It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

Abi32 HB User
Unhappy I am addicted to Norco. I don't want to be. I hate this.

Someone please help me to know what I am about to go through. I am really scared. I've been taking 3 Norco a day for about 2 yrs now. I want with all of my heart to stop but I'm afraid of the withdrawals. I am 48 yrs old and I have to work. I cannot stay at home.
Can anyone tell me what to expect, how long it will last, and what I can do to make it easier. I am not in any kind of pain that Advil won't take care of so I don't need the Norco for pain. I hate myself for doing this and I want to quit. I'm down to 4 left. Please help.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: I am addicted to Norco. I don't want to be. I hate this.

Alot of people are on the same boat as you. It can be done. You know what the flu feels like right? In a nutshell, its 4-7 days of that feeling, and difficulty sleeping. Maintaining through work might be difficult, sorry to say.. you may need to take 2 sick days off or so. But look at it like something that you can endure and in a couple weeks you'll not need them anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to second go For This Useful Post:
Abi32 (09-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
(female)

olivia10 HB User

Hi there. I don't have too much advise since I am going into my first week clean after taking 7 to 8 norcos/day. The first four days were hell, but i had my baby at home with me, so I had to go on. I quit last Sunday and by Friday night I was having dinner with my husband. You just need a good sleep aid, ibuprofen for the aches and immodium. I also git some good advice and now take omega 3, b 12 and vitamin d. My energy is slowly coming back already! Take off your handcuffs, you can do this!

The Following User Says Thank You to olivia10 For This Useful Post:
Abi32 (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Abi

The second thread on this board is named "Sample Home Detox." It offers good suggestions for going CT at home. The advice is actually for anybody withdrawing from an opiate.

Keep posting, we are here for you.

reach

The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
Abi32 (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
(female)

Abi32 HB User

Thank you all for your support. I didn't realize there were so many kind souls out there. I will keep you all posted. I'm scared but I know with your support I can do this. Thank you thank you thank you! I will post when I can.

Closed Thread