like she thought. Now she is worried that it might have been the "mind over matter" theory but I explained what was laid out in the forum (no idea what a forum is... she's been a bad girl for a long long time) and I think she may have got it.

SHe can read so I directed her here so I'll see how it goes. Her symptoms went from a 9 and 10 out of 10 for pain, discomfort etc to under a 5 FOR SURE. When one is w/d, and they have enuf NRG to roam, walk and do things, I'd say its working for sure.

Im not in a position to help her thru this. Its very much diffrent online, I don't have to see anyone if I don't want too and l can shut down if I need to.

My dream yesterday solidified my position of weakness. I dreamt of a rather large bag of my ol' addiction Mr. Cole Caine. I did the entire bag in less than a few hours. Now, it was JUST A DREAM , but I was so ****** that I didn't get to do the real thing that I know now I am not ready for the "independence" I so long for.

SOrry, didnt mean to jack ur thread.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

ye Norcoguy, you need to take 10 or 20 of the 2mg tablets (not gel caps for ome reason). You can get bottles of 96mg at (costc)you know tha place or (wallm). Note: I ONLY POSTED THIS FOR YOU TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, NOT JUST READ WHAT I WROTE, ALWAYS INVESTIGATE FULLY FOR YOURSELF OR CONSULT W A DOC BEFORE CONSIDERING ANYTHING --Heres some more quotes:

"hey, *** ******, thanks for your report.

actually your the first person that I have read much about, that used loperamide almost alone, to counteract heroin withdrawal specifically...
so its great that your shared your experience.

I wish I would have know that loperamide was used for withdrawal for many many years...I had no idea it was even an opioid till I was told this around 8 years ago."

-------------

"its been about 6 days since my last hit of heroin, and i am feeling pretty good. I have also cut down the lope considerably and am almost completely clean from EVERYTHING. I take one dose a day and have cut it down to about 20mgs per day. I was really happy with how this has helped me with detoxing. I'll keep everyone posted with the progress."

------------

"So ** *******,
Are you saying that you are only dosing 20mg of Lop per day? No other Opies for 6 days?
And that this has been a relatively painless taper from H?
What are your plans from here on out? Just keep lowering the lop doses until you're done?
Thats amazing and inspirational"

------------

"So let me get this straight: you go from a daily 1g of H to virtually nothing in six days with no suffering, using only a little bit of immodium to help you, and by day 10 or 12 you will be completely clean of everything.

Are we looking at a real-life modern-day miracle here, or what??"

Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

From my female friend who has tried this ... she is grateful for the info. It is helping but now she is reluctant to discuss it fearing I may JINX it.... Boy, we addicts are weird at times (not as weird as a crack head) but definitely weird. Ok SHE feels good enough to attempt going back to work as a bingo runner so I would say they work!

just my .02..... even if this is total BS, as long as it works and they believe it does, and theres no harm in it then who the hell cares!

Last edited by corissa3; 04-27-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corissa3 View Post
From my female friend who has tried this ... she is grateful for the info. It is helping but now she is reluctant to discuss it fearing I may JINX it.... Boy, we addicts are weird at times (not as weird as a crack head) but definitely weird. Ok SHE feels good enough to attempt going back to work as a bingo runner so I would say they work!

just my .02..... even if this is total BS, as long as it works and they believe it does, and theres no harm in it then who the hell cares!
Chris when she is finished and the jinxing period is over with, please I ask you to share this with us exactly how she did it and what she thought. I feel better with it actually coming from one we know or know through someone that has tried it.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

I agree, Ive yet to hear of someone COMPLETELY getting clean. Even the quote I put up, he was on day 10, but It has a 36hr halflife, so he might have still been feeling good from his dose 2 days ago??? I mean if theyre doing it, and its working thats one thing, but when they stop, are they going to get a withdrawal from the immodium?

But It could definitely get you out of some difficult work experiences. Ever wrk while withdrawing O-M-G!!!!

Last edited by second go; 04-28-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Closed Thread