It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
(female)

CMFran82 HB User
pregnant and on suboxone..

Ok so Im pregnant with twins and I was deeply addicted to pain pills!! I could take 4 5/325 percocet at once and then 2 hours later pop 3 more just to keep the high going. If I didnt have percs I would take 2 60mg morphine to get what I considered a small buzz and just to get me through the night. So my questions is I been off the percs and morphs for 2 months with the help of suboxone and Im not sure if its safe. I just found out I was prego last week and Im making my calls as far as ob and my addiction doc. But Im really nervous bout having to stop taking suboxone due to my pregnancy because I know I will relapse and I know it sounds bad and I sound like a terrible mom but I cant do it without the suboxone. Im currently taking 2 mg suboxone 4x a day. And my husband wants me to quit cold turkey but I heard that if you do it can cause you to miss carry and we just recently lost a baby to sids not to long ago and thats why I quit the pain pills now because I was on them thru out my whole pregnancy and I feel like my addiction was and is to blame but I wasnt as bad and in my previous pregnancy I wasnt over doing it because my husband would monitor my meds and give them to me as needed but without this suboxone I would honestly be pill popping it up. Since suboxone came into my life I dont crave pain pills dont need em dont even really think bout them. My main concern is in regards to our unborn babies and the health of them. So anyone with any info on this please let me know??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread