It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
Heroin issues

I have a neighbor who says snorting heroin is just like pain pills. I say they are MORE addicting and faster. She says she resorts to this option only when she has used her pain meds ( oxycodone) up quicker than her 30 day supply should last. I think she is headed for trouble. I know nothing about heroin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: Heroin issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmommakat View Post
I have a neighbor who says snorting heroin is just like pain pills. I say they are MORE addicting and faster. She says she resorts to this option only when she has used her pain meds ( oxycodone) up quicker than her 30 day supply should last. I think she is headed for trouble. I know nothing about heroin

Well, you've come to the right place. Snorting heroin (although I have never tried it that way) is just like snorting oxycontin... I have witnessed H being snorted no less than 1000 times (literally). And yes, it is usually done so when the people ran out of their pills. H is cheaper than oxys and easier to obtain in my area than oxys so it would make sense for someone needing to supplement one for the other.

More dangerous? ABSOLUTELY. Heroin varies greatly from dealer to dealer whereas an oxy dose is the same through and through. Heroin, if close to pure will knock an oxy abuser into overdose rather easily so one might not want to use Heroin at all.

Lastly, she is not headed for trouble..... SHE'S KNEE DEEP IN IT RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by corissa3; 07-05-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
(female)

I do know there is white powder and brownish powder here on East Coast ( NC ). Thank Goodness they are snorting and not shooting up

Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Quote:
I do know there is white powder and brownish powder here on East Coast ( NC ). Thank Goodness they are snorting and not shooting up
Snorting heroin will only last so long. Herion users experience a rapid tolerance to the drug. It's cheaper to inject than to snort or smoke. It also is cleaner to inject because when you snort it, you are snorting the "cut" the dealer uses to increase his profit margin.

Lastly, when using the injection method, natural endorphines (the bodys natural opiates) are released to relieve the pain of the injection which increases the "pleasure" of heroin. It's all around bad news no matter what means are used and really, no method of illegal drug use is morally better than another but it's opinions like yours (without the proper information) which leads to untimely deaths.... And I say that with all due respect.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

I am scared of heroin all around regardless of how it is use and I am afraid for my neighbor as well

Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I am scared of heroin all around regardless of how it is use and I am afraid for my neighbor as well

Best thing for you to do is nothing. Let this "neighbour" be. Don't be rude or mean but just leave the neighbour to do his/her thing. Don't get involved. Let this person know if they need help to ask which I am sure won't happen unless they run out of money to buy their dope.

Closed Thread