It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

bullet00 HB User
Is Butrans as addicting as suboxone

HI,
I'm new here and I have a few questions. First, I have been on suboxone for 4 years and know how hard it is to get off. Because i have been trying to get off for the last year. But my question is about my father. He had a compression fracture in his back and was on Lortab 10 6 pills a day. then they added the butrans patch 5, then 10 now 20 and dropped the lortab 10 to 3 times a day. I feel the pills kept him out of pain better. He had a verteplasty procedure done and it is about 20% better. Now I'm worried he will be addicted to the butrans patch and still in pain. His doctor is gunho on keeping him on the patch. Are the butrans patches as addictive as suboxone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Is Butrans as addicting as suboxone

Hi there

My understanding is that the Butrans patch is a patch made with the opiate buprenorphine. Buprenorphine is also the opiod in suboxone. So I would assume the answer to your question is yes, the patches would also be addictive at the worst, or the patent would become dependent at the least. Anyone who uses an opiate for chronic pain becomes dependent on them. It is just the nature of the beast.

Try talking to the doctor about your concerns. It is nice to see someone concerned about a relative. :-)

Best wishes
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread