It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User
Low daily doses of vicodin and Xanax

Hi everyone. I've not been on this board in a long time. I've had a lot of health problems the last two or three years, started using Vicodin and Xanax as a result. I still don't know what the main health problem is and I'm back to going through rounds of tests. But, I think the narcs and benzos I take are making me sicker, at least I'm wondering if they do. I never go all-out on them. After all these years, I take between 7.5-13mgs a day. I split the doses in half mainly. I have been using the benzos more but it's still a really small amount, like 1.5-3 mg depending on my day.

Lately, I get dizzy and fogged out. I have been having bad GI issues. I didn't take my vicodin today (normally take it at 7 am) and I'm actually feeling very good. I split up my Xanax into 4, took a quarter this morning because I noticed how edgy and nervous I am now without it.

To make a long story longer, I wonder if half my problem (not all obviously) has to do with taking crap like this for so long. I'm at the point where I can't imagine life without it. I am very afraid of going off the Xanax, it seems like I need it more and more. Not sure if I'm going through my change of life or if this stuff is sickening me even more.

I also smoke and I hate it.

I keep dreaming of being totally clean of all drugs, everything.

What's the way out of this? At the very least, I want to know if all these drugs aren't making whatever problems I have way worse, like I'm spiraling the drain or something, and when I think of that, I wind up needing the Xanax more.

I do get some heavy panic attacks. With the pain and weird unsolved medical stuff, I find that the Xanax is helping me walk this scary walk and take away some of the pain. But, it could be that after years of taking these meds, it's the meds that are the problem.

Did anyone here find a dramatic improvement in health and pain after going off vicodin and benzos?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread