It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

rtlaurel HB User
Alcohol Panic attack

I am an 18 year old female. I am in good health with no problems and I am not on any medications. The other night at a party I ended up drinking too much whiskey and according to my boyfriend, I had a complete panic attach. I was not able to sit up well on my own and he stayed with me throughout the night helping me pee and making sure I didn't lay on my back. However, he said that for most of the night I was in a panic, yelling, kicking, and hyperventilating. I have been drunk before and never panicked. I was just wondering if this is common, or may hint to some kind of condition or anything else I should know about this strange incident.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: Alcohol Panic attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlaurel View Post
I am an 18 year old female. I am in good health with no problems and I am not on any medications. The other night at a party I ended up drinking too much whiskey and according to my boyfriend, I had a complete panic attach. I was not able to sit up well on my own and he stayed with me throughout the night helping me pee and making sure I didn't lay on my back. However, he said that for most of the night I was in a panic, yelling, kicking, and hyperventilating. I have been drunk before and never panicked. I was just wondering if this is common, or may hint to some kind of condition or anything else I should know about this strange incident.
Hi rtlaurel. Alcohol does weird things to ourselves. It sounds like what happened to you was drinking related. When I used to drink I'd get mean quick. A panic attack almost paralizes you. Can't breath, heart pounding a mile and minute, fear, feel like dying, etc. What were you drinking? Could someone slip something into it? Hey your'e 18, too young to drinK!! But keep an eye one it. If it happens again consider a cut off number. But no I don't think it was a panic attack, just to much alcohol. Take it easy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

rtlaurel HB User

I was drinking Jack Daniels. Also I highly doubt anyone slipped anything to me, given that me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months and he stayed sober and was right with me the whole time. There were only about 8 other people there, most of which were girls, the same age as me. I don't remember 90% of what happened, but according to my boyfriend I was thrashing around a lot and apparently screaming that I was dying or going to die. So I'm not sure what the heck went on.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlaurel View Post
I was drinking Jack Daniels. Also I highly doubt anyone slipped anything to me, given that me and my boyfriend have been together for 9 months and he stayed sober and was right with me the whole time. There were only about 8 other people there, most of which were girls, the same age as me. I don't remember 90% of what happened, but according to my boyfriend I was thrashing around a lot and apparently screaming that I was dying or going to die. So I'm not sure what the heck went on.
Hi rtlaurel, Jack Daniels is potent. One of the ones that got me mean. Oh can I tell you the stories. But back to you. It is possible that you had a panic attack. They come without warning at any time. Alcohol is a depressant. I use to drink to get rid of anxiety, and am thinking of going back to drinking because my dr is a quack. But this must have been scary for you and your boyfriend. I am glad no one slipped anything into your drink. That happened to me once, no fun. I knew who did it and took care of it. She was really sorry she did it to me. I don't know how often you drink Jack or if it is your choice to drink, but watch to see if it happens again (which I hope not). This could have been a one time deal. Also watch how fast you drink so you don't get alcohol poisoning. Had that once. I was drinking alot of different liquors to get some sleep. I drank it all in 2 hours, went to bed. Nobody could wake me up, ems came. woke up in the hospital (yikes) talked to the psychiartrist. He said he had good new/bad news. good news I was not trying to kill myself (bac .33) bad news the ems couldn't wake me so they petitioned me. I had to go to the mental ward for 3 days...all for drinking. I slept (main goal) but wasn't drunk. Go figure. Hospital sucked! What I am getting at is your'e young and your body is not use to alcohol. Most young people drink the hard stuff. What happened to beer? Just watch yourself. If this happens again on Jack, don't drink it any more. What happened was unusual. Maybe your body saying enough? I wish the best for you. Take care and drink moderaterly.

Closed Thread