It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
11 years and counting

Hello all,

Being drug-free for this long has made me feel guilty.

Guilty because so many will be unable to do what i've done and am continuosly using.

I can't help but place in perspective all of those who won't make it to where I am at this point.

I'm metaphorically eating humble pie at this point because smoking dangerous(albeit illegal) drugs didn't solve one thing.It just complicated matters.

My heart goes out to each and every one of you that have previously or are currently plagued with drug addiction.I've been there,danced with the evil and at the end of the day placed my needs in front of others.

I just want to state,for the record,my heartfelt wishes for recovery go out to each and every one of you......

What i've been subjected to and put myself through, I wouldn't even wish on my enemies.

Take care of yourselves,seriously.

There's a war out there that way too many have been subjected to........against their better judgement.

Painstakingly stated,
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-16-2011 at 03:27 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012)
Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: 11 years and counting

Phoenix congratulations - you worked hard at it
don't feel guilty for ANYTHING......feel proud of yourself

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (11-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
Phoenix congratulations - you worked hard at it
don't feel guilty for ANYTHING......feel proud of yourself
Thank you but I can't seem to look past all the pain and suffering and intervention television shows.

This is REAL and it's not that i'm shouting;it's done for emphasis.

I'm in a painful place and don't expect many to understand but know that i'll be around to try and give advice;especially when it comes to my former drug of choice.

Thanks again rosequartz,

With the utmost respect
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-15-2011 at 02:48 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Phoenix

I am glad you can not look past those shows without pain... the pain comes as we empathize and find compassion for those who are still hurting. No, not all will make it, Friend. However, some will and perhaps the Lord has a purpose for those of us who have made it... perhaps we have survived so we can send a message of hope to those struggling with the torment of addiction. In the process, we may help another survive. The support of this board was a huge influence on my surviving. The ones who made it before me? Some stuck around and were there to help me through the darkest of times.

15 years ago, I had a very rare cancer. At that time, I had only a 5% chance of survival. Simutaneously, my daughter's best friend's mom was also struggling with cancer. Odd, we both had it in our leg. Never was sure of the kind she had. However, she died, I did not. I struggled a long time with 'survivor's grief', which is what I recognize in you. Some addicts never get better and die, while some, like you, find recovery. Some cancer patients die, some of us survive. Somewhere along the line, I had to let go of that grief, that guilt.... that is part of what I worked on in therapy as I was withdrawaing from the drugs. What did I do with the guilt? I turned it into a personal little mission of my own. I went out of my way to talk with people who were suffering...who were tormented by whatever came into their lives. I became an available person. I did exactly what you do... recognize my extreme blessing of survival and work at passing the hope along.

We are seed planters sometimes, Phoenix, and although we may not always get to see fruit born of it, I do believe it happens sometimes. To hurt for others is a spiritual awakening for many of us. Embrace it. It is a gift bestowed on you as a result of your own suffering (all of it).

Yes, your eleven years and counting is a blessing to many others. Humbleness and sincerity clearly come from you in your posts. How wonderful to think that we have the ability to empathize and commiserate with those who are walking in the shoes we once wore.

Take care of yourself always
Hugs
reach

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012), Phoenix (11-16-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Reach....

Webster's(tm) dictionary hasn't compiled the words yet that would show my gratitude for your post......

I want the best for each and every person who struggles with addiction.

In retrospect,i'm grateful.......

Most respectfully stated
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-17-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Closed Thread