It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

kimberly22 HB User
track marks

My husband is a heroin addict, currently clean as far as i know. i really dont feel liek playing detective because its not good for my sanity, but i cannot help but ask some people who might perhaps know the answer to my question.

at the end of his using period a few months ago, he had resorted to shooting up in his neck. this scared the ****** out of me, but apparently he had run out of places. the track marks looked like little dots, but with no bump.

this could be a complete coincidence, but a few days ago he had what appeared to be a mosquito bite directly over the place he used to shoot in his neck. it really looked liek a mosquito bite, but then i realized that i dont really know what it looks like right after you shoot up. does it look like a bugbite? if so, how long would that last? i ask because he has another one on the other side of his neck now and i am hoping its just a coincidence.

thanks everyone for taking your time~!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
Re: track marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly22 View Post
My husband is a heroin addict, currently clean as far as i know. i really dont feel liek playing detective because its not good for my sanity, but i cannot help but ask some people who might perhaps know the answer to my question.

at the end of his using period a few months ago, he had resorted to shooting up in his neck. this scared the ****** out of me, but apparently he had run out of places. the track marks looked like little dots, but with no bump.

this could be a complete coincidence, but a few days ago he had what appeared to be a mosquito bite directly over the place he used to shoot in his neck. it really looked liek a mosquito bite, but then i realized that i dont really know what it looks like right after you shoot up. does it look like a bugbite? if so, how long would that last? i ask because he has another one on the other side of his neck now and i am hoping its just a coincidence.

thanks everyone for taking your time~!

It's good that you haven't resorted to playing detective..not only not good for your sanity but not for the relationship either.

If I can help you any way I can it would be from my experience with heroin.

Think of the track marks like Pringles potato chips..... Instead of "Betcha can't eat just one"... Think of the track marks like "Betcha there will be more than one"..

Especially with the neck... he'd have to be VERY accurate to nail it the first time. Not saying the answer I gave is gospel cuz one thing I've learned is to never be surprised by an addict.

Last edited by corissa3; 08-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

kimberly22 HB User

so something that apears to be a bugbite (just one) would most likely not be a trackmark? i am not sure if it is still there today but it was the the entire day yesterday if that helps with knowing whether or not its a track mark.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

I wish I could give you the answer you NEED with 100% certainty but I cannot. This is the season for the lil bugs and if it's just one I would bet against it being a track mark.

With MY experience, like I said before, rarely would there just be one track mark.... most often, heroin users repeat the process several times and in doing so would leave more marks... If I had to bet on it, I would bet on it being a bug bite. Also, if it were that noticeable, I would think he would somehow someway try to cover it.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

kimberly22 HB User

thanks your knowledge is good. i guess i was wondering if they infact actually DID look like bug bites. because i didnt know if they did. do fresh track marks look like bug bites?

thanks so much!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
thanks your knowledge is good. i guess i was wondering if they infact actually DID look like bug bites. because i didnt know if they did. do fresh track marks look like bug bites?

thanks so much!

My answer is both good and bad...

At FIRST they may appear to look like a bug bite....depends on the quality of the heroin and what "cut" is in it.... Some lesser quality heroin will have a tendency to leave a bug bite mark but NOT a lasting one. If after a day or even a couple of hours, the swelling would go away and NO it would not look like a bug bite.

I think in this case..... the verdict is NOT GUILTY.

I hope this helps.. good luck... any other questions? I don't want to have had this awful addiction for nothing LOL..

Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
(female)

kimberly22 HB User

marvelous!! we must keep in touch! its so mch better to put a worry to rest wihout confronting him unless im positive something is us. its a bad dynamic, i dont want him to think of me as the enemy.

how long have you been clean?

Old 08-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
marvelous!! we must keep in touch! its so mch better to put a worry to rest wihout confronting him unless im positive something is us. its a bad dynamic, i dont want him to think of me as the enemy.

how long have you been clean?

22 minutes. Literally. By clean if you mean from "hard drugs" its been over a year... July 7 2010 to be exact..

I am on methadone and since its an opiate, I just took my dose 23 minutes ago. I was using heroin the last part of my addiction and cocaine for about 14 years... the cocaine usage time varies by when I decided to think I had a problem with it. I guess since I got addicted to it, I had a problem from the beginning.

Closed Thread